Traveling while have chemo

Hi
I’m going on holiday to Spain a relaxing holiday to see my mum. I will be traveling ten days after my third FEC. I have had very mild SE’s so far. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on traveling and keeping well.
Gillian xxx

I think you will have a lovely time in Spain with your mum! I live in Spain and went to see my family in England while having chemo. I was intending to go after my chemo had finished but my son booked the flights for me as a surprise and I spent my birthday weekend with my parents and my daughter which was great. Although I was exhausted when I returned home I had a fabulous time and it really gave me a boost through the horrible treatment. Unfortunately my final chemo cycle had to be postponed for a few weeks as my blood count was too low and I’m sure it was the result of the weekend away but I had a very busy time and you are going for a relaxing break so you should be fine! You don’t say where abouts you are going but there is a fantastic charity called MABs who will be more than happy to help and assist you if you do have any worries or problems while you are there. If you want to find out more about them they are on the internet and you should be able to find the different branches for different areas. If not I can always send you a contact number.
Have a lovely time! x

Hi onlyme
Thank you, I’m going to torrevieja, I have looked up MABs and written down there contact numbers.
Gillian xxx