cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get used to my diagnosis

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Trying to get used to my diagnosis

Hi! Just wanted to say you are not alone and we are all here for you. From my own experience, I have found talking to a few close friends and family is helping me get through this. I try to take each day at a time, some days are good and some are hell! I am still waiting for all the information to be gathered on my type of cancer and I know the waiting can be soul destroying. 

Highlighted

Hope your feeling ok, there's lots of new ladies on. I was told on Friday xx
Highlighted

Hi Jaine
Welcome to the BCC forums, you will soon have lots of support and shared experiences and in addition our helpliners are on hand with emotional and practical support on 0808 800 6000, lines open 9-5'weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

This link will take you to the BCC 'Just diagnosed' pages where you will find further support ideas and information to help you through the coming weeks and months of tests and treatments:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

Take care
Lucy BCC

Highlighted

Trying to get used to my diagnosis

I was diagnosed last Tuesday, a lump and a suspicious area requiring more investigation.  I have to have an MRI scan and then surgery in November.

I have been telling people, but it is very hard.  Telling people makes me want to cry.  From this forum  I think I have a better idea of the questions to be asking when I next see the doctor.  I am seeing him next Tuesday.  Last week I couldn't say a word.