cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triple negative reoccurrence

4 REPLIES 4
Downbutnotout

Re: Triple negative reoccurrence

Hi again Bali - just another thing which I forgot to mention yesterday. There is a lot of research ongoing at the moment into triple negative to find new and additional treatments, such as to be able to give targeted therapies following the other treatments, like the ER+, PR+ and HER2+ ladies receive. So take heart that progress is being made, it's just unfortunate that they haven't known about TN for as long as the others so it's a bit further behind.

FEC-T isn't the nicest thing in the world but it's surprising how you suddenly find yourself out the other end and starting to get a, somewhere nearer to, normal life back.

Take care.

Flo

X

Bali2001

Hi flo
Thank you for the reply! I was starting to think I was the only one TN reoccurance out there!
It's so scary that we have so few options , I do think if maybe I had chemo first time it may not have come back 😞 but the knowledge at the time says it wasn't the thing to do 😞
It's a tough road we are all on I think regardless of the type it is , just never thought I would be doing it all again , I hope all goes well for you and i will try to keep off the web sites !!
Lots if love m xx
Downbutnotout

Hi Bali

Firstly, I'm so sorry you've had a recurrence. I know how disappointing it is. I have TN and had a local-regional recurrence this year, 2 1/2 years after my primary but I always knew I was high risk for it - I had all the aspects of disease that you just don't want.

I've read that the further from your initial diagnosis before a recurrence the better. So the fact that you've managed 4 1/2 years is a good thing - although it's pretty pants for you because they reckon after 3 years your chances of avoiding a recurrence are much better and better still after 5 years. You must have been feeling you'd put it behind you.

At least the lump wasn't so big and your lymph node has done its job.  I can understand your worries about not being able to have any more radio but the chemo should mop up any stray cells - but don't assume there are any, it's just a safety net. Plus you've had the mastectomy.

It is a worry waiting for appointments to see people but I would say your situation is pretty positive. I wouldn't bother looking for statistics because the information is based on old data and we're all individuals so you can't really predict the likelihood of things like secondaries.

Wishing you well.

Flo

X

Jo_BCC

Hi Bali

while you are waiting for replies from your fellow forum users, do give our helpline team a ring and have a chat with them, they are up to date with all the current treatments/trials that are on going.  They're here to support you through this.  0808 800 6000

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Bali2001

Triple negative reoccurrence

Hi all
Anyone out there had a reoccurrence of TN ? I was first diagnosed 4 1/2 years ago and at that point they weren't too concerned about TN just whipped out the lump gave me some rads and told me not to worry ! Well it's back now 1.5mm just in the lymph node (1) they couldn't find anything in breast ..... Had a full mastectomy and recon and I am now having chemo 3 x fec 3 x tax .... But as I had rads before I can't have it again , this worries me as I can't have any other treatment at all .......anyone else been in this position and been given any idea of outcome? Ie chances of it coming back as a secondary and if this is more likely as I can't have rads........ It's worrying me a lot now and don't see my onc again for 6 weeks ....just wondered if any of you lovely ladies have been in this position and can give me a view on it all xx