cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Insurance

10 REPLIES 10
suzanna

Re: Travel Insurance

Holiday Insurance Thanks for the info. I phoned them and got one weeks cover in Europe for £28 for me, my husband and my daughter and they were really friendly too. So nice to be treated like you are a normal person.

Sue

Kazzykilb

Travel Insurance Thank you for this recommendation!!

I have spent the last few days ringing SO many insurance places to get a quote - it's slowly driven me mad!!

Apart from the many times I have been told that they won't cover me for breast cancer, I received of about £300, then about £230, and finally Aberdeen Insurance Services have quoted me £24 for each family member.

The information is being put in the post for me to read - but the policy sounds fine. And the price is too!!

So once again, thank you!

Karann

horselover

Hi Marion
Just to let you know i got insurance before treatment had finished i was quoted for a single trip 23.00 which i didnt think was bad but i opted for the annual one which was worldwide cover for myself for about £69.00.
So thanks a lot and have a lovely holiday
JanW

Geraldine

I've just been given a quote by Direct Line for myself, my partner and my son. They said they'd cover my cancer despite being less than 2 years post diagnosis and being on tamoxifen. They quoted £102 for the 3 of us for a single trip. An annual policy would cost £211.

Geraldine

GillS

Also very good Just to let you know that I have just had a very reasonable quote from Columbus Direct (0870 083 9503) who were mentioned somewhere on this site - they will cover everything to do with BC and I have managed to get an annual multi-trip world wide policy for me and the family for under £130. Several other companies that I tried wouldn't cover me because I am less than 2 years since diagnosis or would only give single trip policies. If you want single trip then Freedom were pretty competitive.

Hope this is useful.
Gill

horselover

Thanks for the number i will give them a ring this afternoon as i am still having rads and have normal insurance but they wont cover breast cancer due to finsish rads on Mon 18th June and go on hols on the 21st to Portugal ( i feel its a bit naughty really and may be a bit too soon but what the hell i will just have to be careful)

In fact i phoned a couple of insurance companies up and they wouldn't even give me a quote until my treatment has finished which doesnt give me enough time to insure.

Thanks Again
and Best Wishes
JanW

marion24

Hi Folks, thought that I would bring this to the top again, it is soooooo good to know that you are considered normal when it comes to insurance. It only took 10 mins on the phone and we were not referred to other people for questions.
Hugs Marion

mojomac

thanks haha jus posted before i looked at the rest of the posts ! wanted to know about hol insurance thanks a lot gunna ring them in the morn thanx sooooo much again xxxxxx

Lollie

Hi Marion

Thanks for letting us know about this travel insurance. I phoned them this afternoon and have taken insurance for my holiday in August. Not only would they offer me insurance even though I havn't finished radiotherapy yet but they were half the price of the other insurer who would only give me cover when all treatment is finished. Like you say they will increase the excess if i claim in relation to breast cancer.

Thanks again.

Love Lollie x

marion24

Travel Insurance Hi Folks

Finished chemo yesterday and due to start RT on 2nd July for 25 sessions. The end is in sight as I am HER2- and there is no further treatment.
Thought I would pass on some very good news which gave me a boost. Going to visit my daughter and grand children in Australia for 4 months with OH and I have found an insurance company that will insure me for breast cancer, they treat it as a normal illness not life threatening and do not increase the premium, only the excess if I claim relating to BC, so I have 4 months in Australia to look forward to. The name is Aberdeen Insurance Services
tel. no 01472826672
Hugs to all
Marion

marion24

Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance