Did you mean: 

Triple negative

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted

Re: Triple negative

Yes. I am. I'm through T and now on FEC
Highlighted

Hi Teapot. Yes, I had the first of 20 radiotherapies this morning. It was no-where near as bad as I was expecting. Think it was fear of the unknown that was making me anxious and it was all fine. What treatment have you been offered?
Highlighted

Daisy teabag

I am the same, I am 53 years young with a very large IDC grade 3 - I'm half way through Neo Adjuvant FEC-T.  Feeling good up until now, the side effects have not been bad for me.  I like you worry what will happen if my tumor has not shrunk?! I am having an MRI in a couple of weeks to see if chemo working....I feel within myself that it is not. As i still have pain/inflammation on the breast concerned.  I started researching onlie today, which was really stupid of me, becuase I dont even know what stage my tumor is.  I too feel frightened for my future for the first time since diagnosis, and was very upbeat and optimistic until i started to research my condition. 

Highlighted

Hi I was diagnosed triple negative grade 3 invasive in dec 2013, I was 35. I had wle no node involvement followed by 5 fec couldn't have cycle 6 as was admitted to hospital with neutropenic sepsis. I have now decided to have a double mastectomy to reduce risk of it coming back in my breasts as there is no further treatment for triple negative I want to put my mind at rest as much as I can. Big hugs ladies xx
Highlighted

Hi, another triple negative here! I was diagnosed on 23/09/2013 and had a tumour measuring nearly 6cm to my absolute horror!! Cannot believe to this day I didn't know it was there!! I had 6 rounds of FEC/T ... Unfortunately it barely touched the pesky blighter so mastectomy it was.. Just finished 25 lots of radiotherapy and now thinking what next ?! The more I've researched TNBC the more anxious I've become... Are there any good books on it? I can't seem to find many at all compared to the hormone + ones? Still struggling with achey joints and bones plus fatigue, really need to get active as I seem to have piled weight on since diagnosis! Glad to have found this site as TN does seem to be quite negative indeed according to what I've read!!
Highlighted

Hi Teapot.

I had Neo Adjuvant FecT (November 2012) and for the Fec it used to take about one hour to syringe through a canula in my hand and then on to Taxol which only took the same hour but on a drip.  The Nurse then used to flush saline through for15/20 minutes or so.

Side effects weren't really worse just different. Higher doses of steroid so insomnia / Tax trots for a few days (roughly days 4 - 7 ish also felt pretty rough).

I used to make sure my arm was warm which helped the canula and drink loads.

Great news the tumout is shrinking.... Good luck with the rest of your treatment.

Take Care   Gilly x

Highlighted

Thank you for all your comments, really positive and helpful. I am 56 years old and I am pleased that I won't have to go through the 5+years of tamoxifen following all the various treatments but something at the back of my mind feels that I won't have that 'comfort blanket' at the end! I have just completed 4 E &C treatments and each one has been different (some where I have sailed through others, including this one, where nausea has been a real problem). Have heard very mixed feedback about taxol - which I start on 9th July - and not looking forward to the 3 hour IV. My arm tends to ache after 1 hour - does anybody have any tips eg any arm numbing creams I could use? On the positive side my tumour is shrinking - so silver lining!
Highlighted

Hi Teapot I am triple negative grade three - diagnosed in Feb and started chemo on 1 April Fec for 3 and now on Tax - have had first and will have second on Tuesday

Found fec overall ok and have struggled more on tax - however chemo has reduced tumour by half after the 3 fec so good result

If you want to talk PM me - Caroline

Highlighted

Hi teapot, I noticed you had your first chemo yesterday, I too have tn cancer, diagnosed whilst 37 weeks pregnant, aged 36, 5 days later had to induce my baby. Very hard and emotional time. After further tests there is a suspicious mass on my lung so unsure if secondary, I completed my 3rd round of chemo yesterday. I thought I would write to you to give you some tips on how you might feel after your first chemo. Well not too scare you my 6th and 7th day was herrendous with some real nasty side effects and I had no medication to take the edge of them. Mainly bad muscle cramps and the worse one was nasty diarrohea, my advise would be the minute something doesnt feel right don't suffer in silence and contact your support nurse or the chemo helpline who will advise on what meds you can take, I didn't and had a horrible time. So the next chemo I was well prepared, I take tablets to slow down the gut, tablets to stop the muscle cramps, and keep on top with pain killers to ease the cramps, it doesnt stop them but takes the edge off them and makes it manageable. I wish I had been more prepared the first time but I used it as a learning curve. You might be lucky with your side effects, fingers crossed but please don't suffer in silence like I did. Anything that doesnt feel right, for example I had bad ulcers down the side of my tongue and my mouth never felt clean I mentioned it, now I have toothpaste for a dry mouth and a mouth wash which numbs the ulcers, I do feel like I rattle when I walk but as long as it gets me through this bull I don't care. After taking all the meds on my 2nd it was like a walk in the park. The only issue I have is the insomnia, takes me forever to get off and then I'm up at crack of dawn, another 4am wake up call for me again, that generally lasts for me once steroids stop. Hope I havent scared the life out of you but just wish someone would have told me me this when I embarked on my first chemo. Good luck and I really hope you don't have any side effects. Jo
Highlighted

Hi Teapot

I was diagnosed grade 3 triple neagtive on 21 May and had my first chemo FEC yesterday, my oncologist suggested surgery after shrinking my tumour first

Highlighted

Hello Teapot, my tumour was grade 3 triple negative and I finished treatment back in March 2014. I had surgery first (mx) and ANC (node positive) followed by 6 x FEC-T and 25 rads. There are a lot of tn ladies on this forum and many more throughout the UK. Good luck with your treatment and let us know if you need to know anything else xx

Highlighted

Hi all, I was diagnosed triple neg in Sept. Last month I finished the long journey of surgery (x2), chemo (x6) and radiotherapy (x15). I turned 40 when I was diagnosed. I am just starting to get my life back and start doing 'normal' things again. You are all on a rollercoaster but you will all find the strength to make it to the other end. I promise. Be kind to yourself x
Highlighted

Hi teapot. I was diagnosed with TNBC following a WLE in May, clear margins grade 3 not in sentinel node, now in the chemotherapy phase started on 30 may FEC-T for 6 cycles. Chemo best chance to rid ourselves of TN and yes the silver lining is no hormones and their side effects for 10 years... That's the best way to look at it. Lisa xx
Highlighted

Hi teapot. Yes, I started chemo for this at the beginning of April. Halfway through expecting surgery c August. I think there are several ladies on the starting chemo in April thread in a similar position.
Highlighted

I was diagnosed last December with grade 3 invasive triple negative and am just coming to the end of 6xFEC75, rads to follow later this month. Lymph nodes removed but proved clear (lucky!) At least we are spared the delights of Tamoxifen for the next 10 years...

Highlighted

Yes i start next week i have tnbc and node involment x

Highlighted

Hi Teapot,

I was diagnosed with Triple Neg,IDC grade 2 on nov 13, I had chemo first  6 Fec-T then WLE and now starting radiotherapy on mon, 15 +4 boosters.

If you click on (I am recently diagnosed) board and scroll down you will find a thread for Triple Neg where you will find lots of info from ladies with triple neg.

How far are you in treatment, If you need any info,help or support you have come to the right place and I am sure all the ladies on the forum will be only to happy to help including myself.

sending hugs

Wyn x

Highlighted

Triple negative

Is anyone going through treatment at the moment for grade 3 triple negative BC?