Tubular breast cancer

Hi all,

i have been reading the forums since waiting for my results and found it a tower of strength. Thought it was time I joined in…

I was diagnosed nearly 2 weeks ago with tubular breast cancer and I understand it’s pretty rare. I am lucky it was picked up on my first mamagram so my lump is only approx 13mm and the lymph nodes look clear. If all goes to plan I will be having a lumpectomy followed by rads. Op is scheduled for the 22nd (I delayed it by 10 days as I have a big “5” “0” birthday bash organised on the 20th). Im feeling very positive and still working full time but very tired but guess that’s down to mental anguish! 

Has as anyone else been diagnosed with tubular? 

Hi there, I was diagnosed with Tubular in Feb last year (also had Invasive Lobular on the other side just to add to the fun!) Like you, mine was small and the lymph nodes were clear. From what I gather Tubular is a “good” one to have as it does not tend to spread. I had bilateral lumpectomies and sentinel node biopsies followed by radiotherapy so if you have any questions I am happy to help… I was also very tired and had lots of aches and pains which were all stress related, not surprising really.  Hope the Birthday prepartions are going well, take care  Sue x

I was diagnosed with Tubular last March, it’s been hard to find others with the same as it’s quite a rare one and yes it is a “good” one to get apparently as its a low grade and rarely spreads, my oncologist said if she ever got BC she wanted the same as me! Mine was only 4mm and fully removed with a lumpectomy followed by 3 weeks of Radiotheraphy and I’m on Tamoxifen for 5-10 years, no lasting problems and am feeling positive about up coming anniversary and check up ? Xx 

Hi , don’t post on forum much any more but had to post on this topic . I was diagnosed with tubular cancer last year in may I found mine my self I can remember the radiographer saying to me how the hell do u find this as most women find there’s on mammogram and, had WLE , SNB and re excision to get a clear margin . Then 15 sessions of radiotherapy . We’d have a rare form of BC but it nice to know that you are not alone . This forum helped me so much through my treatment and I hope it does the same for you . Good luck to all you tubular ladies wether you are starting treatment , or finished . Julie xx