cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Treatment Plan

2 REPLIES 2
gabys1st

Re: Treatment Plan

Does your time scale of treatment allow for freezing some eggs?

With the very best of wishes for a happy outcome..

hay578

Re: Treatment Plan

Hello hopeful123. I am hoping to get my treatment plan in the next few weeks. I hoping it will make me feel more settled. I hope you manage to have children after if you decide thats what you want. Good luck with everything xx
hopeful123

Treatment Plan

Hi ladies,

I have finally gone through all my appointments and now have my treatment plan. Because I'm 30 and my tumor was grade 3 chemo was strongly suggested to me. I am going to do four cycles of TC chemo, followed by 6 weeks of radiation and 5 years of tamoxifen. I'm mostly scared that the chemo will push me into early menopause as we do not have children yet. My oncologist would not approve me doing an IVF cycle as my tumor was 95% hormone positive and the IVF cycle would expose me to too many extra hormones. I discussed zoladex as an option to have durning chemo and I believe that is what we are going to do just incase. He told me 35% of women who are premenopausal will be pushed into menopause during chemo. At this point I'm sad, but will be will be. I'm happy I'm only doing 4 cycles. I'm sure it will fly by!