Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type of breast cancer

3 REPLIES 3
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Type of breast cancer

she might have DCIS Maatectomy is usual treatment for DCIS which is a non invasive kind of cancer, often dotted aroung the breast and so needing mastectomy but because it is not invasive neither rads or chemo given. Sometimes DCIS occurs in both breasts or maybe your fireind has high risk factors which made the second mastectomy a good preventative measure. Usually DCIS has an excellent prognosis.

Why don't you ask? I hated the thought of aquaintances gossiping about me rather than asking me questions out right but thats probably just one of my quirky traits.

best wishes

Jane

Cherryred

ooo... not sure I dont really know of a "type" that dosent respond to chemo -but I know some people's cancer can respond less well than others, that's why if chemo is given before surgery the onc can see the response it has on the tumour.And I THINK some cancers like BRACA ones or Her 2 + ones respond better to taxols than anthracyclines. If I'm completely up the spout , someone will put me right!!

DruChurch

Type of breast cancer I have just heard that an acquaintance of mine has had a double mastectomy. Her husband says apparently she has a type of cancer which is unresponsive to chemo or radiotherapy but that luckily it has not spread anywhere else. What type of cancer would that be? I've not heard of one that does not respond to anything, or am I being thick? Don't want to pry as don't know them very well.

DruChurch

Type of breast cancer

Type of breast cancer