1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triple negative breast cancer grade 3

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Triple negative breast cancer grade 3

Forgot to say hair back thick and curly but now salt and pepper colour.  I've decided not to dye anymore due to chemicals.  Trying to eat well, fresh fruit and veg.    Kale and broccoli are very good to eat.  Try to cut sugar down (this is hard) and do not drink alcohol.  That said, I might have a drink (one) Christmas.

Some pain under arm which I'm managing with help of pain management at hospital.

what we have to face is life is now different but there are still many joys.

pam x

Hello Nell,

like you grade 3 (which is normal for TNBC) and stage 3 something.  They didn't tell me stage but as four out of 24 nodes positive defo 3b or something.  8 chemos 4 EC then 4 Piciltaxol.  Surgery then 20 rads.  I'm doing well as diagnosed August 2014 and got a full PCR.  Burned skiing recovered also have full shoulder mobility as did exercises as prescribed.  Had issues with cording and lymphodeama but I'm still here.  It can be done.

Wishing you no reoccurrence.   Do keep an eye on those boobs and if like me you record on your own sheet you will know what is new.  I had to do this as the boobs at very lumpy and I have got some fat necrosis where the tumour was.

i do feel sometimes left in limbo as you say there is nothing further for TNCB post treatment, just yearly mamas.

pam x

Hi Pam

how are you?

My burn has almost vanished now and my hair is starting to grow now that I am 3 months past chemo and 7 weeks past rads.  My hair has always been very fine so it will have to grow quite a bit before I can discard my hats. My energy is starting to come back thank goodness and week on week I can tell I am doing a bit more. Unfortunately I have lost some fingernails. I thought my fingers would be very sore but the new nails had grown enough so that they were not sore but they look terrible. I am still a bit sore when I stretch my arm up high but I hope to get back to swimming now that my burn is almost better and that should help.  The oncologist has discharged me and as you know we TNBC have no ongoing medication.

On my bad days I still worry about recurrence but I think everyone does especially in the first two years. Hopefully I will be able to put the past 6 months behind me and get on with my life and I look forward to having hair and finger nails again.

Hope you are doing well. Best wishes

Nell

Yes,I also burnt at collarbone. Drinking lots of water also helps.

How are you doing Neill?

pam x

I was diagnosed with TNBC stage 3 grade 3 in April 2016. Had masectomy and full node clearance in May (2 out of 26 nodes affected) then 4 cycles of TC chemo then 15 sessions of rads finishing 3 October. Chemo was hard but rads were no problem - just a bit tiring with having to travel every day. I used R1/R2 cream and my skin was ok. I did not wear a bra unless I had to and bought a number of M&S white t shirts with half sleeves to avoid skin on skin contact, I was not bothered if they got marked with cream as I planned to throw them  out once all my treatment was finished. I switched to E45 cream after rads and a 4 in x 2in burn developed on my collarbone 10 days after rads finished. My GP prescribed Fucidin cream and it has cleared up. I am now signed off by oncologist who said my skin looked pretty good and the burn mark was almost gone. My energy is returning and I am a lot less tired now almost 3 months after end of chemo. 

The moral of this is make sure you cream the whole area being treated by rads  including the collarbone area and contact GP if burn does appear. As I am TN I was very pleased the NHS threw everything at it. 

Best wishes for your rads sessions. They are a doddle after chemo.

Nell

Triple negative breast cancer grade 3

Hi guys first time on here. I was diagnosed in April 2016 with TNBC had 12 weeks chemo Taxol then 3x FEC after that surgery now awaiting Radiotherapy. The chemo was a rough one. I'm asking do anyone who had radiotherapy had any side effects from it, because my oncologist told me there is none.