cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tummy still not flat

8 REPLIES 8
Kelley

Re: Tummy still not flat

My op was 2 years ago. I honestly can't remember how long because the swelling wasn't all that noticeable so it wasn't an issue. I would say my tummy is now bigger than it was post op as i've put a bit of weight back on. Either way, I'm delighted with the result. I'm probably more confident in myself and my body than I was before diagnosis. I'm not sure why. Maybe my priorities have changed. Have you heard of or seen The Boudicca within" which was compiled by my PS? I was even confident enough to appear in that.

BabyGirl

Thanks Debbie, Like u said I feel very comfortable wearing my nighty.i will just take it one day at a time

debbi

I didnt have to wear a corset either,just advised to buy tummy control pants from marks and spencer,but to be honest they were so uncomfy,I only wore them a few days,when I say that my tummy is still bulging a little,its nothing big and you cant see it in clothes it looks real flat,but it does go hard and soft several times a day,say if I have been sitting down to long with trousers on ,still cant wear jeans,not comfy at all,just buy thin pants,like cargo ones at the minute,or the soft velour ones from primark or wear skirts,but I must admit at the first oppurtunity I put my nighty on.

BabyGirl

Hi Kelley, how long ago was ur op? how long did u reckon the swelling lasted. I noticed a significant difference in my tummy b4 the surgery cos i haven't got that hanging fold, it's just that the tummy is sore, swollen and firm. i reckon it's still early days. Do u now have a flat tummy?

Kelley

I didn't wear any sort of corset and my tummy was, although a little swollen, was still flatter than pre op immediately. I can't remember the swelling lasting long at all.

gillc

Oh great stuff! I am having a DIEP reconstruction next month and was expecting to come home with 2 perfectly pert boobs and a tummy that resembles a sheet of MDF!!

What the heck is all this about a corset????

Yours-now in despair!!
Gill x

BabyGirl

swollen tummy after 9 months! when are we going to get the so called tummy tuck?

debbi

I am 9 months after the op and still have swollen tummy some days,it comes and goes,but we r warned of this before op,that u can get some bulging........

BabyGirl

Tummy still not flat

I was just wondering if anyone that had a DIEP reconstruction without wearing the corset still had swollen tummy 16 days post op. I asked the PS and he said it can take up to 3 months for the tummy to be flat. Am worried that it's really long. Will like to read from anyone that had similar surgery please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!