Triple Negative Breast Cancer

Hi, I was diagnosed with grade 2 Triple Negative Breast Cancer 3 weeks ago. I saw the  surgeon on tuesday and he said it hadn’t spread to the lymph nodes but he said on the image verification it showed 14mm but he only got 9mm out with a wide margin and therefore wants me to have a further op to widen the margin. He mentioned radiotherapy after but on reading the copy of his letter to my gp he mentions chemo as well. This has put theof god in me now and ive started to panic. The way he put it over to me was that there was nothing to worry about as it was caught early. I’m going to Australia for 3 weeks over christmas to visit my daughter and family and am now wondering whether i should have the next op sooner rather than later. He said it was ok to go and have the op on the 19th Jan when i return.

Hi Dor welcome to the forum .It is quite difficult to take everything in when you are at appointments and to ask all the questions you want to .It may be worth ringing your breast care nurse to discuss the chemo issue -it could have been that it was a possibility for you depending on the outcome of your op but has been decided not needed ? You can also ask these questions in the Ask the nurses section of the Forum .It would be very sad not to make the trip to see your daughter but I can understand why you would want the op sooner rather than later also - difficult choice.Would they offer you the op sooner ?

Hi Dor and welcome to the forum.

In terms of the operation, be guided by your surgeon. If he thinks it’s OK to wait then that must be fine. Try giving your bcn a call to clarify. If it is possible to get it done before though, that might be a good option. You then have time to recover before the next part of your treatment. If you do end up having chemo then please be assured, it is not as bad as you might think. Please try not to worry. Concentrate on one treatment at a time. 

Best wishes and hope you have a lovely break at Xmas.

Sue xx