cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triple negative and no chemo

8 REPLIES 8
CatherineJ

Re: Triple negative and no chemo

Hi Ruthie, I was just wondering how you're doing as I too didn't have chemo. 9 months out now since surgery and rads, and doing ok apart from the usual fears we all have on here. 

RuthieG

I was told I'm triple negative, grade 3, 4mm and because of the small size of it I've been told I won't be having chemo, just radiotherapy. I have to admit I'm worried about this.
Kellc

I had six sessions of EC last time.

They will not give you the e part again as it can affect your heart

Sue123

Hi again Kelic, my onc told me my benefit is 6% and I grabbed it with both hands! I wish you all the best, I think you are doing the right thing. Can I ask what chemo you had first time? 

Sue x

Butterfly318

Morning Kellc

Glad you got a more productive appointment with second onc.  5% is 5% (if the first onc thinks 5% is not a lot then thats because he's not the one with the diagnosis is he)  and as you've already had chemo once you know just what to expect but for what its worth i think that you've made an excellent decision.

Hope you're resting up a bit after surgery. Good Luck with the rest of your treatment. 

Take Care  Gilly x

Kellc

Had my appointment with second oncologist and she was lovely a complete opposite to the first one.

She gave me all the facts and said that it would improve my chances by five percent.

As I have had chemo before it was a difficult decision to make but I have decided to have the chemo. Four sessions of TC and I will have a central line in as my veins are kaput.

Just waiting now for appts for ecg and to get the line in.

Breast still healing as I had a breast reduction at the same time but only on one side will get the other done after all the treatment is finished as radiotherapy tends to shrink them.

It just doesn't seem real.

Sue123

Hi Kelic, I too have triple neg and got to know anothjer lady who had triple neg in one breast and had chemo. 18 months later she developed it in the other breast (no node involvement)  and had chemo again, but a different sort.

I think its good you r seeing another oncologist and to push for the best possible treatment

Let me know how you get on

Sue x

June_BCC

Hello Kellc

Maybe you could call our free helpline and talk through your concerns with one of the staff who are there to support you.  The number is 0808 800 6000 and lines open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturday.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Kellc

Triple negative and no chemo

Been to see the oncologist today have had 18mm triple negative no lymph involvement removed with clear margins and he said that it would not be of any benifit to have chemo (I have had it previously three years ago for the other breast). and he would arrange for three weeks radiotherapy.

I said to him that I was seeing another oncologist next week from the ame department and I asked him what it would be for he said that he would be retiring and she would be discussing chemotherapy with me.

Came out more confused that when I went in.

Anyone help