cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Insurance

11 REPLIES 11
EmeraldEyes22

Re: Travel Insurance

Glo is right, I just got offered 12 months Insurance with Insurewith, Platinum Status too, for £124, Much less than I was expecting..and was the top notch of their policies, I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer just under 2 years ago..I was pretty happy with that, am going with them...lol

Sperry

Re my previous post. Oh I do need to apologise as in error this may have gone on into wrong forum but I hope the advice can help someone. X
Sperry

Hi all. May have some good news. After many attempts to get medical insurance including trying to arrange personal cover through an I independant broker I have now secured insurance. My BC diagnosis was primary and I had surgery - WLE with negative nodes and no spread, so that may have made a difference. I am also undergoing weekly chemo and told them about my herceptin and future radiotherapy. My ONC had already planned all my sessions around this trip even before I started.The company are Allcleartravel and covered me after all my disclosures. Annual multi trip for Europe £395 compared to quote of £190 for single two week. Cruises are a no no but we go to europe quite a few times in our Motorhome and also have relatives in Holland. Will also use for winter break nearer xmas as post treatment holiday. Cover always there if medically fit to travel (fingers crossed) Quote also slightly higher as OH had total hip replacement last year. Good luck to anyone else. We don't need extra barriers in our lives.
bazcas

We are off to Mallorca for 10nights beginning of July and we got insurance for us both with Insure Pink. It cost us £247.00 for the both of us will full medical cover. I had rediculas qoutes £2300.00 and £1800.00 and numerous quotes that would not touch us.  Good luck and happy hols.

Suze 

Glo

Thanks for the reply Nicky. Currently on weekly taxol, just had cycle 4 of 12, scan after 6 and due to go to Sicily for a wedding on 30th Aug, so pending scans showing improvement will certainly give them a ring!
So far I have fared pretty well and always got well priced insurance including that for skiing but since being diagnosed in sept 2010 with stage 4 from the onset this is my first chemo!
Glo xx

nicky08
Community Champion

Hi Glo
I have always phoned them and I'm sure they ask you if you have a pre existing condition, if not you must mention it. There are then about 4 criteria that you must meet, I'm sure you will. They are that you are not travelling abroad for treatment, you are fit to travel, you are not considered terminal and your condition is stable. You can check out their terms on the website by downloading a PDF. They are very helpful and several of us have queried the 'terminal' phrase and each time have been assured by them that terminal means you have only a few months to live and no further treatment options are available, by which I mean you have been told this by your doctor/onc. For once an insurance company are taking the right approach and I bet they haven't had any extra claims for BC related reasons. The number of times I paid extortionate premiums to travel and not once made a claim, makes me so annoyed, I could have bought a couple more holidays with the money instead!
Nicky x

Lynnq

One of the ladies in my SBCC support group had to claim. She had to cancel a short break in the UK because her grand daughter, who she helps to take care of was ill.
She was given a full refund, apart from the £30.00 excess.
She also had to pay her GP £30 for a letter of confirmation.....
She says that they were very helpful.....
Glo

Euro tunnel sounds to good to be true! Do you have to phone them and say you want insurance for a pre existing medical condition?
Do they quote you on the phone?
Do you know anyone who had to make a claim?

helen44

Hi there,

Just got my annual travel insurance with Eurotunnel for me & other OH - for Europe £71.95. I have bone & liver mets. Very pleased!

Helen x

nicky08
Community Champion

Hi
There is a very long thread regarding travel insurance which I will 'bump up' for you.
You don't say whether you have secondaries but I'm assuming you have, hence the high price you say you've been quoted. The cheapest insurance that I have come across us Eurotunnel, as I've mentioned in the other thread. Lots of us are using it, there's no medical questions to answer but you do need to satisfy their pre existing conditions questions. You do nit need to be travelling with them to take out their insurance.
Nicky x

Glo

Try Insurancewith. A company set up by someone who has breast cancer. I have had several trips with them and they have charged around £60 for a week including ski insurance as well.

me1945

Travel Insurance

Can anybody help me.  I am having trouble getting travel insurance for a 4 day trip to Prague. 

The insurers I have spoken to will, either not insure me or quote a ridiculous price which I am not prepared to pay for such a short triip.