Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel insurance problems

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Travel insurance problems

Hi,

I have just come back from 2 weeks in France having taken out an annual policy with Eurotunnel (£71 for me & husband). They are really good on the phone & as long as your onc says you are fit to travel & this is noted in your medical records then your mum should be ok. I have also used MIA who were very pleasant on the phone & quite competitive on rates.

Helen x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi

Infortunately for us with secondary BC travel insurance is another ball game. Most companies won't even insure you and if you are 'lucky' enough to get a quote it will be far higher than anything quoted for primary BC. In fact I've had quotes in excess of the actual holiday cost, grrrrr. Recommend Eurotunnel with their no nonsense/common sense approach where we are not penalised.

Nicky x

Highlighted

I did an annual policy with Covered2go gold but mine was primary BC and as far as I'm aware has been removed, but may be worth a call. Was recommended by "Which" travel for people with pre existing medical conditions. Good luck! Nicola x

Highlighted

Thanks Lucy, I have also posted on that thread.

Many thanks 

Highlighted

Hi there formymum

Here's a current thread with lots of travel insurance tips :

http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Living-with-secondary-breast/Travel-Insurance/m-p/952280

Best wishes

Lucy BCC

Highlighted

Travel insurance problems

Hi to all,

I am hoping some of you lovely people on here may be able to give me some advice on travel insurance for my mum, who was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer in the lungs and bones earlier this year.

Her current travle insurer have refused to insure her at all and as she is still fairly fit and her and my dad love to travel this is deeply upsetting for her.

I have done some reading and some have suggested that eurotunnel is the way to go.. anybody anything to add to this/your experiences etc please?

i would be really grateful for any help anyone can give me, then hopefully I can pass this onto my mum and we can get her and my dad travelling again!!

many thanks to you all.