Triple Negative...Grade 1

Hi everyone

My mum (60yrs) has been diagnosed with a TNBC following detection on a routine mammogram.She has had a wide local excision with clear margins. her receptor status was OR 0/8, PR 0/8 Her 2 negative. 

Her tumour was 25mm (of which 15mm was DCIS and 10mm was invasive). 

It is a grade 1 with a 5-10% proliferative index. 

Her sentinel node biopsy was negative so her staging said to be T1b N0 Mx

The surgeon said it was very unusual to see a grade 1 TNBC and so was unsure of what the next step would be. 

She has referred us to an oncologist now to have discussions about whether chemotherapy will be offered/needed. 

All the TNBC i have read about on this forum are at least a grade 2… so just wondering if anybody else has come across this scenario in the past and what the outcome was? 

thanks. 

Hi Anjum,

I am sorry to hear you and your mum are going through this difficult time. I am sure users will be along to offer their support soon. You may also want to look at our page onTriple Negative Breast Cancer. 

In the meantime you can call our helpline at 0808 800 6000. The opening hours are below. 

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

hi Anjum,

sorry to hear about your mum, i am not triple negative, but there are lots of ladies on here who are and im sure you will soon get replies. Just wanted to say welcome and that we are all here for you and your mum if either of you want to post again.

i was diagnosed with lobular breast cancer in 2001 and was given a poor prognosis, I had several cancer free years after the first treatment,  and altho im currently on chemo again, im feeling really well and leading an almost normal life.

please pass on my very best wishes to your mum for an excellent response to her treatment. Once things get under way, she will begin to feel much better.

love and hugs,

Moijanxx???