Tumours in Lymphnode

Hi all …had my results on Thursday 21st August. Got all the cancer in my breast good margin.  But 2 lymphnode s were removed during the SenitolNodeBiopsy one clear other has 2 small tumours.  Consultant says probably will need chemo.  But this should be discussed with my oncologist.  Anyone else had this … how is the decision made …

Hi Nel,

It might help to talk this over with one of our Helpline staff.  They’ll be open again tomorrow after the bank Holiday. (9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays)  The number is 0808 800 6000.  They will be able to offer you practical information and emotional support.

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi Nel

Sorry to hear about your results.  I’m not sure if you know but your current post is in the secondaries part of the forum and, as the BC hasn’t spread beyond your lymph nodes you do not have secondaries - and hopfully never will.  Although we are all more than happy to help you, you may find more ladies experiencing the same dilemmas and worries under the ‘recently diagnosed’ section of the forum where most ladies with primary BC will post.

However, please feel free to post here, it’s just that some of our treatments are really different and you may get a bit worried about what we are having, or wondering why you are not having it!

Good luck with your treatment.

Nicky