1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Treatment starting August 2014

ladygrey

Re: Treatment starting August 2014

Hi everyone.  Isn't it strange how we are now talking about getting lines out and RADS?

Well I just wanted to shout and rage on about BEEP BEEP INDIGESTION.  The pain is awful and it's day 14 - I should be getting better............wail!

Got gelclair for my mouth from the hospital - wow does that work if you have mouth ulcers.

On another subject my old father in law died today at the ripe old age of 94.  What a wonderful life and dignified death he had.  He passed peacefully away in his own bed surrounded by the two people he loved most in life, his wife and daughter.  He woke up just once to have a last cuddle with them - how sweet is that?

Ade xx

Bevster

Hi luvlies 😘 

Just back from hospital so a quick check in from me as am already under the duvet ready for a power nap 😴  Feel OK but shattered.... It's been a long day as had to be at Hosp for 8.45.

1st herceptin complete....👍 17 more to go!!

Did have a wobble & cried on my nurse today.....I thought I was having the treatment by I/v but they had me down for injection which I just hadn't prepared myself for 😕 Said they could try to change it but would have to wait for Dr & revised prescription etc which could take ages.....other than that I could've cancelled & rearranged for next week.....no way!!

Anyhow the injection was ok into my thigh & only took a few minutes. Still had to stay for observations but so far so good ☺ Fingers crossed!

Haven't read today's posts fully but thank you for all your well wishes 😘 

Will catch up later.

Much love 💕 ' xx

Bevster

Hi luvlies 😘 

Just back from hospital so a quick check in from me as am already under the duvet ready for a power nap 😴  Feel OK but shattered.... It's been a long day as had to be at Hosp for 8.45.

1st herceptin complete....👍 17 more to go!!

Did have a wobble & cried on my nurse today.....I thought I was having the treatment by I/v but they had me down for injection which I just hadn't prepared myself for 😕 Said they could try to change it but would have to wait for Dr & revised prescription etc which could take ages.....other than that I could've cancelled & rearranged for next week.....no way!!

Anyhow the injection was ok into my thigh & only took a few minutes. Still had to stay for observations but so far so good ☺ Fingers crossed!

Haven't read today's posts fully but thank you for all your well wishes 😘 

Will catch up later.

Much love 💕 ' xx

Bali2001

Nicki
I worked all through radio therepy doing exactly that worked in mornings then had treatment at 4pm ...... But I hadn't just had weeks of chemo !! I think you just have to listen to your body ...... I saw people so tired and one old lady in her 80s getting the bus there every day without a problem! ...... One thing I did last time was thought 15 days this date end etc! Nooooo it took well over 5 weeks with breakdowns /bank holidays / re-alignment so be prepared for the fact it may not end when u think ...... But then I am Mrs unlucky 😃😃 my sister only had a couple of delays ! Just realised you lot won't have armpit hair result !! You can't shave or use deo...... Worst bit I thought ! but on the plus side it never grew back halving shaving time in the shower 👍👍
I am trying to motivate myself to write Xmas cards ..... May aswell use the time up doing something useful !
M xx
Nicki01

Hi All,

Had a busy week, working and just making the most of having a bit more energy, ahead of round 5 next week.

Went to see the oncologist yesterday, not my usual one, but very good.  He went through radiotherapy, i was assuming i could go to work in the mornings, head off to the hospital after lunch and then go home to rest.

He said you get very tired from the end of the second week, and after a 3 week cycle, week 4, you are quite exhausted, was not expecting that.

Since my diagnosis i have been very positive, but all of a sudden this week, the thought of the worry of re-occurance has been filling me with panic.  He said this is very normal too, up until this point you are on a roller coaster, and it is only once you get to this point that you allow yourself to look to the future.  Bali, i know this is the second time for you, and the way you are dealing with it, is fantastic.

I certainly do not want to waste my life worrying about 'what if', so i am hoping this is just another emotion for me to work through, just took me by surprise.

Mel - loving the final verse, made me laugh out loud.  Am still clinging onto the 'first tax is the darkest', although Mr Oncologist did say each one gets worse, nnnnnooooooooo.  He did prescribe some industrial strength codeine, so hoping that will help with the pains this time.

Good luck Bev today, will be thinking of you.

Lots of love to all,

take care

Nicki xxx

EileenB

Hi Alijay

Yes, I have a PICC - it has to stay in for the full 21-day cycle. I asked on Monday about it coming out - the chemo nurse said that when I start my radiotherapy I should ask to see a doctor and assuming I get the go- ahead I can just pop into the chemo unit and have it removed. She said a couple of PICCs had been removed that morning and that she hadn't heard anyone screaming - but added that I should take strong paracetamol on the day it comes out! Not very reassuring. I have looked at 2 videos on You Tube but they were instructive videos for the person taking it out, with no sounds from the patient! Can't wait for it to come out, doesn't feel like the chemo is over at the moment. Good luck for your final Tax on Monday. My steroids have definitely worn off now and I can feel myself starting to go downhill, starting to get achy muscles in my neck and shoulders as I did the last 2 times. Not too bad on the whole so far and I keep telling myself it's for the last time. Currently waiting for the district nurse to come and do my line flush. Not planning to go out today anyway as the weather is so vile and I am not feeling up to it. May have to nip out late afternoon to pick up another sick note or may ask OH to pick it up if he can get to the surgery before it closes. Really can't face venturing out in this cold rain. The Christmas shopping will have to wait for now.....

Hope everyone is having as good a day as possible, let us know later how you got on Bev, very long day for you. Lots of love to all, Eileen xx 💜💜
alijay

Morning everyone,

Just back from blood test ready for Mondays last Tax, hopefully can enjoy the weekend despite the disgusting weather as I know I will be out of action for the next week or so.  I'm hoping the last one won't be so bad but I found the 2nd one much worse than the 1st (despite the song!!)  

Eileen, how are you doing?   Hope you're coping ok. Can't remember if you have a PICC? Did they say how long till it comes out, I'm so looking forward to getting rid of the thing! xxx

LynnAnn, Wrapping??? Goodness you are organised! Smiley Happy  Although I have to say I am getting lots of online xmas shopping done while I'm stuck in the house. Glad you've got the 5th one out of the way, hope you are feeling ok xxx

Good Luck to anyone else having treatment today, take care everyone

Ali xxx

LynnAnn

Morning all from a very wet East Midlands. . Was going into town today for the French market but may just snuggle up indoors.

Bevster - Hope all goes well for you. A long day ahead but must feel good to be progressing onto the next stage.

Bali - sorry to hear that you are on the grumpy stump. Hopefully your sister's birthday celebration can fix that. My oncologist keeps telling me to do stuff like that. His philosophy seems to be that being mentally/emotionally well goes a long way to improving physical health - which I find quite refreshing from a profession that sometime seem so keen to solve everything with chemicals. He just says err on the side of caution when very low immunity. Your energy levels will tell you how much you can do! Enjoy.

Ade - yes. Somehow 5th chemo has been a bit if a milestone for me. Got that one out of the way yesterday and couldn't wait to get home and phone GPs surgery to make appointment for next pre chemo blood test in 3 weeks proudly announcing to the receptionist that it would be my last one.

Came out of treatment yesterday full of energy so did a lot of Xmas shoppong. I don't want to go out in this weather so will make the most of the steroid effect today to do some wrapping and sorting.

Good luck to anybody visiting medics today for whatever reason.
Lx
Bali2001

Morning all

Sorry ade it's been the first time in ages I wasn't in the 4am club! I actually slept till 6.45 when the alarm went off 😄 hopefully i will feel less grumpy as I am firmly on grumpy step ........ Think it's partly the vile weather and partly that I feel I can't move/do anything in case I end up in hospital again ! I am getting nagged constantly by all and sundry to 'not do too much' I feel like a prisoner ...... Hubby doesn't even want me to visit my sister for her birthday this weekend ....... I'm going though !
Well yesterday was novel ...... Been calling hospital as my next onc appointment hadn't come through , when I eventually got them it turned out my appointment was 45 mins time! We live 45-60 mins away from hospital luckily hubby was home so we had to jump in car battle through rush hour traffic to try and get there ..... More stress! This put my temp and heart rate up so caused them a panic over sepsis again! And to top it all it wasn't even my onc! I wasn't happy ! But the guy turned out to be very good ( the last one was Greek and I couldn't understand him and didn't trust him) . He says that basically all they will do is monitor me every 3 months moving to 6 months after 12 months plus mammogram every 12 months as nothing else they can do and scans etc will just expose me to more issues , so will only do if I have any symptoms . So come the 27th I just need to live with it ......... He basically said it's irrelevant going over the fact I can't have anymore treatment as I just can't and they have given me the best chance they can with current treatments. The line has to stay in 3 weeks post last chemo. To ensure blood count is good , so I asked them to try and book me in now so I get an appointment ready as I wanted it gone by Christmas , at least then I can start the new year free of it all. A friend had her line out and she says it's lots easier than going in! Jannie be good to get your feedback what it's like etc...... I don't want general but would like sedative as I got so wound up having it in ! I am going to question lots more this time before the event!
Not sure if anyone is at the bar today? Good luck if u are
Hope it's a good SE free day for you all
❤️❤️M x
ladygrey

Back at the 4am club.  Not even on steroids!!!  These hot flushes are a killer.....one after the other so gave up and got up!  I'm going to plank myself on the fed up step although on a positive note my 5th chemo is next week so that means it's only 4 weeks to my last one Smiley Wink

Ade xxx

jannie13

strange...why twice 😯
jannie13

I've told my gp that I will be seeing lots of them when this is done as I think I'm going to doubt everything and don't think I'll be able to feel through a g cup.
I was running hands over scalp today and it felt different..not sure if it's fingers or if something is happening up top.
hoping everyone is getting through today hang on to the thought it's not much longer before the next stage. I know for some it's an extra 18 weeks but hopefully it will be kinder.
jannie13

I've told my gp that I will be seeing lots of them when this is done as I think I'm going to doubt everything and don't think I'll be able to feel through a g cup.
jannie13

It's funny how some days the injections really hurt others you hardly feel. I found my left side painful so we would both get stressed making it worse. my oh has definitely become my hero through this don't know what happened to the squeamish man I married.
I've been asked if I want a local or a general for removal of Hickman as it's now being done at a different hospital. mount Vernon were doing it under local on the ward Hillingdon are saying it will be in theatre as a sterile environment so confusing has anyone had one out yet? I'm going in on the 25th.
ladygrey

Evening all.  I have the return of the dreaded 'runs' and todays 'extra' little treat is ulcers on the roof of my mouth.

I haven't really thought about after treatment.  I just can't wait to go on holiday and do normal things.  I want to wake up with out indigestion, sore joints, mouth etc etc etc.  Maybe I should give it soe thought?

Hope everyone is Ok and not suffering too much.

A very very tired Ade xx

And40

I meant to say that I've been warned by the BCN and the oncologist about the emotional impact when treatment ends.  LynnAnn, it's good your GP understands.

At least we also have this forum too.  It's been very important.

Andrea xx

And40

Hi everyone

Good luck today LynnAnn and Kate (hope you are ok). xx

Bali - glad you are feeling better.  I'm sure you are feeling nervous about the end of treatment.  As Bev says I hope you get to see the main oncologist.  You would think he would want to see you!

Bevster - it's weird that you are to start on Tamoxifen.  I'm not sure at what point I start too.  Let us know how it goes, and how your body copes. xx

When everyone responded to Ade's role call I was struck by the variations in the timescales of hormone therapy.  I know there has been recent research that says 10 years now works but it seems some of us are still being told 5 years.  I'm going to ask about that when I see the onc. in a couple of weeks.

I've spent the morning catching up on my work emails.  Even though I'm not working I've been logging onto my work laptop every so oftern to keep in touch with what is happening there (and make sure I don't end up with thousands of emails).  It's amazing how many can just be deleted.

Just a couple of hours has worn me out though, and that's not even being there amongst people!

My team has temporarily been given different reporting lines whilst I'm not there and it's made me think about how difficult it will be going back.  Still, I need to not think about that until next year.

Take care everyone.

Andrea xx

LynnAnn

I am very lucky to have a supportive GP who at the start of all this warned me about how I might feel when contact at the hospital is less regular and assured me that I could see him at the surgery and mustn't feel I'm being a nuisance! It's good to know that there will always be to points if contact - the GP and this forum 🙂
Bali2001

Blimey ! Didn't. Realise it was for so long .......but whatever it takes to get back to full fitness , we are so lucky these days that there is so much they can do ❤️

Decided to have a clear out ... Started with drawers in spare room ........filled a huge bag to bin ! Why did I keep all this stuff? Wardrobes next 😄😄👍👍 may as well use my time at home wisely 😄 x
Bevster

Hi Bali 

My herceptin treatment is every 3 weeks for 18 sessions so it's actually a 12 month course of treatment. I must admit that I'm taking comfort from the fact that I'll still be seeing Onc & my nurse regularly so I can really empathise with how you're feeling moving forwards.

I sure agree that you should see the main man/woman to discuss things before your treatment finishes. I too have mostly seen understudies but they've been great & have managed my expectations & answered all my questions. I've another list for this afternoon too!!! Lol 😜 

The support on here is phenomenal....... My daily fix!!

Love you luvlies 💕 B xx

Bali2001

How long do you have to have herceptin for is it just a course over a few weeks ? .....long day for you tomorrow 😞 hope it all goes okay .....

I am going to try and talk to my onc before it's all over........ I keep getting the understudy blokes which I don't trust.....so want to make sure I get my consultant to be sure I get good advice......... I am carrying on with counselling too which will hopefully help ......... And of course all you lovely ladies .......not sure I could have got through this without you guys ❤️❤️
Bevster

Hi Bali - hope the stuff you remembered about eases the vile taste & that you can enjoy something other than 'cardboard' hunnie!!

The herceptin is via I/v. I can opt for injection into leg I think but am going to have it administered slowly first via the I/v method to see how I get on with it. This is the drug they have to regularly monitor effect on heart hence the intense scan last week. I've got to be in hospital 6 hours tomorrow as they have to make fully sure there are no adverse reactions to the drug 😕 

I also start on my tamoxifen tablets tomorrow...... Daily rattling for 5 years!! 

Fingers crossed my body just takes all this on board without too much trauma. I'm a bit anxious about this next bit now as did remarkably well with FEC so have been really lucky so far.

Will let you know how I get on but I completely understand what you mean re how you'll feel when your chemo ends.....I read in one of the info leaflets that once treatment is complete you can feel quite isolated as what had become routine hospital visits with treatment & support from medical experts is no longer there. Remember you have us on here though & the BCC nurses monitoring this forum. Might be good to talk about it with your consultant before you finish chemo hunnie.

Take it easy. Hugz 💕 B xx

Bali2001

Morning girls

Good luck today Lynann and Kate.......... Good news is the 2nd tax has been much better than the first no where near as much pain etc so all controllable ! Mouth is vile but rememberd some stuff they gave me in hopsital at 3am this morning 😄 so using that now fingers crossed it will help .........first tax is the darkest 😄😄👍👍
The song is just brilliant Its me me laugh so much ....... I love it........ Britain does have talent 😄

My friend came for dinner last night ...... God knows what it tasted like ! But she ate it ! We we talking about when I was diagnosed and we had discussed going away to Dubai for new year!! How naive were we! Be lucky to make the local pub! ........ got asked to choose my food for a family Xmas night out , but as I got delayed it will be straight after my last chemo ........ I think I'll just order the cardboard 😄

On the make up front when we did the look good session they took a photo of us at the end and when I looked round it was amazing how much better everyone looked (happier even) with a bit of slap on ..... I said that to my friend last night it's so hard to look after nails skin etc such an effort, just at the time when you need to do extra to save it all from the blooming drugs!

Bevster how do they administer herceptin ? Is it tablets or iv? ....... I am so scared of having nothing once the chemo finishes 😞 hope I cope okay!

Love and hugs to all the other lovelies ....... Have a good SE free day ❤️❤️Xx
LynnAnn

Woo Hoo! Found an alternative route through the city which actually cut 15 mins off journey time. So can have a lie in next time. 🙂
Lx
LynnAnn

Good morning girls.

Thank you for your good wishes. Just on my way for Tax2. Major delays going into Leicester so not sure if I will get there on time. hospital not always too busy on a Thursday morning so fingers crossed that they will still see me.

Kate - so worried that we haven't heard from you. Hope treatment goes ahead and that all is ok.

Good luck with oncologist Bevster. One more step along the way!

Lx
Bevster

Morning luvlies 😘 

LynnAnn & Kate - wishing you good luck for today's visit to the cocktail bar! Kate - hope you're OK???? 

Has anyone heard from Kate?

Mel - your last verse is just amazeballs..... Luv it!!!!! Definitely gotta be the August Angel's theme tune!! Wonder if they'll mind a full rendition at the Ritz next year..lol 😁😉 

Eyelashes dwindling for me too! Right eye worse than left so applying mascara just accentuates the oddness! I feel that my eyes look like pee holes in the snow without mascara so the eyeliner is getting some hammer but doesn't look the same 😕

As for piles....yep I'm with you on that one too. That's just started recently 😰 

Well off to see Onc this afternoon to see if on track for 1st Herceptin tomorrow!! 

To everyone (sorry I've lost thread of individual posts this morning) - Wishing you an SE minimal day. Take it easy & stay strong luvlies.

Love n hugz 💕 B xx

sorbet

Good luck for 2moro Lynn Ann and Kate, thinking of you both.

Fab ending to song Mel all you guys are so clever!

Hope Eileen you continue to feel ok without steroids.

Ade poor you with all yuk SE, its no fun I agree roll on Xmas would like to wake up then and skip next weeks!

Thanks Jannie touch wood tingling stopped and numbness too, feel a different person today just tiredness and even ate 2 suppers (more food today than in last week) Last of this cycles 7 days of GCIF jabs 2mro yipee, think DN will be pleased too as somehow this time they have really hurt and consequently each time I have got in a state.

Glad you beginning to feel better too Fairy hope weekend good and you enjoy, I have 40th to go to following Sat which was worried about but you've inspired me if you can do this Sat I should easily do the following-must try out some of Look Good freebies or will scare anyone from speaking to me as look so awful-Lynn Ann I have been same as you as just can't be bothered with make up but feel I need to !

How are you doing Nicki?

Anyhow love to everyone AliJay, Andrea , GeeJ  Bevster.

Take care Love Sorbet

jannie13

sorbet..another thing they said was mine was unusual for a first treatment because it was severe but some in 2 and 3 is normal so I'm sure you will be fine especially if improving already ... fingers crossed.

I think i tasted vinegar today so maybe chips and a vinegar pig out on the cards have really missed it.

hoping everyone has a good night.
EileenB

EileenB

Good luck for Tax 2 tomorrow Lynn, and remember as the song says 'the first Tax is the darkest'........ Sleep well if you can, I finished my steroids last night but slept quite well till 5am so that was a bonus. Eileen xx😴💜
geeG

Working all day today and v tired again tonight - still waiting on ear probe thermometer that was ordered about 10 days ago (I get so fed up with the wee oral one that always seems to read low - so always need to take temp 2-3 times… let alone remember to use before or 30mins after eating/drinking - LoL!) … meantime the silly hat for Christmas that OH ordered 2 days ago has arrived already - LoL! Keeping eyes open proving a challenge tonight - see yous all tomorrow - hope SEs on the wane for us all and all sleep ok… hugs… x
LynnAnn

Hi Ade

Glad to hear you 'runs' are on the way out. I didn't really get that on FEC but looking back to how badly I coped with the many SEs i experienced in Tax 1 that was definitely the thing which sent me over the edge.

Sorry I can't help with heat spots as I haven't experienced that. Just to say I have been told to ring hospital helpline if I get any sort of rash. Can't help just to make sure - although I don't necessarily follow my own advice as I am so scared they will tell me to go in or that chemo will be delayed 😞

Lx
Murphy1963

Hiya, I'm from October thread and I LOVE your song. I've been following everyone's journey since I started my chemo and I'm so envious that some of you are now coming to the last ones. You have all done fantastic and haven't lost your sense of humour throughout all this horribleness xxxxx
LynnAnn

Hi guys

Loving the song and I'm sure it will keep me positive as I have Tax 2 tomorrow. Went for a walk today and forgot to take my iPod music. Found myself humming away to the same tune time and time again, can't believe it took me so long to realise it was the August girls' theme tune. 🙂

Mel - enjoy having your taste buds. We need to treat ourselves. I try to eat reasonably healthy to feel good but don't worry too much about portion sizes if I feel like eating. On steroids today which make me really hungry. Nurse told me that I MUST treat myself to cake if I fancy it - can't argue with medical advice!

Fairy - glad you are up to doing normal stuff and good to have things to look forward to. Hope you can have a fairly easy day on Saturday so that you can enjoy partying.

Andrea & others who have commented on make up. I must confess I have really let myself go in that department, really can't be bothered. Went clothes shopping after oncologist appointment today and caught sight of my really tired pale face in the bright lights of the changing room. OMG really must make use of those lovely products from the Look Good session.

Sorbet - glad to hear your feeling better today. Nearly there! 🙂

Wishing you all a good night's sleep. First day on steroids for me so have plenty of easy to watch trash TV recorded just in case!

Lx

ladygrey

Woo Hoo she shouts, clapping her hand in delight.  Great last verse Mel.  The best one I reckon.

I pleased to report the said 'runs' have departed and Fairy I can sypathise with the piles.  I forgot I even had them it's been so long...........  Still left with fat sore lip and gut rot that would fell a rhino at a thousand paces.

FEC is a really nasty chemo or maybe it's because we are so much weaker when we get to 4th chemo.

Mel - I'm sure someone mentioned that the 1st tax is the dose that really does the business to your cells so a reduced dose shouldn't make any difference to the outcome.  I'm tempted to see if they will reduce the dose of FEC to see if it will help my guts or what is left of them.

Andrea you are so lucky coming up to your last chemo and I wish you the best for minimum SE's.  It can't happen quick enough for me.  I'm so fed up with this garbage.

I still have my eyebrows and eyelashes. although I've noticed theyr'e are finer.

I'm coming out in little heat spots on my head and arms - did anyone else have this?

Ade xx

Mel66

After much head scratching the final verse is here....

I used to have a full head of hair
Now my breasts are no longer a pair
I need to sit on the 'woe is me' stair
But first I need to try to get out of bed
Yeah, I'll try to get out of bed but I know

The first tax is the darkest
Baby I know... the first tax is the darkest
When it comes to the heartburn, it hurts
But the head to foot bone pain is worst.

There's nose bleeds, sore mouths and throat
If you miss that don't you gloat
Cos things are not gonna be good
Ladies, you'll need Emend
to hang onto your food

But the head to foot bone pain is worst

The side effects are a delight
The toilet must always be held in sight
and don't think I am kidding you
cos an accident is not what i want to do Baby
I'll try to get there in time cos

My lady garden has gone to Brazil
Eyebrows and eyelashes are nil
With my specs on I am Harry Hill
But one day I'll grow back all my bits
Then me 'n' the girls are all off to the Ritz

But for now....

Busy day yesterday.... aromatherapy in the morning, then off shopping with a friend, then oncologist appointment late afternoon... before flying home, straight under the shower then out for a meal with friends. Reiki this morning and been collapsed on the sofa ever since.

Oncologist has decided to reduce the dose for my next 2 tax to try and reduce the horrible side effects. Hope it works.

Has anyone had any success with false lashes? I tried putting some on the other day but just couldn't get them to stick properly... kept lifting off at the edges... not a very flattering look! I've inly got a few, very short and stubby lashes left and am also drawing my face on each morning. Getting quite a dab hand... used to take at least 20 mins but can now do a passable effort in about 5 mins. Discovered Number 17 'Tattoo Me' eyeliner from Boots which could survive a tsunami. It hangs on in there even after a full meltdown bawling session! 🙂

Eileen.... I've been getting pain in all the surgery areas since starting tax. I've had quite a bit of pain in my foob and had it 'cramping' (I had LD recon so it's made up from back muscle)

Ade.... I'm with you on the runs. It's happened on both FEC and tax... 2 weeks of bunged up followed by a week of the runs.

On a positive note, I've still got my taste buds and enjoying my food and wine. On a less positive note, it means I'm not likely to loose any of this weight gain any time soon!
Fairy472

Hello all well a week after the 5th fec I finally went out! Just to high st which I drove to but I am slowly getting back to land of living
Put my face on and looked a lot better although I too have no eyelashes left. I'm wondering whether to get the individual ones done they last 2/3weeks but I not sure if I can
I used to be able to get away with v little make up to pop out that no longer the case!!!
I've a party to go to this Saturday hoping my energy levels keep going up and I can make it
I too have had a bad tummy on fec. Painful and now piles have returned, just what I need!!!
At this rate I'll be limping over the finish line on nov 26th xx
And40

Morning!

Ade - I've had the other problem and used Lactulose for it.  Certainly not what you need.  I think Eileen is right, give them a call.  They've always been really good when I've called about things.

Alijay - I debated using false ones but I've not gone for it yet.  I stopped using mascara a few weeks ago 'cos I agree it seems to emphasise the lack of lashes.  I've used eyeliner to define the shape of my eyes.  Looks ok from a distance but I think a bit weird close up.  I'm shading in my eyebrows too, but then I always used to do that.  I used to think my eyebrows were really thin but I'll be glad to get back to that normal.  I think I read somewhere that it might be the glue on the false ones that can irritate your eyes, particularly when you don't have any of your own lashes to attach them to.  I hate the way that I just look like a featureless blob without any makeup on.  I wonder how long it will take for them to grow back?

I'm waiting in today for the district nurse visit to flush my line and change the dressing.  Hopefully it will be this morning.  Otherwise, my energy levels are starting to pick up.  I can't wait to feel like this more of the time.  My next and last chemo is next Wednesday and I have mixed feelings.  Dreading going through it all again, and desperate to have it so that I can get it all over with.

Hope all the SE's are getting better today.  Take care everyone.

Andrea xx

sorbet

Thanks Jannie for your reassurance and tips, feels better so far today , yes I have last dose on 26th, see nurse on 24th for bloods so will tell then. You have obviously suffered much worse with this , hope you are ok now.

Sorry Eileen very dosy last pm it was Nicki I meant ! Hope you manage ok without steriods and take it easy.

Fairy how are you doing?

Hope you enjoying dog walking Bevster and thanks for your positive spin on future cant wait to feel and do more normal things.

So pleased I slept well and starting to feel better today, hope to see daughter in Hockey match later if rain stops.

Love to everyone Sorbet

Bevster

Morning girlies 😘 

Hope you all managed a nice restful sleep & are recharged to face another day.

It's very grey, wet n dreary here in Doncaster but my pooches still need their walkies 🐕🐕 so I'm off out to blow the cobwebs away.

Wishing you all an SE free day...fingers crossed!  

Will catch up later.

Lovecn hugz 💕 B xx

jannie13

sorbet..I can't remember if you have another dose to go they were concerned because it was still very numb just before my next t was due did tests to see how much I could feel and decided to wait another week. I would make sure you tell them at least a few days before so they can look at dose if needed as with me they would have reduced it if feeling had come back. I went through pins and needles and feeling like nails were coming off..They were not at all...Then had no feeling at all hence the cut. They said to watch particularly the bad arm as I cut finger trying to get pills out of foil. massage may help I was told and no extra temps as feels like chill blanes.
hoping yours get the feeling back soon I know some numbness is common so you should be fine just watch for sharp pains.
EileenB

Alijay and Bali, I bought some false eyelashes weeks ago but haven't used them yet - seems too much faffing about. I have 2 eyelashes on upper left eyelid and about 5 or 6 on right. Virtually none on lower lids. Gave up wearing mascara about 2 weeks ago, just seemed to emphasise how few were left. Looks weird though, wearing more eyeliner to try to define my eyes instead. Will look at that video and maybe give the false lashes a go now and then. Eyebrows also nearly all gone but easy enough to pencil and powder them in (unless the last few fall out as well when I think it will be harder to fake them!)

Eileen xx💕💜
EileenB

Hi ladies

Sorbet, you've mixed me up with someone else (sorry, can't remember who - maybe Bali I think) - I've not had acupuncture (and am still off work since mastectomy late June). I am feeling ok today (after final chemo - Tax - yesterday), no doubt thanks to steroids. I was only thinking today that I worried about taking them before starting chemo but, apart from the insomnia, I have actually been glad to take them the last few cycles because of how great they've made me feel! Took last dose tonight so will no doubt start to go downhill in the next few days.

I mentioned to chemo nurse yesterday that my scar and all the numb areas around my armpit etc (from SNLB) were hurting - she said it showed that the Tax was 'going to the right places' but I took that with a pinch of salt. When I saw the physiotherapist last week (for cording, now much improved) she'd just had another Tax patient in who'd also said that her surgery scar and numb bits had started to hurt, so it must be a common SE of Tax. That patient apparently also said that some old scars (nothing to do with BC) had started hurting as well - must be any old nerve damage that gets affected as well as what it's doing to our hands and feet now.

I too have been having pins and needs (mild) in feet and hands. Mentioned that to chemo nurse yesterday, she said it should be ok as long as it doesn't start moving up arms and legs! Will have to keep an eye on it and hope it doesn't get any worse. Not much that can be done if it does get worse as I've had my last Tax now - it's not as though they could adjust my next dose or anything. Will try not to worry.

Ade, I had the runs once whilst on FEC - thought I'd read somewhere that it was safe to take Imodium but I thought I'd better check with hospital. They took me through '20 questions' - trying to establish whether it was just caused by FEC or whether I had any chance of food poisoning. They were very thorough actually and I was glad I'd phoned - they were trying to make sure it wasn't a risk of neutropenic sepsis given than it was during my second week. If you're in doubt, you should check with your hospital, especially if it's repeated bouts. After I'd answered their 20 questions they said I could go ahead and take Imodium, but said I must never take it if I think I might actually have food poisoning.

Have a good evening all, and plenty of SE-free sleep. Lots of love, Eileen xx 😴😴😴💜💕💕
geeG

See yous? Crease me up y'do! So very glad yous r all here an' all such Lovelies!

Apologies - day 6 2nd FEC - v tired from working yesterday am & today - taking Thursday & fri off this week re low WCC prior to last chemo suggests to me these may be low days again … shall hope to catch up then … hugz … x x
Bevster

Hi luvlies 😘 

It's been pretty quiet on here today until this eve. I was getting worried you'd all took turns for the worse & had abandoned the forum ship. Pleased at least to see some of you still here today albeit you seem to be struggling on.

I feel pretty guilty posting ladies as I'm feeling fine other than sore eyes, sore veins & general tiredness. I'm not telling you this to boast but just as a positivity boost to let you know that you will feel better all in good time. I hope this comes across as I mean well hunnies 💗 

I had my appointment with consultant re radiotherapy today which went well. I'm to travel a little bit further afield to Weston Park Hospital in Sheffield for this element of treatment. Am booked in to go there next Monday for positioning & marking up etc.......yep a tattoo to be donned at age 45!!! Lol 😉

Should hopefully find out on Monday when my 15 sessions of radiotherapy will be........fingers crossed can get it boxed off before Christmas! 

Have also been to feed the vampires in readiness for Thursday's appointment with my other consultant who will hopefully be happy with everything & will authorise my Herceptin dose for Friday.

Tomorrow, fingers crossed, is a hospital free zone...yippeeee. Am quite looking forward even to doing the housework with some va va voom 👍 

Thinking of all you luvlies struggling out there & sending massive hugz 😘 

Hope everyone gets a restful sleep & feels brighter tomorrow.

Night night hunnies.

Sending love 💕 B xx

sorbet

Bali so glad you got to and enjoyed Look good session (sorry message overlap) Goodie bag is fab (have to say mine hasnt had much use though as pulling on wig before go out is as much as can face at mo but hope at Christmas can face make up and make an effort. Take care and hope taste back for us all too-did much same with all food today roll on Xmas and enjoying eating again!Love Sorbet

sorbet

Evening ladies

Jannie hope you are getting as much rest as you can , tiredness is horrid. I got a shock yest as hands and feet started tingling and left arm and then finger tips numb, not had this before. Cousin convinced me to call hos to let know though nurse unconcerned just said if worse let them know or see GP? Anyhow wondered if you have any tips as know sadly you've suffered with this lots? Its mainly side of surgery so guess nerve damage ? Glad you getting sense of taste back a bit. Take care

Bali how are you today? hope better than other day, glad no pain but hope other SE go, not fun. You rest up and take care big hugs.

Ali Jay sorry about your eyes hope improve. Hope you are abler to enjoy this week before last one next MOn.

Ade how horrid re runs and cold sore, thankfully didnt have those SE but sympathise with cant eat its rotten and then makes more tired etc . Hope you feel better soon. Thanks song fab.

Bevster hope cibsultant appointment ok and you found out all wanted re radiotherapy.

Eileen how are you doing? great you working. Hope accupuncture was good today.

Andrea I agree re scalp . How are you feeling today?

Lynn Ann how are you when are your blood pre Thur chemo?

Kate thinking of you still and hoping all ok.

Love to everyone and anyone have forgotten. Still pretty yuk here but hoping on the up soon.

ove Sorbet

jannie13

Bali glad you had a good time...apart from the lucky one..I'm sure she had some side effect there must be justice...
I found chilli on everything cut through the salty cardboard and lime juice.
jannie13

Lady grey. .I was told to take imodium instants worked well for me.
Bali2001

Hi all

Well managed to get to the look good session ........ Enjoyed the day glad I made the effort....... Goody bag was great 😄😄.....took some effort though, got that walking in treacle thing going on again. Sat next to someone who had loads of energy and hadn't lost any taste....... I was so jealous. Just binned my dinner as pointless exercise eating cardboard......... just made me a jelly .....moving to that tomorrow I think as just bored trying stuff to be horribly disappointed when I taste it. Feeling sick too so on tablets for that and the dreaded heartburn seems to be making a return, so feeling a bit sorry for myself 😞

I did get cold sores ade , but then I always get them when I am run down .... not much problem with runs though

I am so pleased you are done Eileen 😄 I can't wait for this to be over .....running out of energy for it all now.

I have tried false lashes without much luck though alijay ......... I only have about 4 now ! So look a bit demented
Try this web site http://eyelineher.blogspot.co.uk she's very good at explaining what to do. But I think it takes lots of practice

Hope you got on okay with radiotherapy consultant Bevster ❤️

Hope all you other lovely ladies are having a good day/evening

M xx