Did you mean: 

Tummy flaps with implants

3 REPLIES 3
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Tummy flaps with implants

Posted on behalf of new user sue:

Hello

I have had bilateral mastecomy with trans flap reconstruction. I have since had implants in both sides, nipple added and tattoed. I am now really happy with my boos, i get lots of nice comments and my husband loves them.

The only drawback is that I do a lot of excercise (kickboxing) and I am putting weight on just on my hips now. I am ending up with a muffin top. I also can't participate fully in the classes anymore as i can't kick for that long without getting tired.

I am really happy with my reconstruction though

Guest user
Not applicable

Rubygirl
Did you have DIEP without implant? That was the important part of the question really.
Thanks
CM

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
I had a Diep Flap in January this year, it is fantastic. It wasnt painful at all, the only real discomfort I had was the abdominal scar, which did open up, but after ten weeks has healed well. I was only in hospital 5 days, and had ten weeks off work. I am still tired but I feel so much better about myself now. The next step is to lift my left breast to match my nice new pert one and to have the nipple put on. I thoroughly recommend a Diep Flap and my surgeon was fantastic.
Hope this helps xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Tummy flaps with implants

Hello
Is there anyone out there who has had, or knows someone who has had, either TRAM or DIEP flap with implant?
I have read that TRAM flaps were sometimes done with an implant in the past but really need to connect with someone who has had this done. I'm sure there must have been a few cases like this where perhaps LD failed or wasn't wanted but not enough volume was available without "help".
Thanks
CM