Tumour lysis.

Hi,lovely ladies,just got a copy of letter today from my onc to GP saying he thinks I have potential tumour lysis! The letter is from an appointment I had a while ago. He didn’t mention it on Thursday when we say him.
I’ve googled it and it got a bit scary!
Has anyone knowledge of this?
Hugs,Helen xxx

Hello,

I am a nurse and I always took the word lysis to mean death of something, such as a cell. So tumour lysis to me, means death of the tumour cell (s ). Not 100 % sure though.

Truddles xx

Hi Helen, I just read a wiki page, why do these things always turn up at the weekend. Are they monitoring you well before chemo? Checking your kidney function? Wiki and Google don’t tell the whole story, who is best to ask about this on Monday? GP? Don’t forget the letter says potential too so you may not have the condition. Try not to worry over the weekend. If I lived nearby I would bring my knitting, colouring books and some M and M’s over. Take Care. X

Hi helen. Sorry can be of no help but you were there for me and if I may say, you seem to be there for all of us thank you. Lots of big hugs and try not to worry. PS have started first cycle of cap and not impressed! Can’t remember feeling this rotten with previous two chemo’s. Take care you are an inspiration Ann xxx