cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Treatment starting August 2014

alijay

Re: Treatment starting August 2014

Hi everyone,

Fariy & Sorbet, last one, well done!Smiley Happy hope SE won't be too bad, I had my last one last Monday and after having a hard time with my second Tax this time hasn't been too bad at all. xxx

Bali, good luck today hope everything goes well xxx

I had my Radiotherapy planning on Tuesday, CT scan and tattoos done!  I start on the 15th December and finish on 16th January, I am in the ImportHigh Trial so I have an extra 8 days. Good news is I have 4 days off over Christmas Smiley Very Happy

Love to everyone, take care

Ali xxx

Bali2001

Morning all

Congratulations fairy and sobet all done!

Bevster they was the worst thing about radiotherapy! It's the parking , commuting and cancer treatment EVERY day it's just exusting , but like chemo it's dosble and will be over before you know it. ❤️❤️

No sleep last night 😞😞 not sure if the blasted steroids or just stressing ! It's horrible as I am desperate to get it over but always worry of bloods being no good and we know what's coming with the SE ! Will update later on progress !

Hope all you girls okay and minimum SE today

Lots of love ❤️❤️
Bevster

Morning luvlies 😘

Hope everyone is OK & had a restful night's sleep.

Sorbet & Fairy - You did it!!! Final round completed 👍👍 Hope the SE's treat you kindly hunnies

Bali - Thinking of you. You'll soon be on the 'no more chemo step' too. Hope all goes well today.

Ade, Eileen Alijay,Mel, Andrea, Nicki, Kate, Jannie, geeG, LynnAnn & anyone else I've missed (apologies if so) hope you are all doing OK.

Off for session 4 of radiotherapy this morning......gosh it's already been a long week! 

Love n hugz 💕 B xx

EileenB

Morning all

Bali, good luck for your final trip to the chemo bar today.

Have a good day everyone. Eileen xx 💕💕
jannie13

Good luck Bali. ..and hoping the SE are kind fairey. .

update on line...didn't need painkillers feels tender if touched with a slight swelling...If anybody had what felt like a line going up where it couldn't be that is going down and was part of the phlange according to surgeon..have worn a strapless bra as that would cause pressure but otherwise not as uncomfortable as having it in ... so looking good ladies...my long hot soak maybe getting closer.
sleep well.
Fairy472

Good luck Ball
I'm all done!!!!!!
Hurrah I'm just waiting for the SE's to kick in x
Hope yours went ok Sorbet x
Bevster

Good luck for tomorrow Bali..... Fingers crossed all goes well for your last one. Hugz 💕 B xx

Bali2001

Hi all

Hope you are all okay 😄 well bloods done fingers crossed all will be okay for tomorrow 😄 they have also booked the line to come out on 22nd so would all be done for Christmas ❤️

Hope all went well for your last blast sorbet and fairy ....... Hopefully will be joining you tomorrow .

Having my fireplace all knocked out tomorrow the the lounge redecorated so a few weeks of mess😞......timing isn't great is it!!😄😄 having all new furniture though so quite excited 😄😄 this being at home does cause me to spend more !! Online shopping /browsing is a nightmare 😄

Hope all the ladies are all doing okay with minimal SE ❤️ Sending hugs
M xx
LynnAnn

Morning All

Bevster - glad your radiotherapy is going well. So many new experiences for us all! Wow, you sound so organised with your Xmas shopping, take it easy - I know how tiring this normal stuff can be.
Sorbet & Fairy - good luck with your last chemo and hope you're more mentally able to cope with SEs knowing that it's the last one - yeah!!

Andrea - how are you doing? Hope the energy levels are rising and you are able to get out walking. My oncologist keeps nagging me about that - try to get out if I can if only for a few minutes but its not always easy is it?

Hectic day for me yesterday with the wasted visit to the hospital, lunch out, a bit of shopping and then popped into worked for the first time in 4 months. So a lazy day today for me perhaps just a bit of present wrapping.

Keep well ladies 🙂
Lx
Bevster

Morning gorgeous girls 😘 

Sorbet & Fairy - All best wishes for your last round of chemo today!!! 👍 Just this one luvlies & you've done it!! 💜 

Bali - Hope the vamps are happy today so you can steam ahead for your trip to the cocktail bar tomorrow. Fingers crossed for you hunnie.

LynnAnn - What a to do! Sorry your radiotherapy planning appointment didn't go to plan. At least you will find out before Xmas what your schedule will be in readiness for the new year.

Jannie - Pleased to hear the removal of your Hickman went OK. That'll be reassuring for the other luvlies who've got that yet to come.

Thanks for everyone's well wishes re my radiotherapy. Have to say that I've not much to report about it.....it's pretty straightforward at the moment. You don't see or feel anything. I'm doing as I'm told & using e45 twice a day on the area being blasted so am hopeful to alleviate any adverse skin reactions. 

I have to say though that the time tripping back & forth for my appointments is time consuming & tiring. My good old Dad is traveling with me each time in case I'm too tired to drive &/or to be able to drop me off & park my car as parking spaces are few & far between at the hospital I'm traveling to. 

Anyway I'm 2 down with 13 more to go!! 

Must admit I'm feeling quite weary today....not sleeping well & I think my Xmas shopping extravaganza took its toll yesterday. At least that's almost done now....just a few stocking fillers to buy 👍 

Wishing you all a good day.

Sending love & hugz to all you August Angels. Stay strong luvlies 💕 B xx

jannie13

Bali. ..yes a Hickman...didn't have the alien experience coming out but know what a fish feels like being let off the hook....its do able and not enough to loose sleep over. We've been through much worse. x
jannie13

Good luck for final chemo tomorrow..yeah..

Andrea I get you worry on the arm I have cording up to the arm pit so even light things are uncomfortable to carry..looks like a relief mat from geography...another pretty reminder...I really don't want anyone to touch it with a needle so asked about if I needed bloods etc. radiotherapy said they wouldn't and nurse said if needed at any time could use a leg..talked to surgeon today he said it often seems to get worse just before improving...hmm...did suggest stretching arm and putting hand up behind neck to stretch vein...The same position as radiotherapy required...who knows ...physio if it doesn't improve. ..something to make up for all those missing hospital appointment s next year...

ade how are you doing?
Fairy472

Hello all
Last chemo tmrw , started on the steroids today 2 x 4 tablets so have been running around like a mad woman! Finishing Xmas shopping and stocking up the cupboards for my week of SE's
I just want to get it over and done with . Dreading the cold cap as my hairs thin now and I can feel the pain/cold so much more
Good luck sorbet my chemo twin we are nearly there!!!!! We are all nearly there hope the girls that are done are not feeling too bad x
Bali2001

Hi Jannie
Was this a Hickman line removal ?

M x
jannie13

Lynn Ann. .so annoying waiting around for a needed appointment is bad enough thinking your onto next step and not back is awful.

update on the line. ..It took around 15 mins. j had 3 locals which were about the same as having it put in grit your teeth etc. definitely not as bad as going in but a bit painful with dome pulling but ok and not for long. glad I was awake as came back to ward has cuppa and biscuit then left. downside they didn't say was I need to go back in around 3 weeks as he left it open to drain and will need to tidy up the scar...but as everything seems to have an extra hidden hospital visit par for course. A bit tender now but not had to have painkillers and it's been around 5 hours. would be okay about doing again so hope that helps those waiting for their removal.

feel for you all with the boredom one thing working has meant j don't get and mostly sleep so I've got if easier.
Bali2001

Blimey how annoying !
LynnAnn

Thought they'd called me too early for radiotherapy appointment! Wasted trip - got to go back again on 23rd December with a view to treatment starting beginning of January, can't do it today in case my shape changes too much! Oh well at least I get to have lunch out with my lovely hubby. 🙂

Andrea - I can relate to the boredom. Too tired to Motivate myself most of the time but fed up with not doing much.

Hope you are all doing well
Lx
Bali2001

Hi all

Been reading posts but my life is so boring not got much to contribute! I have basically just been sitting here holding my breath till Thursday as everyone is so worried I will get infection and my last chemo will be stopped . Funnily when I was on FEC my temp was up and down All the time , on tax it's been constant !,vampires tomorrow so hopefully all okay. I will be so glad when this is over 😟 I am boring myself now it's been going on so long ......

Sorry you are feeling so crap ade 😞 it makes it so much harder to deal with.

Bevster hope you radiotherapy all went okay ❤️👍
Jannie let me know re line....... I am hoping they have booked me in to get mine taken out 3 weeks post last chemo (hospital policy) so it's done for xmas. Bit scared tbh!
Good luck for tomorrow sorbet....... Can't believe we are now all talking about our last rounds 👍😄

Well best get back to doing rubbish jobs to fill the day! Hugs to all xx❤️
And40

Morning everyone.

LynnAnn - your planning appointment is early isn't it.  But good that you are moving forward.  Let us know what happens.

Jannie - yes, I'd like to know about the Hickman line.  I hope it is ok.

Sorbet - have a lovely pub lunch.  Good luck for tomorrow.

Getting really bored now but no energy to do much.  I'm hoping to try a little walk later.  The boredom is driving me mad.  I just can't wait for this to be over.

Lots of hugs to everyone today.

Take care

Andrea xx

LynnAnn

Hi ladies on this lovely sunny morning

Sorbet - Enjoy your pub lunch. thanks for enquiring re radiotherapy. It's my planning appointment today which is earlier than I thought. ONC had said treatment wouldn't start until one month after last T which would make it 4th Jan. I'm hoping that is still the case as I would like to go and spend a few days with mum between Xmas and New Year - haven't been able to visit her much at all since diagnosis.

Bevster - hope your radiotherapy has gone well.

Jannie - good luck with having Hickman out, I'm sure you will feel so much better once it is. Chocolate party - yummy!

GeeG - hope cold improves and temperature behaves itself.

Good luck to everybody else with SEs and treatments : must go - hubby champing at the bit to take me to hospital for tattoos!

Lx

jannie13

Hi. ..The chocolate party was good an evening of normal and wine..on fec I went right off sweet even wheatabix was sweet but it's back now...Red wine always ok too...and ice cream.
I went to training tonight which was another step to normal as most didn't know I could just be me even the wig was ok.

off to get hickman out in morning so will let you now Andrea. ..can't be worse than the freaky feel of it going in I hope.

great result on the cake sale Bevster...great friends.

everyone getting through another step towards the end...starting to think of the other things now like lymph oedema. .saw something on preventative exercise but haven't had any information. ..just don't get hurt if you do treat the wound so my next research topic.
hoping sleep is on everyone's agenda jannie x
sorbet

Hi everyone assuming my trip to vampires ok and blood good as not heard so guessing all on for Wed last round. Still have cold but hoping tail end.

Gee J Hope yours better and all ok for Thur , its hard wondering and waiting. Look after yourself in meantime and don't over do it. Big hugs.

Bevster that's fab re coffee am! Do hope your Radio went ok today, let us know how you got on.

Mel good for you re Bryan Adams sounds fun! Hope you can rest this week. What's the progress with your building work?

Lynn Ann is it 2moro you have radio? sorry if muddled wrote it down  but now not sure, anyhow if so hope it goes ok if not sorry and do let me know how you are doing.

Andrea hope the tiredness eases soon and you start to pick up , something to look forward to.

Ade hope you are feeling bit better, thinking of you.

Hope chocolate party good Jannie, sadly can't enjoy it at mo tastes horrid along with alcahol sadly hoping by xmas taste for both back.!

Do hope those of you not heard from in while are ok Bali, Eileen, AliJay, Nicki, Fairy and Kate.

Planning to take OH out for b.day lunch at pub in his lunch break 2moro as his b.day on Thur and know I won't be up to much then and is daughter's school concert thur pm so he'll be there then, really hoping I can go but based on last rounds unsure,trying to think possitive though.

Anyhow need an early pm lots of love to everyone.

Sorbet

geeG

Well done indeed Bevster! Hope the radiotherapy goes ok - keep us posted - I shall be going there in March of next year.

Aw Ade… so hope you are feeling very much better by now…

Sorbet - I hope you are over your cold by now - I had a sore throat end of last week and now am sneezing and full of the cold too … temp staying within limits (so far) - just hope this won't stop chemo on Thursday…

Hoping our neutrophils are building themselves up steadily - and with hugs to Everyone … x x x
June_BCC

Hi Bevster

That's great news about the fundraising from your team. 

From all at BCC a big thank you to all involved.

Take care

June, moderator

Bevster

Thanks Andrea & Mel - will let you know how I get on.

Melb- so glad you threw caution to the wind....Bryan Adams is well worth it! I've seen him live a few times & he just rocks out!! Good on ya!! I'm sure he's forgiven you for your little power nap mid set ...lol 😉 

RE FUNDRAISING......

Ladies - just had an update on monies raised from my team's cake sale.....A fantastic £80 !!!! 👍👍👍 The monies will be donated to this Breast Cancer Care charity on my behalf 😀 💗

My heartfelt thanks go out to all the bakers for their contributions & the hungry folk at my workplace!!! 😘😘😘😘 xxx

💕 B xx

Mel66

Morning ladies

Hope you're feeling better Ade.... like Bev said... lesser of the two evils.... FEC is pretty horrible even without the steroids to keep the sickness at bay. Fortunately for me we've managed to get the heartburn under control and it's not too bad. It did seem a lot worse with the FEC than it is with the tax so prob as well you're toughing it out.

Hope radiotherapy goes well today Bev.

How was your chocolate party jannie? I've gone right off chocolate since the start of chemo. Milk just tastes of gloopy, sickly sweet nothingness and dark tastes bitter and horrible. Red wine still tastes good though... have I mentioned that before? 😄

Threw caution to the wind last night. We realised yesterday morning that Bryan Adams was playing in Manchester last night. Phoned the venue and there were tickets still available... so we went! Spent half the night sweating buckets and not knowing if I was going to throw up or pass out but it was worth it! For the first time, I pulled my hat off in public and went commando. Had to have a little 10 minute 'Nanna nap' mid set... but I don't think Bryan noticed! 😄

Off now to phone the benefits office and get the ball rolling with ESA... if it's anything like the usual government offices it'll be a good job I haven't got hair to pull out. Looking forward to an hour on hold listening to some vapid piped music followed by negotiating my way through a thousand hoops and questions. Here goes... xx
And40

Ade - so sorry to hear that.  You've been hit so hard by this.  I hope you can manage to get some goodness into you and continue to feel better.  Keep strong.

Sorbet, Fairy, Bali - I think you've all got your last one this week, haven't you?  That's great news.

Bevster - good luck today with the radiotherapy, let us know what happens.

The tiredness has overtaken me again and my mouth feels rotten but I'm feeling positive knowing that once I start to recover this time, I don't have to have it again.  It really is an uplifting feeling.  I can't wait to be released from this chemo prison.

On Thursday, I see both the chemo oncologist and the radiotherapy oncologist.  I want to see about getting this Hickman line out.  I feel I want it out as soon as possible but also want to make sure my bloods are at a reasonable level before I do.  I think it would be really painful if anyone tried to take any blood from my arm still.

Take care everyone and hope SE's are good to you this week.

Lots of love Andrea xx

Bevster

Morning luvlies 😘 

Ade - sorry to hear you've been so poorly having not taken the steroids due to their SE's. Crumbs....not sure what the lesser of 2 evils is for you hunnie. Hope you're feeling a bit better today. Sending hugz 😘

Hope everyone else is ticking along OK & managed a nice weekend.

To all with visits to the vampires &/or cocktail bar this week I send good luck & best wishes.

Today sees the start of my radiotherapy so will keep you posted as to how that progresses.

Love & hugz to all 💕 B xx

sorbet

Hi Ade so sorry re throwing up do hope you continue to feel a bit better and can begin to eat and regain some strength, it's horrid! Sorry that steroid pain even worse. Hope your results to tests come back ok. Lots of love and take care.

Hi Jannie sorry re delay to appointment, how frustrating for you. Hope chocolate party was fun and glad you can enjoy it. Looking forward to it tasting less like poison when this over! Take care.

Bevster, hope concert with kids went well , sounds so sweet !

Hi everyone else hope ok and having a better weekend and not too many SE. I braved wet weather to have walk with kids as needed to let off steam. Managed friends 40th last night(first time managed pm out) glad went though tired but glad cold throat thing seems to be coming to end and only 2 more days antibiotics. Off to vampires tomorrow and nurse, really hoping blood ok  as couldnt face delay to last chemo on Wed. Have lots of questions for nurse re PICC coming out and horrid sickness and tingling numbness this round.

Anyhow Fairy hope you all set for Wed, and Bali is it Thur? seem to remember you were day after last time?

Hope you ok Eileen, Andrea, Alijay, GeeJ, Kate, Nicki and anyone else I've forgotton please forgive me. Lots of love

Sorbet

ladygrey

Steroids were causing so much pain and have done damage so Onc said I could go without.  Feeling a bit better this afternoon although no energy at all.  Would rather have 2 days being sick than the pain from the steroids.

Had a blood test to rule out Hellicobacter.  Get results tomorrow.  This chemo just keep giving and giving!!!

Ade xxx

And40

Ade - sorry to hear you are so unwell and throwing up.  Why no steriods?  I thought it seemed to be a standard thing.  Have you called the hospital?  

Take carexx

ladygrey

Checking in from the 'Olympic gold medal throwing up step'

No steroids at all this FEC and as you know they are what makes you tolerate chemo.  

Just managed to get out of bed this morning but weak as dishwater.

Ade xx

Bevster

Morning all 😘 

Wishing everyone well with manageable SE's. Hope you can all enjoy a good Saturday luvlies.

I'm looking forward to this evening.....my bezzie's 2 little girls are in their dancing show at our local theatre tonight 💗 They have worked so hard learning their routines & rehearsing every day for weeks....I can't wait to watch the show. I just know I'm going to be bursting with pride!! 👍 😉

Take it easy ladies. 

Much love 💕 B xx

jannie13

Want to throw my toys please...
planning appointment today...given appointment sheet last one Dec 31 ..mental yippee. ..can I have that sheet back for a sec...pooh it's Jan 6th...go in for scan...oh your a bit bigger than we would like need to cast you for a breast cup...
now don't finish until around the 16th...I've spent 6 weeks waiting around surely a simple what's your cup size along with age would give an indication of needing the cast ...jumping up and down would be pulling my hair out..
hope everyone else is okay...I've off to a chocolate party and it's all mine..xxx
And40

Hi everyone.

Yes, it is quiet on here today.  Hopefully that is a sign you are all well and getting ready for a nice weekend.

I'm feeling generally ok so far, just being careful not to overdo it. Hope I've not spoken too soon!!

I've only been able to face pasta so far but going to have a chicken, ham and leek pie tonight.  Drinking cranberry juice for the vitamin C.  I'm going to send husband out for eggs this weekend.  Lots of scrambled eggs and protein to get those neuts up (hopefully).  I've googled, but the only real advice seems to be to follow the 'clean' diet recommended by the chemo units and wash your hands alot.

Mel - I still can't face alcohol.  I do hope my taste for it comes back!

I had a look and it seems Kate stopped posting at the end of October.  I hope she is ok.

Hope you are all well and the SE's not too bad.

Take care 

Andreaxx

Bevster

Hi luvlies 😘 

Mel - glad to read you're doing OK hunnie. Fingers crossed SE's remain minimal 👍 

It's quiet on here ladies - hope that means everyone is OK & resting up ready for some quality time with loved one's this weekend.

Sending love & huge hugz. Stay strong luvlies 💕 B xx

Bevster

Thanks for popping into our thread Yankee. Your kind words & support are comforting. It's reassuring to know that you 2013 Valentines experienced the same rollercoaster but conquered in the end. Positive vibes are just what we need...thankyou 💕

Glad to hear your knee replacement is proving beneficial now albeit after quite some time. Onwards n upwards now...good for you. Pity the shingles are pestering you....hope you improve soon.

Lotsa love 💕 B xx

Mel66

Morning ladies

Very pleased to report that so far SEs much better than last time. Feel like my body's made of lead and a few aches and pains but nowhere near the car crash of last time. I read somewhere that Loratadine (antihistamine) can help so have been taking that from day one... don't know if that's what's helped or the lower dose of tax (150mg instead of 180mg this time) but it's certainly a hell of a lot more manageable this time. Just hope I'm not speaking too soon!

Just bought tickets to see Foo Fighters in May in Manchester... might even have a covering of hair by then. 😄

Thanks for dropping by Yankee... it's good to know that what we're going through is perfectly normal and there's light at the end of the tunnel. Shingles in the mouth sounds horrid! I got it in my hip and across my back after my first FEC... painful!

Hope you're doing ok today Nicki. Sending you big hugs.

Andrea... haven't got a clue about those neuts.... reckon you just need to eat as healthily as you can and hope for the best. Hope you're doing ok today? I'm still drinking a glass of red every day... after all, my reiki lady told me it was 'healing' and who am I to argue? 😄

Hope your cold is getting better sorbet... sounds like you had a full on day yesterday!

Hot flushes playing havoc with my sleep pattern too... and when chemo ends and tamoxifen begins, I can't see that changing much for the next 10 years! What a delight to look forward to... better just get used to it I guess! My OH said it's like sleeping next to a nuclear power station and keeps tucking the duvet down between us to insulate himself from the heat!

Ade... you've gone very quiet... hope you're ok? Missing your arse kicking posts!

Hope everyone else is doing well. xxx
Yankee

Hello August ladies -- I haven't posted anything recently on your thread,   after poking in during the early days, but I just wanted to offer you all love and support at the moment, when so many of you seem to be having a hard time. I, and nearly all of the 2013 Valentines, went through just what you are going through now; but we are out the other side at last..  It does end.  If any of you should want to talk, do feel free to private message me.  With very much love to every one of you, Yankee (Louise)

ps -- after quite a bit of trouble with my knee replacement, I seem to be doing pretty well now -- three months after the fact -- only trouble is I have just gotten shingles (in the mouth) for the second time this year.  Apparently not uncommon after chemo!

Nicki01

Hi luvlies,

Just had a lovely visit from my Dad, just dont want to be on my own at the minute.  Felt wobbly this morning, but feeling ok now.

Like my son said, worrying about things and not having the energy to keep busy to take your mind off things, is not a good combination. Such a wise head on 17 year old shoulders

I really am hoping once i get the weekend of side effects over and done with, i will feel better emotionally. 

I have a friend coming over tomorrow, so more company, which is great and then the weekend, someone will be around. 

Bev, i feel cold during the day too, but am constantly thowing the duvet off at night to cool down.

Hope everyone has a good evening, and the side effects are minimal. 

lots of love xxx

sorbet

Hi everyone although cold streeming feeling lots better today hoping antibiotics doing trick, mad day son's music concert at school 9.30 then councilling at hospital 11.30 then cousin came for lunch at 1 before son's rugby match at 2.15 just sorted kids tea and about to collect and I feel ok thankfully.

Andrea and Ade and Mel how are you both doing after visits to cocktail bar hope SE not too bad, thinking of you.

Andrea about Protein and bloods I wish I knew, I eat lots of protein when can eat, chicken is one thing I can eat even when dont want anytihng else, sadly my white count seems always low even with 7days of GCIF jabs, last time highest at 1.6 , if you discover anything that helps do let me know. Glad you had last one, agree must feel strange hope you don't suffer too much.

Nicki so sorry about your meltdown , but important to let out , I have always tended to bottle up too, you are so sensible to try councelling and so pleased your family can support you. Lots of love and do hope you are ok and not too many SE.Take care

How are you Bali hope resting or managing to have some good days.

LynnAnn glad you better in mind at mo I agree feel more positive today it's ups and downs. Take care

Love to everyone Eileen, Jannie, GeeJ, Bevster, AliJay , Fairy and Kate, Thinking of you all.

Love Sorbet

And40

Hi everyone!

Well that's the last one done.  Strange feeling!  At least the anti-nausea drugs are doing their work.  Just feel a little delicate this morning.  I'm expecting my energy to start to dip.  My neuts were faily low this time at 1.47 and the nurse said to be careful.  I hope I can build this up.  Are proteins the answer?  I've been trying to eat plenty of chicken, nuts lentils etc.  But this becomes more difficult over the next week as my general desire for food plummets.  I'm also struggling to drink water to flush the chemo through - it's just quite hard to do.  (I never used to have a problem).

Ade, Nicki - hope you too are feeling ok today after yesterday.

Bev - sorry to hear about the hot flushes during the night.  I hope these ease over time.

Nicki - so sorry to hear about your day on Tuesday.  I know what you mean about bottling it up for the sake of your family.  It has normally been my mechanism for dealing with stress.  We're now in a different world emotionally and have to learn to deal with it differently. As Eileen says take all the help you can get.  Glad you have been offered counselling.

We can get through this.  We've already come so far.  

Take care everyone.

Love and hugs Andrea. xx

Bevster

Morning gorgeous girlies 😘 

Ade, Nicki, Andrea - Hope you managed a good sleep following your 'cocktails' & hope your SE's are manageable this time around. Another session boxed off luvlies....well done!! 👍 

Nicki - Sorry to read about your meltdown chick. Hope you are feeling a bit better now. You have the fantastic support of your family & we're all here for one another too. Keep focused & we August Angels will soon be 'putting on the Ritz' !!! 😀 💋 ( Now that tune's gonna be today's earworm!!) 

LynnAnn - Sorry I missed you off my post yesterday hunnie. Hope you're doing ok. 

Pl!easingly not much to report my end. Am just counting down to the start of radiotherapy. The tamoxifen tablets &/or herceptin are giving me hot flushes during the night so my sleep is restless but can't complain. Maybe it's just my age!!!???? 😝 

Hope everyone has a decent day & can sit comfortably on the 'we're a good way up the staircase' step. 

Stay strong ladies.

Love n hugz to every single one of you 💕 B xx

geeG

Huge Hugs to Everyone … never too many! Loadsaluv (and hugs!) x x x
EileenB

Hi Nicki

Well done on getting your second Tax out of the way - you're so near to finishing chemo now. So sorry to hear what happened yesterday, you must have been so frightened and anxious. Do take whatever help/counselling is offered - this is such a difficult time and something that none of us anticipated. Sending you a massive hug and lots of love , Eileen xxx 💕💕💕
ladygrey

Just home and will post more later.

ESA - you'll get the basic amount plus the Support Element bring the total to about £102 per week..  You are automatically put into the support group whilst undergoing chemo.  If you need any help please PM me.

Ade x

jannie13

I wish there was a hug button...really big hug to all you tough ladies were all allowed a blub but to get back up and do it again is true strength.
chemo survivors are the strongest. The ends in sight xxx
Nicki01

Hi luvlies

Just got back from tax number 2. all went well, have come back with industrial strength codeine, hopefuly to keep the aches and pains more in check this time.

Had a serious meltdown this week, first time since diagnosis six months ago!!  I keep being told this is all normal.  Hoping i was just nervous about today.  The anxiety has been building for a week, and ended up with my daughter ringing 999 yesterday morning as i was having a major panic attack.  The paramedics arrived within minutes and they were brilliant, as was my daughter, son and husband, who came back from work to look after me,  like you said Andi, the emotional side is so hard. 

I was not able to eat, and have lost 8lbs since my last tax, they had to check to make sure i could still have the dosage made up for me, thank goodness it was within tolerance, and i did not have to come back!

Well done to all at the chemo bar this week, lets hope the SE's are kind to us. 

My breast care nurse has been fab as have the GP and macmillan, there is certainly loads of help out there if you need it.  Think i was trying to cope to not worry my family, but that just made things worse.

Really hoping it was a temporary blip and normal service can be resumed.  They are referring me for counselling, which i am more than open to, i have tried to bury things in the past and not wanted to open that can of worms, but think now may be a good time. 

Much love to you all, everyone is doing so well, we are nearly there  xxx

And40

Thanks everyone.

Yesterday when I went for bloods I ended up having to wait for 2 hours before they saw me!  At least I got to see the nurse who has done my chemo the most.  She's got the day off today, so it was good that I at least got to thank her for being so nice with me.  She gave me a big bear hug too which was lovely.  I think it's amazing how they make the atmosphere so cheerful in a place where everyone is being poisoned!

I'm going to take some nice M&S biscuits in with me.

Just cleaned the bathroom and going to do the kitchen now.  Manic clean round before we go.

Hope all SE's are ok today.

Take care xx

LynnAnn

Thank you to those of you who wished me well for my 2nd Tax - you may recall I was very close to giving up during the first one :(. Anyway now day 7 of the 2nd - not necessarily worse or better, just different but I'm in a better frame of mind to cope with it. So much of this process is in the head isn't it.

I too have my radiotherapy planning appointment next Tuesday. Good to be thinking of the next step. But that also means closer to going back to work - not sure I'm up to that yet.

Good to hear some positive posts on here - we have come a long way. 🙂 Came across a couple if Internet stories of "celebs" who gave up on chemo and went down the "alternative" route. Hayley Mills was one of them. Glad we have given ourself every chance but now beginning to think of what I can personally do to increase chances, diet etc.

Stay strong ladies. Nearly there!
Lx