Re: Trying not to panic

Great news Running Mum!

xxx

Janey2

🍷 to you! Xx
RunningMum13

Thank you so much ladies, i'm not going to lie i've had a cheeky glass of wine tonight - cheers!! Xx
ladybowler
Community Champion

RunningMum

that is brilliant news xxx

Janey2

Donna, sooo pleased to hear you had a clear too. I shall raise a virtual glass to you xx
RunningMum13

Hi Janey,

Thank you so much for checking up on me!

Glad to report all is well. The lump is a harmless cyst that showed on my previous mammogram, but i hadn't been told about at the time.

All the staff were lovely today, reassuring me that i'd done the right thing in going to my GP. They were very thorough too with a mammogram and ultrasound just to be certain.

Hope all is well with you and everyone reading this post.

Donna x
Janey2

RunningMum I hope all went well today at your appointment x
RunningMum13

Hi,

Thank you ladies for your re-assuring replies, our marvellous nhs are on the ball, I got a phone call from the hospital just 2 days after seeing my doctor to offer me a breast clinic appointment for 14th June, so not long to wait. Trying to stay positive.

As you say we can't ignore these things, always better to check. So pleased nothing untoward was found for you both.

Will report back, and thank you for being there.x

Janey2

Hi RunningMum. I am almost a year post diagnosis and finished active treatment 7 months ago. 2 weeks ago I found a new lump. I was very swiftly checked out and hugely relieved to have found out yesterday it was a cyst. I told them I felt daft for having bothered them but was very quickly told I was right to have checked and again was told "have a low threshold" for getting in touch with worries. Fingers crossed for you x
JuSt

Hi RunningMum,

It's very difficult & worrying to find another lump but you are doing the right thing getting it checked out. I'm now 3 years post-diagnosis but had this twice after treatment finished - once in the surgery breast, then in the other one.  Thankfully, they both turned out to be nothing - surgery breast one was scar tissue and the one in the other was normal breast tissue. Hopefully, yours will turn out to be nothing sinister and you can get back to moving forward. It's good that your GP thinks it's normal but has referred you to be checked out.

Hope you don't have to wait too long & get the all clear very soon.

Best wishes x

RunningMum13

Trying not to panic

Hi,

I'm 5 months post op (WLE and SNB), and 3 months after active treatment (radiotherapy) has finished, feeling great and ready to move forward, but I found a lump in my other breast on Sunday.

I rang my bcn on Tuesday and was directed back to my gp as oncology had discharged me after my op check up. Luckily I managed to see a lady gp this morning and she said that the lump felt like normal breast tissue to her but has referred me back into clinic again just to be on the safe side. I'm trying not to panic but feeling a bit anxious and emotional.x