cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triple negative feeling desperate

13 REPLIES 13
Caz38

Re: Triple negative feeling desperate

Hi there I was diagnosed Nov 2015, had clear scan April 2016,recurrence in June in breast and mastectomy, now recurrence in lungs and liver although very tiny. Am also a mum to 3sons its every mums worst nightmare. How are you now? I am now on weekly chemo to keep it at bay (I hope) really struggling too 😞I am 38

Caz38

Hi there I was diagnosed Nov 2015, had clear scan April 2016,recurrence in June in breast and mastectomy, now recurrence in lungs and liver although very tiny. Am also a mum to 3sons its every mums worst nightmare. How are you now? I am now on weekly chemo to keep it at bay (I hope) really struggling too 😞

Spokes1

Hi, I know this reply is a few weeks late but just want you to know I was stage 3 and opted for the double mastectomy. Went two rounds of chemo. This was four years ago and I'm still going strong with no relapse.

Please stay strong and take one day at a time.  Be sure to include your daughter in as much as possible when it come to explaining this illness.  We told my son the medicine the doctor needs me to take will make me very sick but that's ok because if I become sick and my hair falls out, then we know the medicine is working and it's making me better. 

The fight was long and some bad days made it very hard but it's now four years later and my family is closer then ever because of this.

Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

spokes1

AngeNut

I know, I've not been able to get you young women off my mind, at all. 

You are right (in another TN thread) when older you have fewer distractions.

Ive only had Me, Myself and I to look after, with a good husband and friends and family. 

I feel Ive also not had such serious symptoms either - caught early. 

But some people seem to have it heaped upon them - it's heartbreaking. 

Thank you for kind words - can't remember what I wrote.

I was beginning of scramble my brain remembering who was who etc etc 🤓

AnnDaw

Hi Ange im just having a look at recent posts and noticed your very complimentary post on 20th and want to say thanks for that. It breaks my heart when I read posts of younger women with young families struggling with diagnosis. I need to reach out and try to give some reassurance to them because it does get easier as treatment goes on. I remember clearly how scary it was for the first couple of months following my diagnosis I cried often. I feel so different now im much stronger than I was before all this and im really positive. I hope all is going well for you Ange and I'll look at some more of your posts to get a insight into how your journey is going. I'm hoping Katydaw can find some positivity soon as I think about her and how she is coping. Xxx 

AngeNut

You young Mums have brought tears to my eyes. 

Its not just the news, you are dealing with getting well after serious surgery. I know how tired, sore and achey I get. It's the exhaustion that drags you down.

I go for chemo intro etc tomorrow and start on Friday - 3x FEC and 9 weekly something.

I was 68 yesterday and had a 3cm lump and 8 nodes removed -2/8 affected. 

It was a shock on Friday to be told tumour was Grade 3 and Triple negative. 

Im beginning to get a bit more used to this new medical lingo.

Girls, please have a good shout out here - it must be SO hard and heartbreaking with such little ones... 

I do hope you have people around to lean on, practically and emotional support. 

Be warrior women - you may have been weakened in a battle, but you are going win the war - with scars to prove it! 

Ange X

AngeNut

I wish there was a 'Like' for encouraging posts like yours, AnnDaw !
Taran

Hi Ann, I will be having 3 cycles of FEC and 3 of taxotere. Starting 2 weeks today. I have had lumpectomy and axillary node clearance with 4 positive nodes. Recovery from that has actually been really good. I was diagnosed with grade 3 tnbc. Lump was 3cm and we had good clear margins. The oncologist said today that I will get a goody bag of drugs and things to take during chemo!! I'm sure she said I will get some mouthwash but she didn't mention anything for thrush so I'll check on that when I go for my pre-chemo assessment next week. Thank you.

Katy, this is really not how I planned on spending my maternity leave either!! But our babies must be our focus to get us through the tough days xx
Katydaw

Ann and Taran thank you for your replies. Taran sorry to see you have young children too. It is just so horrible. I can't believe that 3 months ago I was so excited about my maternity leave and spending more time with my little girl. I just feel hopeless and can't find my positivity.
AnnDaw

Hi Taran you will be surprised how quickly your treatment seems to go once it starts and the chemo nurses are great and put you at ease. Any side effects are easily treated so it's all doable. Do you know which chemo you will be having yet? Ask your oncologist to give you difflam mouthwash if you get a sore mouth and something for thrush oral or otherwise lol. Please don't ever think of not making it through this difficult time in your life because there's so much that can be done nowadays.What type of b/c are you being treated for and what surgery have you had if you don't mind me asking? Xx 

Taran

Katy, I have struggled too. I was diagnosed in may, when my baby was 8 weeks old. Like you, the thought of leaving my children is the hardest part of it all. I've had surgery now and waiting to start chemo. I'm trying my best to focus on getting through the treatment and not worrying about the future as best I can, because at the moment that is not helpful for me. There are so many women on here who have made it to the end of treatment, and we have to believe that one day that will be us too.x
AnnDaw

Hi Katydaw sorry you've ended up on this site but you'll get lots of support here so hang in there and don't despair. I'm 56 and triple neg. I had 5cm tumour so had right mastectomy 9th October last year.During op 3/5 lymph nodes were affected so had 6 FEC-T chemo which I finished 1st April. It's not easy but very doable. I had the rest of my nodes cleared 6 weeks ago.I've just come home from a 2 week holiday and will start 15 sessions of radiotherapy this coming Friday. I know you will feel like your world is falling apart but it gets better as treatment goes on honestly. I know triple neg is scary as we don't yet have a tablet to prevent it coming back but that doesn't mean it will return. As I can see light at the end of the tunnel now I look back and see that breast cancer will have cheated me out of a year of my life but I'm moving forward. It's early days for you Katy but you'll be surprised how quickly you move through treatment. Don't trawl through Internet stuff like I did as a lot of it is way out of date and depressing.Put your trust in your team of professionals they will get you there for years and years to come. Keep in touch you'll get lots of help and good advice from the ladies on here.  Anne xxx 

Katydaw

Sorry that should be 6.1cm and 5cm lumps
Katydaw

Triple negative feeling desperate

Hi everyone

I was diagnosed with grade 3 tnbc at the beginning of April 2016 at the age of 36 and had a left full mastectomy on 21 April. I was 35 weeks pregnant with my little boy at that point. I also have a beautiful little girl who is 4. I was induced at 38 weeks and my baby boy is now 4.5 weeks. My pathology results were diabolical-multifocal 61mm and 5mm lumps with 4/9 lymph nodes, one about 3cm. Clear margins on the mastectomy which was about the only good thing. I am so angry with myself that I had no idea about this until the tumours had got so large. I just thought my boobs were getting bigger due to pregnancy. I also stupidly never checked my boobs, just never thought it would happen to me. Anyway I started chemo on 25 May but to be honest I have totally been struggling with this since diagnosis. I cry everyday and my heart breaks when I look at my children, particularly my little girl as we are so so close and she would be devastated if anything happened to me. I figure that the baby would be too little to understand. I can't bear the thought of not seeing them grow up. I am so desperately sad and just want my old life back. I am struggling so much with the tn part knowing there is nothing to protect me afterwards (if I get that far). I have never heard of anyone with a diagnosis like mine and just feel like I have no chance.