367510posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tumour Markers?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Tumour Markers?

mine, well one of them, ca125, has gone from 22 to 179, the others seem to stay around the 20 mark. I've been told they are OK, what does it mean, like you say, should it not be zero.

My high one is worrying everyone - which makes me wonder - do they really know anything about these things? It is not making me have any confidence and I am starting to get very worried.

I am due to have another MRI after the PET scan I had last week. So this has upset me, and the surgeon wants to see me re ovaries.

All depressing and upsetting, but then.......it's Breast Cancer and I should be allowed to forget I've got it I suppose...

K

My previous 3 were

23 (just after dx)

28 (after 3 chemo's)

26 (end of chemo)

strange?

Hi Peacock,

I've wondered the same thing, when having chemo and supposedly clear of cancer why isn't the tumour marker 0, mine has been 19 since I was diagnosed.

Tumour Markers?

I've just had mine done since last chemo and have since had mx and node clearance, and am in effect now "clear" of cancer.

My tumour marker is 18 - which I know is ok but it makes me wonder why there is a score at all, shouldn't it be 0?

Does anyone know the answer?