Trying not to worry but I can't help it!

So, now that I am officially awaiting my appointment coming through which I really hope won’t take too long, I am trying not to worry but I can’t help it. I push it to the back of my mind and say to myself that everything will be fine but every now and then the “C” word creeps into my thoughts and my stomach turns and heart feels like it’s gonna leap out my throat. I have found my appetite decrease severely since I first noticed my problems and what they could possibly be caused by. I go most of the day feeling like I am going to throw up. I’m putting on a brave face to my friends and family saying, I don’t think it will be anything, I’m going to be fine but I don’t really think that. I am keeping myself busy with my 3 children, one who is autistic and also running my business.

So, my symptoms are one of my breasts changing size. It’s actually quite a big difference in size to the other. I thought maybe my right had grown but all the problems seem to be in the left one so I am thinking that maybe it has decreased in size. This was an almost overnight change. Then came the indentation running from my nipple to the very bottom of my breast. I have had a lot of pain (lasted 5 days) until the indentation appeared. So, doctor said she felt lumps at my appointment yesterday which surprised me as I was checking every day since. She’s certain they will be benign but sending me to get checked anyway. Has anyone had the doctor feeling quite confident that it will be fine but they were wrong?

I asked my partner to feel the indentation to tell my if he’s ever felt that on me before and he was horrified. Definitely hadn’t felt it there before. :frowning:

Hi photomum82

It sounds like you’re having a pretty worrying time at the moment, I’m sure some of the other users will be a long soon to offer you their knowledge and support. 

In the meantime if you need some additional support or just to talk things through do give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can share your thoughts and concerns with someone who willoffer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information. Lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator