Triple negative forum so quiet

Hi I’ve been diagnosed triple negative and due to start neo adjuvant chemo in about three weeks is there anyone else out there, I’ve been told I’ll be going to Christie’s.

Hi Jules, sorry to hear you’ve had to join us but welcome to the forum. It is quiet these days but there are a couple of Fb groups specifically for TN ladies you might want to join Tn Warriors and tn support. If you can’t find them let me know and I will point you in the direction of the admin team.

i was diagnosed last July and had my neoadjuvant chemo at the Christie too. Then surgery at Wythenshawe ( lumpectomy) and about to start radiotherapy. I found the team at the Christie very helpful and once I started chemo I was relieved to be getting on with it. You probably know thatTN responds well to chemo - it’s one of the positives we have going for us. My advice at this stage would be to stay away from Google unless you go onto reputable sites like this or the American equivalent for example. Much of the stuff on otter sites is very out of date or just inaccurate. 

Take care, 

chris xx

Hi jules , i start mine on wednesday for shrinkage before surgery .tumour is about 4.4cm with lymph involvement. I recently joined the triple negative warriors on fb they are a lovely bunch of ladies who always willing to answer your concerns if you can.its all new to me also and little scary and daunting .maria x

How do I find the triple negative warriors?!

Hi Jules I been diagnosed with triple negative metaplastic cancer too, ( metaplastic accounts for less 1% of breast cancers).  Having mine at Stoke . Had 3 out of 8 chemos so far then as you will have surgery then radiotherapy. 

Hi Kaz,welcome to the forum ! There are lots of triple negative ladies on the site but it does go quiet sometimes in this part of the forum .If you join us in the " just diagnosed " section you will get a lot of support .Brain mush is not surprising during the first few weeks -such a lot to get your head around!

Ps I think there may be a Facebook suppprt group for TN ladies - one of the ladies will
hopefully advise.

hi there it is very quiet at moment I am nearly three years on since mastectomy and chemo for tnbc

so don’t come on often . I am not on Facebook so can’t help you there . If I can answer any of your questions I will glad to help . DEN