Treatment plan and other news

Hi all, well yesterday was a roller coaster, my mum has just been diagnosed with incurable brain cancer, she has been in hospital folowing an op from the 12th jan and has months perhaps a year. Whilst I was expecting it really felt like mike Tyson had taken me out. Then I went ahead with meeting with oncologist and definitely not chemo, she said that even if it did the oncodx test and it said chemo she would not do it because of my stroke, it affects survivalmrate by 1%. Radiotherapy 15 sessions, zoladex injection for 3 months as she won’t recommend surgery for ovary remove, and hormone therapy. Then she examined me as I said it had been a bit painful over the last few days. Had been to see gp who said nothing to worry about, the oncologist took a different view, got the Breast surgeon to see me immediately and I had an aspirated Breast as I had a nasty haemotoma developing. So am now sore, very and very sad and upset. Sorry to moan??

Chez666 That’s really tough. Think you are really entitled to moan! Love xx

Oh Cheryl xx so saddened to hear about your mum. Little things are hard to deal with when going through this let alone something as difficult as that news. Whilst it’s good news about the chemo I realise its a bit tainted for you as you don’t seem to have any choice. Glad that they are sorting out the painful breast though - At least now it’s getting treated and hopefully will improve over the next week. I’ve been having a hard time mentally and physically the last few days just logged on to get the BCC number and saw your post xx sending hugs and best wishes xx s

Cheryl I’m so sorry to hear the sad news about your Mum.  On top of everything else that must be devastating news and life must seem entirely unfair. 

I’m glad you haven’t got to go through chemo and hope that rads/hormone treatment goes smoothly.

Big hugs to you

xx

Sharon

Oh Chez, big hugs to you. I don’t know what to say other than I am so so sorry to hear about your mum. What a awful time for you. Do you have support around you? xxx