1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Treatment starting August 2014

EileenB

Re: Treatment starting August 2014

Alijay, just wondering how you are, we've not heard from you for a while so if you're reading this, let us know how things are going. Still no word from Kate or Ade. Hope you're all ok xx 💕💜
EileenB

Hi Nicki

I found it was the travelling that made me tired with radiotherapy and having to go out every day, something I hadn't done for months. Having said that, now it's finished I am still feeling tired and often fall asleep whilst watching TV early evening. I think its all catching up with me, the chemo, the radiotherapy, having to go out every day, and I've been starting to panic about secondary breast cancer these past few weeks which has been keeping me awake at night. I suppose this is normal but it's scary. My sore skin is also disturbing my sleep as every time I turn over in bed I can feel the skin stretching and cracking. As for my hair, I've got full coverage but it's only a couple of millimetres long, feels a bit like the hair of an 'Action Man' doll (if anyone can remember that!) and is looking decidedly quite grey!!! If yours is fluffy it sounds longer than mine, so that's promising. My hair never grew very fast, even with a short hairstyle I could go around 9 weeks between haircuts. I had really fine hair so I'm willing it to grow back really thick and curly, even if it's only temporary (as my onc says it usually goes back to normal after 18 months)! As for the grey, I'm not too bothered, I just want it to grow back ASAP as I'm sick of wearing a wig.

Goodnight all, sleep well. Love Eileen xxx 💕💕
sorbet

Hi Everyone great to hear so many of you are trying all these exercise classes, I have never liked classes as prefer to walk but may be tempted. I have to say having tried to walk lots in last week/s it has helped how I feel and although have had achey legs at times I am building up more muscle which had disappeared in chemo. I just wish I could improve mental skills I am so forgetful still and brain doesn't function as well as I would like it !

Glad hair starting to grow Nicki hope continues quickly.

Jannie hope last radio ok, glad eyelashes so good.

Eileen sorry your skin been so sore, hope it improves . Glad eyelashes growing well. Oh how lovely red wine tastes good now, gives me hope the taste may come back soon for me!

Bevster do let us know how evening primrose oil goes and if worth trying to help night flushes. Hope all classes going well.

Mel glad you managing work and rest too, sounds like a good balance.

Charity glad radio doing ok and you past half way mark now.

Thinking of all of you other ladies Fairy, Bali, Kate, Ade, LynnAnn, Andrea and hope all feeling lots better and enjoying selves.

Take care

Lots of Love Sorbet

Nicki01

Hi Eileen,

Good to hear from you, did you get any tiredness with the rads?

How is the hair growth on your head going, i am definitely fluffy, that has appeared this week, willing it to grow?

lots of love all

Nicki xxx

EileenB

Hi Bev

I've been feeling like starting some exercise again myself and think I'll give Zumba a go too. What are you doing at the gym?

Love Eileen 💜
EileenB

Forgot to mention that I noticed eyelash growth 2 days ago - they are about 1.5 mm long, both upper and lower lids. Obviously a long way to go yet but I'm really pleased.
EileenB

Evening ladies

Just checking in and hope you're all feeling well. On Monday it will be 3 weeks since my last radiotherapy session. My skin has is suffering (the SE are supposed to peak after 2 weeks so I'm assuming it won't get any worse) - it is hot and a deep red like nasty sunburn. Parts of it are crusty and brown so I'm applying E45 several times a day to keep it from cracking any more. Wearing a bra is really irritating as it rubs against the skin. Anyway, all in all it's not too bad. Managed to remember to take my Letrozole every morning since I started on Monday, and the calcium/vitamin D twice a day. I'm sure it will soon become second nature but for now I'm leaving the tablets where I can't fail to see them.

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend and to those still having radiotherapy, good luck, it will soon be finished. Lots of love Eileen xx 💜💕

PS. Pleased to say that red wine, post chemo, is once again tasting SO good 🍷🍷
jannie13

Hi all...hope everyone is doing ok. I have one more rad to go...a sore boob but definitely preferable to chemo. ..strangely eyelashes seem better than before and feet have never been so soft.
Nice to think were all getting to the end...x
Bevster

Hi luvlies 😘 

Good to see we're still touching base on here. Mel, you're right.....hope it's a positive sign that we are all starting to feel a bit more normal again hence why it's quieter on here. 

Hot flushes continue at night for me but today I've taken my first oil of evening primrose capsule.....it's supposed to help with hot sweats apparently so I'll see how it goes & will keep you posted.

Asci said, I've joined our local gym & have been twice now & have booked on a couple of zumba classes next week too!! Feel better for making a start at least 👍 😇 

Hope everyone is feeling OK & can enjoy a nice weekend. 

Sending love n hugz to each & every one of you  💕 B xx

Mel66

Morning ladies
I've been working part time from home this week and then popping into work at close of day to cash up, do banking, chat to manager and staff and start getting a handle back on things. It feels great to be having some semblance of normality again. Talk is now about the business and how to move it forward instead of cancer and how I'm feeling.

Night times are still rubbish.. constantly awake with hot flushes and it will be some time before I'm feeling fit again... for now I just keep taking rests during the day and just doing as much as I feel able.

It's gone very quiet on here now... I guess that is a good sign and that everyone is getting on with their lives again and moving forward.

Not long left now for you radiotherapy girls. Hope it's going ok for you. xxx
Charity11

Morning all. I am halfway through my radiotherapy and doing OK. Am also planning my return to work but have lots of leave to use before a phased return. May well be back early March. It will be hard as been off since 1st July when I had my surgery but have beaten it!!

Best wishes and happy New year to all you lovely ladies.

Charity11

Nicki01

Well done Bev on your return to work, getting back into normality has to be a good thing.

I have been working mornings this week, coming home and then having to do a two hour round trip for 10 minutes of radiotherapy!

Session 3 completed today, only 17 more to go, so far so good.

Sleep is still very broken, either waking for a hot flush or a panic about the future, hopefully both will subside with time.

Be good to hear how everyone is doing

lots of love

Nicki xxx

Bevster

Hi luvlies 😘 

How is everyone? 

Seems the new year is already well underway & I am in get fit mode 😜 Have joined a new gym today & going for my induction on Friday...... Watch this space!!  

Am also now planning my return to work by the end of this month. It seems quite daunting after 7 months off but I feel I am ready to get back into the swing of normality. Am just going to put a phased return plan together in readiness for a meeting with my line manager & will see if HR will accept it. I should be entitled to 7 weeks phased return plus have holidays to take so I don't envisage that I'll be full time until possibly April which will be a nice steady ease back in!

I truly hope all you luvlies are doing well. It seems that we have dwindled in postings however still nice to be supportive of one another. Keep posting ladies..... Sending lots of love & hugz 💕 B xx

bettypoppit

Thank you so much Sorbet for you reassurance that with time I will get out and about once again. My mind isn't very willing at the moment, let alone the body so one day at a time it is :). I'm hoping that with the experience gained from last cycle I am better prepared and will be taking painkillers as soon as any bone pain starts and not leaving it 24 hrs in the hope that it will go as I did last time. Just get to the point where I'm sick and tired of taking pills!!!!! I know the jabs are a crucial part of the recovery care plan, so I just need to 'suck it up' ;). Thanks again for your response, very much appreciated and good luck to you with your recovery. Xxx

sorbet

Hi Bettypoppit sorry you've been having such a rotten time with SE hope today's T not as bad for you. I only had 6 FEC not T so not same but do relate to tiredness and went through long time not able to walk except to car (and usually love walking) .However despite tiredness I am so much better now having had last FEC 26th Nov and recently walking lots again , hope this gives some encouragment for future and yet do take one day at a time (always my motto) and be kind to yourself as it is a massive rollercoaster and so hard. Take care, you can do it. I suffered with horrid jabs aswell-ask for anything that helps like Jannie suggested.

Lots of love Sorbet

bettypoppit

Oh thanks for that info Jannie13, I'll check that out xx

jannie13

Bettypoppet. ..you can ask for nerve blocking painkiller if you cant cope on what you have. The injections can be hell but the right painkiller helps. Good luck for tomorrow.
bettypoppit

Hi Jannie13 and thank you for your input. I did had excruciating pelvis shooting pain and aches, on day 6 - the last day of the bone marrow stimulating jabs (sorry not good with the names of all these drugs! lol). My full list of se's have abated but my energy and stamina have not bounced back, which is tough. However, day1 today of 4 x steroids ready for Docetaxel tomorrow has really given me a boost today and have managed a bit of cleaning, cooking and walking my lurcher girl 🙂 thank you so much for responding and good luck to you. Xx

bettypoppit

Hi Mel66 and thank you for your reply and I really appreciate that you have told it as it was for you. I know we are all different and react differently, but I have a suspicion that I will be walking the same road as you 😞 going upstairs is a very slow affair too and a real effort and walking my dog is slow and that's when I have enough energy to actually get out with her (thankfully my OH enjoys taking her out so she gets one good walk and game of ball every day).  Didn't manage to get moving and out with her for the first two weeks and still very much a struggle :(. Will just have to get on with it best I can. I hope you steadily improve as the weeks go by and it doesn't take as long as your onc has said. Look after yourself as you go on. Thank you so much for responding. Xx

jannie13

I've rejoined slimming world going well with loads to eat including roast potatoes and chips that even hubby can cook. The rads clinic did ask if I wanted a dietician referral.....has anybody heard of strength in style at the toni and guy shops?

Tomorrow will be a wigless challenge...I have been confident walking around in shops etc and nobody takes any notice and family have been great tomorrow is the first outing to toddler group I run so will farfetched who know but haven't seen me without the wig and the ones who only know me with the wig so await the comments..nerve racking but once done will be easier.

My second aromatherapy massage too.

Mel66

Hi bettypoppit
I had horrendous SEs with my first docetaxil and had my dose reduced too. The pain was much more manageable after that. As for the stiffness, aching and weariness... I'm afraid that got worse with each dose. I'm 4 weeks after finishing my last round and I can't say it's getting any better yet. Stairs are a nightmare and I can't walk more than a couple of hundred yards without being exhausted. Soles of the feet still very sore and I'm still constantly very weary. My Onc told me it could be up to 6 months before I felt somewhere near normal and a year or two to be fully fit again. I'm just doing as much as I can then resting. If I push myself too hard the muscle aches are horrible by evening and I have to resort to the painkillers again. The main thing is that we've thrown everything in the NHS's arsenal at the cancer and given ourselves the best chance possible. The rest of it is just recuperation and recovery.

PaulS... good to hear you're doing well. You are amazing to have not only kept the weight off during it all, but to have actually lost some too! I haven't weighed myself yet... too scared to.... but I know I've piled it on. I'm trying to eat less at the moment and I do seem to have shrunk a bit. Will have to brave the scales soon and get a real handle in it. Thinking about doing the 5/2 diet. Think the treadmill or anything even resembling a fitness regime will be some time yet though... the docetaxil really did take it out of me!

Sodastream... Thanks for the heads up on the hair colour. I've googled it and they even claim it can be used during chemo. I'll be slapping some of that on as soon as I get enough of a covering!

So far, so good with the tamoxifen. I've not had any additional SEs so far and the hot flushes are just the same as they were due to the chemo. Fingers crossed it stays that way. 🙂 X
Nicki01

Hi Jannie, well done you too for ditching the wig, i am so tempted, but i hate the thought of everyone looking at me.  My daughter says i care too much what people think, she is probably right.

Going out for a long walk this morning, need to start getting my fitness levels up

have a good day everyone

lots of love

xxx

jannie13

Bettypoppet..I had nasty ses to taxotare too. Lost feeling and eyesight went blurred. They delayed 4 for a week and it was decided recovery had not been sufficient to continue. Its tough for most I would listen to your body rest as you need take painkiller...ask for stronger if needed..the white cell injections could be to blame too.
talk to your onc telling them every side effect and be guided by them and your instinct. For me the benefit of tax was only up to 1% so the onc said risk of permanent damage outweighed benefits. Good luck. X
jannie13

Hi all glad its going well....I ditched my wig too...agree feels so much better. Was in a pub xmas eve and got so hot imagined the reactions if I just took it off. Very tempting with these flushes so made the decision not to let the wig ruin christmas. Now its just normal...a number 1 in grey feel like getting dms and braces...doesnt quiet go with a dress.
rads are going ok.

paul great weight loss well done.
PaulS

Sodastream - you look great! P xx
bettypoppit

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind my popping in from October thread but I was hoping you might be able to help me. I have had FEC x3 and Docetaxil x 1 and suffered with a huge list of se's. My onc has delayed my 2nd D for a week and reduced dose. This is week 4 and next dose due #5 Monday. However, although the se's are now mostly gone, I'm still struggling with a lack of energy and I'm stiff and feel weary.  Has anyone else had this? Is it common/to be expected? I'm not a super fit person, but active with regular walking so this is really getting me down.

If anyone can shed any light on this for me, I'd be very grateful. Thanks. 

sorbet

Hi PaulS So glad you have had your last chemo and hope SE not too bad . Thanks for all your hair dying advice good to know. It certainly sounds like you've been amazing to loose so much weight and keep up with lots excercise during chemo , well done you! I hope you find tamoxifen ok and it doesn't cause you any unwanted weight gain, your positive nature will help I am sure and good advice re excercise, I am so pleased to be up to going for walks again (my main form of excercise, though hope to find other forms too soon).

Take care and let us know your progress.

Love Sorbet

HI Everyone hope you lovely ladies OK thinking of you all and how lucky I am to have had all your support.

Thanks Bevster for letting me know brands of Tamoxifen will see how get on with this, still a bit achey on legs and hips but so minor really compared to rest of treatment. Hope you ok.

Lots of Love Sorbet

sorbet

Hi Sodastream thank you so much for your advice and help re hair colouring, really useful I have written it all down so can look for when more hair! Great to look at photos you look great. Thanks also for comments on Tamoxifen , do hope your mission to feel fit a sucess and hip pain improves. Hope you've had good support from everyone, I have been so lucky as amazing support from all the lovely ladies in August thread. Take care and thanks again, any advice and comments always welcome.

Love Sorbet

Nicki01

Mel, i wish i had your confidence, but i still feel uncomfortable looking in the mirror at my head, let alone going out like it, well done you xxx

I did not totally lose my hair, all the way through, but it is very thin and patchy.  I had my last chemo the day after you Mel, so hopefully it should start growing very soon, cannot wait.

lots of love to you all

Nicki xxx

Bevster

Hi Sorbet

In response to the tamoxifen brands, I first had Wockhardt & my second prescription came as Relonchem. Have to say there doesn't seem to be any difference.

Hope this helps hunnie.

Will catch up properly later. Love & hugz to you all luvlies 💕  B xx

Sodastream

Hi Sorbet, jumping in from the May thread but have followed this thread all the way through treatment as its been so amusing at times and you have a great support network between you all. I did the cold cap but did end up with straggly hair so had it cut short. I couldn't stand the grey hair so 7 weeks post my last chemo I dyed it using Daniel Field hair dye. You can only get it online and it is totally natural with no peroxide, ammonia or parabens and you mix a small vial of powder with water. Had to leave it on for 1 hour to cover the grey but have been delighted with it and have dyed it again since. As it is natural it hasn't damaged my hair and in fact is shinier than ever although the chemo curl is starting to win over the straight hair. If you click on my profile picture I've put some photos of my hair journey.
I too was dreading taking the tamoxifen but have been on it for 2 weeks now. I get a few hot flushes but nothing too unbearable. My worst side effect is the ache in my hips however I did have a problem with arthritis before and this has just aggravated it which is annoying as I'm now on a mission to get fit.
Good luck to all of you lovely ladies on here with the rest of your treatment. X
PaulS

Hope you don't mind me jumping in from September thread but I have read yours throughout my treatment and found it incredibly useful - and very funny and informative. I had my last chemo yesterday - 3 FEC then 3 Docetaxil - and used the cold cap so still have hair though much thinner and some little bald patches which I camoflage with hair fibres. I asked yesterday about when I could colour my hair as there is some growth but it is grey and was told that it would be fragile for six months so to wait until June and continue to treat it as carefully as I have been doing during chemo. So, baby shampoo, wash much less often, pat dry, minimal hair drying and only on lowest heat and no curling or straightening. When able to colour use only natural colour products and absolutely no bleach at all.
I have been incredibly lucky with SEs throughout - lots of minor ones and one hospital stay with an infection, but no sickness and only minor nausea. I asked about SEs of the drugs and was told that it was like chemo. Many women have very few SEs and cope just fine, and that there are different drugs they can try to help minimise SEs. Apparently they begin with generic cheaper drugs to see how well we cope then move through more expensive ones, just like the anti-sickness drug Emend which is not automatically prescribed. But, I have been fine on the standard ones so plan to assume I'll be fine on the hormone drugs. If not I'll ask for another brand!
My greater concern is weight gain, as in January I was diagnosed as diabetic and have been on a trial to reverse it. I have lost 8st 7lbs, and my readings are normal. I was told that there is no real evidence that weight gain is inevitable, and that many women after surgery and then chemo and radiotherapy understandably become much less active, so weight piles on. As part of losing weight I learned to run on the treadmill and have kept this up throughout the past 6 months of BC treatment doing 5/6k just about every day. I am lighter than I was in June, and the onc is convinced this is one reason I have tolerated the chemo so well and minimised SEs. I looked up research papers on both exercise and SEs, reducing chances of recurrence, and coping with hormone treatment and it is compelling! The onc agrees!
Anyway, best of luck ladies! You have been such an inspiration and I have loved your humour and kindnesses to each other. Take good care and all the best for 2015. P xx
sorbet

Hi all  thanks so much for several of your comments re Tamoxifen. I just went to look at brand i have been given as hadn't been aware so many brands. Mine is Wokhardt? Anyone else have that? Only two days on it so cant tell much except still night hot flushes, legs very tired and achey today but may well be longish walk on common yest during which I felt great but possibly alot more and more pacey than done in while!So great to do though!

Anyhow Andrea hope goes ok for starting it Monday, its hard when we read all pos SE.

Eileen hope your skin begins to feel better soon, how frustrating for you not getting cream when you needed it.

Bevster great you are doing lots and having a great time, thanks for reassurance re Tamoxifen.

Mel I am so impressed at your confidence at going out without any head covering, good on you.Wish I was there as have read somewhere hair grows quicker if no covering on? Sounds true for you.

Nicki my chemo ended Nov 26th and hair is growing (hard to tell how fast as never shaved it completely so did have a very light covering in places) Hope yours grows quickly and you book Winter sun hols soon, sounds lovely!

Does anyone have advice or know how long after chemo and how long hair should be to colour it? and what is safe to use?  I know I dont have enough yet but what i do have is grey and looks awful.

Must go to bed before flushes wake me! Love to all you fab ladies.

Love Sorbet

Mel66

Nicki... I ditched the wig 10 days after my last chemo. It was our gang Xmas party at a posh hotel in the lakes. I took a wig and a scarf to choose between to go with my glamorous maxi dress then decided last minute that I was going to ditch the headgear. I was sick of the trauma of deciding what to put in my head. I was so used to seeing myself bald at home that when I put the wig on, I felt like a fraud and it didn't look like 'me' anymore. The scarves said 'chemo' anyway... So I thought "what's the point?" . I now put a wooly hat on when I go outside for warmth but take it off when I take my coat off... whether that be restaurant, pub etc. it feels liberating... I'm not pretending to be anything I'm not anymore... and as my hair grows back, that will become the new 'me' without having to go from wig to short hair. I think my whole attitude to it changed once I finished chemo. My hair is starting to grow back at a great rate of knots... quite a lot at the back, some at the sides and a thin smattering on the top. My hairline seems to have dropped about an inch on the left hand side too... bizarrely!

I've started doing some work from home and went in today for about an hour to start picking up the reins a little too. I'm going to do as much as I can from home for a while and just do about an hour a day actually in work. The manager will stay in for day to day management... and that will give me the luxury of being able to have choices in the future. I don't think I'll be fit enough for some months to go back to doing what I used to (about 10 hours/day on my feet). I may later decide to take a job outside of my business and just leave it managed. They've done a great job for the last 7 months so I have no fear about leaving it in safe hands. Not going to make any rushed decisions though.

Psychologically, I feel fine at the moment but I know that I could crash mentally in the future. I am aware that I am doing a lot of mental blocking... every time a scary or upsetting thought comes into my head, I can feel myself slamming a door on it. It does worry me that there will come a day when I have to face everything I've locked behind the door. For now, however, the Pandora's box remains firmly closed.

Hot flushes seem to kick in about 7pm and last till about 6am. Strangely, it's my head that does the most sweating. I'm beginning to worry what I'm going to look like when I do have hair as my scalp gets drenched. Going to look a pretty sight! Thermostat goes completely to pieces in bed... duvet on/duvet off all night. I decide to start taking the tamoxifen last night. Read the leaflet in the box, wished I hadn't. Potential side effects look daunting!

Really enjoying being able to get back to real life. Bumped into a couple of friends when I came out of work this afternoon and we popped to the pub for a sneaky wine. Out for a girlie evening tomorrow. No more planning around 'good weeks'. 🙂 x
Nicki01

Hi All,

Now that i have finished the chemo, i am desparate to ditch the wig.  Those of you who finished chemo a little while ago, has your hair started to grow back yet?

Want to book a winter sun holiday, but do not want to do that until i have a covering of hair.

I start radio on monday for 20 sessions, planning to go back to work as well, i have not been in for 6 weeks, as i lost the plot temporarily.

Second counselling session next week, and i have ordered a book off the internet about living life after cancer, i want to put my fears of recurrence into perspective, how is everyone else coping?

Lots of love

Nicki xxx

EileenB

Hi everyone

Hope you're all having a good start the new year and feeling well.

Andrea, I finished radiotherapy (15 sessions) on 22 December and didn't start to notice anything until after the 13th one, when my skin started to go red. It's now very itchy and quite spotty. My onc said that the redness etc usually continues for a few weeks after radiotherapy finishes as it's still doing its job (like food continuing to cook after you take it out of the microwave I suppose!). I was supposed to have been given a prescription for a steroid cream to use from day 1 but unfortunately I never got it, and it wasn't until the day of my last session that the error came to light. The onc then gave me a prescription but the hospital pharmacy was out of stock! I ended up going back to collect it in Christmas Eve so I didn't even get a chance to use it during any of my radiotherapy sessions.

I have now got my hormone tablets, Letrozole, plus calcium and vitamin D tablets (as Letrozole can cause osteoporosis, as well as high blood pressure and high cholesterol - oh joy!). My onc said I could start taking them as soon as radiotherapy finished, then he said it was probably advisable to wait until after Christmas because of the side effects (aching joints etc)! I am going to start taking them on Monday. I too have been looking at threads on the forum which say that the side effects vary from brand to brand. Not very encouraging is it? Not looking forward to taking them at all. I am still having loads of hot flushes from the chemo, day and night. Like Bev said, sometimes I am not sweating, just feeling as though my temperature is out of control, but some nights I am woken up by very hot sweats. I'm expecting the hormone tablets to make it worse. A few weeks ago I was out shopping when the sweat began to pour down my face. I left the shop, ran into M&S, grabbed something to take into the changing room then sat there without my wig on for a while until I cooled down.

We've been to the (crowded) cinema this afternoon and are getting an Indian takeaway this evenjng - haven't had a takeaway since before chemo began. It's good to be able to do such 'normal' things again, you get so used to being so obsessively careful, I'm sure it will be ages before I can relax enough to do things I used to take for granted (such as eating soft cheese or a soft boiled egg).

Have a good evening everyone. Lots of love Eileen xx 💜
And40

Happy New Year everyone!!

Good riddance to 2014 and a much better 2015 for all of us.  I hope you all had a good time.

Well I'm half way through radiotherapy now and going well so far.  My skin is holding up well, which surprises me considering how pale I am and how easily I usually burn.  It seems so quick at the hospital it almost doesn't seem to be enought treatment (I'm probably going to regret writing that).

I've been to get my prescription for Tamoxifen but I'm putting off starting it.  I did read the huge list of SE's which are really scary.  I'm going to give myself the weekend and then start on Monday (what a wimp!).

Bev - thanks for letting us know what has happened for you so far.  I'll  report in when I start.

I had read on the threads about hormone therapy that people found a difference in SE's between brands.  So when I asked the pharmacist how I go about getting the same brand each time, he said that there is no difference for a drug like Tamoxifen and they just order in what they can get hold of.  I've been given one called TEVA.  Now I'm not sure what to think.  The pharmacist isn't the one taking it and the ladies on here do have the experience.

We're going out for a meal with friends tonight which I'm really looking forward to. It should be full of laughs.

Take care everyone and here's to the start of a good year!

Love Andrea xx

Bevster

Morning luvlies 😘 

So here we are into 2015 & let's hope it's a good year for us all!!!! 💕 I've still got a couple of doos before I start the new year's weight loss campaign 😝 Am meeting my girlies for afternoon tea today & then tomorrow we're 'fuddling' at my pals from late afternoon & staying over 👍 Need to get fit starting on Monday so watch this space...... 😉 

Sorbet/Mel - I've been on Tamoxifen now since 14th November. The hot flushes are indeed a side effect & seem to be on a daily basis however usually during the night (I only have the occasional one during the day). For me it's just my body getting hotter & hotter, I don't tend to get wet through with sweating but just cannot regulate my temperature for a while until it passes over. It does wake me & sometimes I can have one or sometimes half a dozen through the night where I feel like I'm going to self combust 😕 It's bearable but beware of throwing off the covers then waking up cold......I've got a cold at the moment & have put it down to just that!!

As for taking the tablets...... I was told to try to take them at roughly the same time of day so I generally take when I have my breakfast. I don't think it says to take with food but I do anyway just so I have something in my stomach. Hope this helps.... Let me know how you get on xx

Onwards n upwards ladies. Hope you are all feeling ok. Will tune in later.

Love n hugz to one & all 💕 B xx

sorbet

Hi Mel thanks for that I couldnt find anywhere which said when to take it so just took after breakfast (though that was after 10 today as also got home at 1am very tired! . I haven't read all about SE of Tamoxofin but must do, I   keep waking very hot every night between 2-4am since last chemo cycle which means I stay awake til atleast 6 (been able to sleep a bit then as school hols but next week will find hard! Anyhow am going to be positive as a new year! Hope you take yours 2moro and all ok.

Love Sorbet

Mel66

Happy New Year all!

I was supposed to start my tamoxifen today too sorbet... but by the time I remembered, it was half way through the afternoon and it said on the packet to take in the morning so I'm starting tomorrow. Feeling a little apprehensive. When I asked onc If the SEs would be similar to the hot flushes caused by the chemo she said "no, they'll be worse"! Great! I'd be interested to hear how others are getting on with it too.

Great night last night, full of laughs, food, games and fab friends. Managed to stay out till 1am but was still the first to leave. Hope everyone had a lovely New Year too. 🙂 xx
sorbet

Happy New Year to everyone let it be a happy and much healthier one for all. Hope all had great Christmas.

Started Tamoxofin today, hoping no side effects, would be interested if anone who has started on them before has noticed anything, am being optomistic!

Love to everyone from Sorbet

Bevster

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! 

Sending loadsa love to you all 💕 😘 💗 B xxx

jannie13

Wishing us all a healthy new year.
Nicki01

Ditto, shall not be sorry to see the back of this year, except my wonderful wedding to my lovely husband.

Wishing you all a very healthy and happy 2015, goodness knows we all deserve it.

lots of love

Nicki xxx

Mel66

Happy New Year to all you lovely August ladies. The worst is all behind us and we can look forward to recuperation and a new, healthy and positive 2015.

10 of us over at a friend's house tonight for dinner and celebrations. Each couple bringing a course. I'm on starters. I'm sure it will start more civilised than it will end... the parties at this particular house are renowned for getting very messy... 😄

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening! xxx
Bevster

Hi gorgeous girls 😘 

I think it's safe to say that we'll all be glad to put this year behind us! Here's to a happy & healthy 2015 with loads of love & laughter. Enjoy New Year's Eve luvlies.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! 💕💕💕💕 xxxxx

EileenB

Morning ladies

Just want to wish each and every one of you a happy and healthy new year, as we leave this momentous year behind us 💕💜 Hope you all feel well enough to enjoy the new year's eve celebrations 🍷😃🍸

Lots of love Eileen xxx
Bali2001

Hi all

Pleased to report feeling much better ! I have realised now that the breathlessness and pain I have been in over the past few weeks wasn't the chemo but was the blood clot forming! Now the drugs are starting to dissolve it stairs are no problem to me. Still have a very fat face and neck so look deformed 😄 but arms and hands are normal now at least . It's pulled my new boob all out of shape as the skin was so swollen and stretched 😞 it's gone all bruised , which matches my tummy from the vile injections! Hope it's not caused any issue! Got to see the surgeon on 15th so hopefully it will all be okay, don't need anything else to worry about!

We went to family for Christmas which was lovely and my sister in law took care of me while hubby got some well deserved time off being my nurse. We had some real laughs and I think it's worked better than any drug 😄😄😄
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas 🎄🎅 and got lots of lovely gifts.....let's face it we all deserve to be spoilt rotten at the minute!
Let's hope our 2015 brings us more happiness health and joy❤️❤️❤️
Lots of love and hugs

M xx
Bevster

Hi you gorgeous girlies 😘 

Hope you've all had a lovely Christmas & have managed some quality time with loved ones. 

Bali - so glad to read that you got home in time for Christmas & just hope that you are taking things easy & feeling better. 

Luvlies....I just want to reiterate how much your love & support has meant to me over this last 6 months. You are amazingly strong women & we can all soon put 2014 behind us. Let's hope 2015 brings good health & happiness to us all.

Enjoy whatever you're up to with family & friends. Don't forget some selfish 'downtime' too. Watch Christmassy tv, eat, drink & be merry 🎅🎄🎁 

Sending much love & huge hugz 💕 B xx

jannie13

Glad your home Bali..

Baileys chocolate...omg I'm hooked.