Triple negative

I’ve had triple negative cancer for 3 years. 3 years of chemotherapy and just finishing my 2 lot of radiotherapy… Is there anyone else out there who is having trouble getting rid of this cancer? Jackie

Hi Badjack,

Thank you for sharing your story. I am sure some of our users will be along to share their experiences with triple negative breast cancer and show their support soon. 

In the meantime you can always post on our Ask the Nurse board or call our helpline on 0808 800 6000, who will be able to talk you through any questions you have and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below:

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday, 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Bonita 

Hi jackie .im just starting on this horrid journey 4.4cm with lymph postive .sounds like you have had a horrendous time of it .Have you had any clear in that 3 years or has it just been continuous ? Hope you dont mind me asking , its all new and scary .I do hope this is the last time you have to endure this and doesnt return for you again x maria

Hi Badjack and Maria12,

I was diagnosed in 2013 with tnbc, 5.7cm tumour, 12/15 lymph nodes affected. It was a particularly aggressive  and so close to the wall of my chest I had no idea it was there. But, thankfully I was called for my second mamogram, so consider myself very lucky to still be here at all! After a mastectomy, node clearance, TAC chemo and radiotherapy, I was clear by the November; (diagnosed in the Jan). Now I am back fighting again as my old adversary is back with a vengeance! About to finish radiotherapy again and having calcium tabs and injections to boost my poor bones.

Not or sure any of that is actually going to make you feel better, but you are by no means the only one continually fighting to keep the unrelenting enemy at bay. If nothing else, it’s reassuring to find someone else who has a similar issue. Have you asked about any trials that might be available? I’ve told my oncologist that if they need a Guinea pig for anything, I’m their gal! 

My my biggest problem is managing pain (actually seeing oncologist about it tomorrow as some days I am unable to walk as the pain is so great) and fatigue, so any tips, greatly appreciated!

Goodnight and sending positive vibes and hugs, Sue ?

Hi sue , sorry to hear of your reoccurrence i do hope it’s the last time you have to deal with this again , im stuggling getting through the chemo right now and hate every minute of it , but i got to do it for the sake of my son , scares me the thought it could all be in vain though .good luck and sending my wishes xx