cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tripple negative

11 REPLIES 11
Christina3024

Re: Tripple negative

Hello Ann, thanks for your reply!! You started ur journey at the same time as my sister!! How r u? Hope you are doing well 💗 how old are u if u don't mind me asking?
AnnDaw

Hi Christina im triple neg and had a CT scan. I think it was because my tumour was quite large 5cm and node involvement. I had right mastectomy last October then 6 fec-t chemo and have just had node clearance 24th April. X

Nikki49

I had health insurance & therefore had all my treatment at a private hospital.

My my tumor was 28mm idc with 105mm dcis.  I had surgery mx & ANC followed by Fec-t 100 no rads

i had the usual mammo & ultra sound, I also had ct & MRI.  A few weeks after surgery I had another CT scan

i finished Chem Dec 2013 recon surgery June 2014, reduction of the other breast to match Feb 2015

i have only received annual mammo of non affected breast, as recon side is an implant.

have to say it freaks me out a bit that the recon side is never checked other than the consultant checking it with his fingers - I mean how would he know if someone nasty was lurking under the implant?

Christina3024

Hello 1852, my sister was diagnosed in October had mestrctomy in November! She has her last chemo in 2 weeks time!! Did u have sentinel node biopsy, hope u don't kind me asking all the questions xx

Hi Christina I had mastectomy aug2014 finished chemo jan15 hope your sister ok when was her treatment ?
Christina3024

Thank you for yor reply 1852!! How long ago was ur treatment!? So glad u are ok xx

Hi  I had same diagnosis and treatment as your sister I have not had any further test just scan on remaining breast when lump found but it was just a cyst think different authorities have different follow up my breast nurse said doing more scans just causes more waiting worries if that makes sense Christina

Christina3024

Thank u for your reply!! I'm enquiring for my sister who had a tripple neg tumour, 2 sentinel nodes removedm, both clear, mastectomy and has had chemo!! have been feeling worried wondering if she needs a scan or anything else! Xx
jinny2611

Hi Christina in my area they usually offer ct if have more than 4 nodes positive along with bone scan . I'm stage 3 trip Meg with 9 pos but have only had one ct scañ and bone scan at digonose hope this helps x

Christina3024

Thank u xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Christina,welcome to the Forum.I can't answer your question I'm afraid but I'm sure someone will come along soon who can.Jill.
Christina3024

Tripple negative

Just wondering how it is defined if you need to have a ct scan or PET scan etc following a tripple negative diagnosi? Do they do this on the NHS of has anyone paid private? X