cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Treatment plans

6 REPLIES 6
BJH

Re: Treatment plans

I was diag with BC in April last year.  Had a mammoplasty.  Then through a 'routine' CT and bone scan followed by a sternum biopsy it was confirmed mets in the whole of my breast bone.  Finished 3 X FEC and 3 x Docetaxol in December.  Finished 15 radiotherapy sessions 4 weeks ago.  Only on Tamoxifen.  I'm awaiting an appointment with my Onc and a scan to check the results of the treatment.

Cavills

Hi. I don't mind adding mine.  Primary 1999,  Secondaries in lungs dx 2009 after small tumour found under skin on scalp (removed by GP who thought it to be a cyst). Did 8 Doxetaxol then oophrectomy as treatment plan and biopsy showed cancer had spread to one ovary.  Now on Arimidex but last dexa scan not good but couldn't tolerate alendronicacid so just wait n see now, hugs to all.

emmy

I had a tumour in 2010, adjuvant FEC ,two WLE, rads and Herceptin with Arimidex. Had swollen collarbone in Nov which after testing showed shoulder,sternum and lung affected it was my supposed to be final onc app! So on doxcetal,Herceptin and Perjita just had second and all being well will finish after eight treatments but looking at H&P for life. It's a scary place to be but since the first was a loading dose I tolerated this second go much better apart from tum issues which aren't pleasant at silly o'clock and experienced my first ever steroid high yesterday! Ladies we definitely are stronger thank we know. I look like Aunt Sally with a bright red face oh deep joy but as yet coping better than the first go round. 

fredflowerpot

what a good idea.. i have brest cancer with  mx .had 22/33 nodes with cacer and in bones. i am on fec 5/6 ... i had my frist zoldex today . lot better than thought would be.... am due rads soon so far thta is all my plan i know of

Spoiler
Spoiler
😉

rosie53

Hi ladies, yes I agree this is a useful thread to have. 

Quick history on me, primary 2007, bone mets dx 2015 (exactly 2yrs ago this month), firstly put on tamoxifen then switched to letrozole Oct last year, I'm also on adcal, denosumab and zoladex injections.  I had no s/e on tamoxifen but have really struggled with letrozole, now almost 6 months later they are finally settling down but I truly believe that the reiki I have been having for the last 5 weeks have helped enormously, although I do have pain it's not as bad. Knees, fingers and feet hurt especially after resting, my onc told me letrozole effect the small bones most with achey s/e.

Hugs Janette xxxx 

Carolyn52

Hiya ..I think it would b nice too if we could post our details somewhere so that we don't have to keep repeating things for different threads. Maybe on our profile so that it would pull through.
Anyway .. I will kick this off .. I was dx with bone Mets October 2015 ...I take letrozole , Adcal and have denosumab injections.
The letrozole has been quite kind with se apart from the hair thinning and sore scalp. I have had two denosumab injections and have a third one next week. I found after the 2nd one I had aches and pains from day 4 to day 9.
The Adcal calcium tablet is easy to chew and I get tuitti fruity flavour !!!
Does this help ?
Hugs xx
miller08

Treatment plans

Hi I find it really helpful reading what treatments you are all having and side effects etc.but find it hard to remember which threads they are under, so I thought it might be useful to start a new thread where we might find them easier.
I was dx with secondaries in July 2015 with mets in my lung, bones, lymph nodes and under my skin
I started off with Herceptin and Docetaxol (the latter ended last December after 6 sessions).
6 weeks ago I started hormone treatment (Letrozole) and today I started Denusomab bone strengthening injections.
After the first cycle of chemo I coped really well - cold feet being my only lasting effect. By the beginning of February my energy levels were back to normal.
I have noticed more pains in my arms and knees since starting the Letrozole but the onc thinks this could improve now I have started the Denusomab. We will have to wait and see.
I would be intersted to know how others on the same or similar treatments are doing
Brenda