Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U Gotta Accentuate The Positive!

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Re: U Gotta Accentuate The Positive!

Haha feisty lady,

there you go again... :-) showing depth and breadth. I have been likened to Hyacinth for my lack of colourful language!

Back to the Animal Odd Couples - they too had a sense of humour as it features a Kudu persuring another - but not from his species... The Kudu is named Charles,,,, his intended (if he had his way) they called Camilla!

LL xx

Highlighted

Hi Lexilou

I like a challenge - in answer to your pondering about 'odd couples' to de-stress you - how about Hyacinth Bucket and Russell Brand?!

Highlighted

Hi All Smiley Happy

I've just got to share this. In the course of replying to a private message I responded to the question "what authors do you like"? I innocently listed their names. I've just gone back to check my 'sent' message and, how can I put this, I had included the name of a certain gentleman who was once the Queen Mother's favourite jockey and used to write very popular fast-paced thrillers about the racing world. Can you guess his name?  I'll tell you but I just know I'm going to be 'censored' yet again. Yes, I was referring to **bleep** Smiley EmbarassedFrancis!!!! It helps to have a GSOH on here. I've discovered you can have a lot of childish fun 'testing' our inbuilt forum censor. Smiley LOLWhich reminds me how I happily watched Captain Pugwash for years with my toddlers, blissfully unaware of all the double entendres it contained but in my defence I was very young and naive in those days.  As for the old television programme with the cook Fanny Craddock and her partner Johnny and the hilarity during the episode involving how to make donuts ...........

Highlighted

Hi all,

Something charming & heart melting....

I was watching this yesterday afternoon & loved it so much had to share... Animal Odd Couples on BBC1, soooo charming. Real heart warmer..... Shows cheesecake the Capybara mothering puppies; Kate the Great Dane playing with Pippin the wild deer; and orphaned rhino accompanied by sheep to destress them! I wonder what I would choose as an odd couple to destress me ?
A definate watch again on iplayer

LL xx

Highlighted

Hi there all Smiley Happy

I pinched this thread heading from a well-known song and in the lyrics the next line is "eliminate the negatives". I did quite a lot of serious thinking during the course of my treatment about ways to make the most of life from now on and there's a lot of sense in this song. I get bouts of shoulder pain now and again (query arthritis or repetitive strain) and today I thought to myself why on earth am I still doing hand-knitting as a hobby (hundreds of small repetitive movements putting a strain on my joints) when I can buy lovely machine-knitted jumpers in M&S? So the wool is going to be donated to the nearest (cancer) charity shop. Freedom from the tyranny of the clacking needles - hurray, yet another positive!  Some of you may remember the television series The Forsyte Saga and Susan Hampshire chanting "every day in every way I'm getting better and better" - not sure if it works but what the hell it's worth a try. That's going to be my "latch on to the affirmative".

Highlighted

Ohhh yes ,,, we have Mama Mia on tv tonight,,, hairbrushes, dodgy moves & vocals (mine not theirs) at the ready :-D
Highlighted

You know what ladies, I keep a 'to cheer-me-up scrapbook' (an A4 folder with plastic pockets in it) and I fill it with interesting things cut out of newspapers and magazines like those beautiful photos they publish sometimes of glowing sunsets, or hayfields in the Autumn, or some of the really funny cartoons by Mac or Pugh, or Kirsty Allsop's Christmas craft makes... you can put anything at all in it, whatever floats your boat. I take mine out and flick through it when I feel a bit down (which admittedly isn't often nowadays) to remind me of all the good things in life. 

Highlighted

Its those Love Bombs,,,, too sensitive any you have triggered a meltdown. They will find some super reinforced mainframe not to contain you,,,, just ""cope "" with you and your enthusiasms for the 3Ls... Love, Life and Laughter. In fact you even showed the way by sticjing an L onto your name....
Will start a petition for your reinstatement in full if not resolved. Hang in.there fiesty woman, your public needs you. When on my "big" computer will try another pmto you
Highlighted

Hi feistyfloral

I am sorry that you are having problems now, I have sent your message on to our manager to see if we can restore everything for you

Best wsihes

Lucy BCC

Highlighted

Hi Lexilou

I'm still having teething problems with the new forum, all my private messages have disappeared (sent and received) apparently I am friendless nowSmiley Sad so apologies to you and others who may have wondered why I haven't replied to them Smiley Frustrated I wonder if anyone else is having similar problems?

The Flora Love Bomb explodes,,,, defo gonna.be part of this revolution...

FiestyFlora - You are fabulous with your zest for life and love. Sending a love bomb right back to you, snd carryung this mission on today too.

Big smiles and warm hugs,

LL xx
Highlighted

Hi strawbs

My apologies, you sent me a message but I wasn't able to access it under my old moniker (I am obviously a computer illiterate) my 'new' name has an 'l' on the end of it as you will see.  Can I be a nuisance and ask you to re-send it to me please?  I haven't got the hang of this new site yet! 

Highlighted

Perfect timing. Awake feeling rubbish with back pain (booster jabs fun!) and was about to start feel sort for myself!

Ditto on weight...its going, want to keep it up.

My amazing network of support. Husband, family friends and work who are getting me through this. Love ❤ them.

Also, knowing I'm beating this crap. Tumor, gone. Chemo to make sure it doesn't come back...50% done and counting. I'm fighting and I'm winning.

Oh and the ability to get ready so quick now....nohairnoproblem!!
Highlighted

1.  mmm thanks to the combined treatments and hubby's cooking, I actually put on weight - BUT thanks to being talked into running the Race for Life, that has all come off now!

4.  Yes I also love my new hair - I had (strawberryblond) locks tumbling down my back which I was loathe to cut but chemo took matters into her hands and YES, I too love the new hair.  Chemo also gave me some blonder highlights (never had high lights before) and they look rather good!

6.  my happy stuff - it has to be the army of wonderful women I have met on this little detour (sorry, I don't like the word journey, journies are fun things one explores brochures for - going to Egypt, Peru or Australia).  I have come into contact with the most supportive of women in the places I never expected to find

strawbs

Highlighted

U Gotta Accentuate The Positive!

Hi Girlies Smiley Happy wakey, wakey!

No offence but its getting a tad 'dull' on here so I thought I'd start a new thread. There can be joy after cancer and I've been thinking about how I've found new lease of life after going through the 'cancer mill' (unpleasant though it was). Here's my list of 'happy stuff' - add yours to it.  

1) Losing weight, no effort (thanks chemo) Smiley Happy.  

2) Got more energy due to less weight Smiley Happy

3) Got a new zest for life due to 2)

4) I actually like my 'new' hair!  Smiley Surprised

5) I talk to strangers more Smiley Happy

Re. 5) I was in a cafe and I was staring at a young man.  He looked back at me in a really hostile way (there's a lesson here - never 'assume' that you know what someone is thinking!)  Anyway, I said to him "Wow, I love your outfit, you look really stylish" (because that was what I was thinking and I always blurt out exactly what I'm thinking now, unless it is hurtful or rude because that isn't kind).  In a millisecond his whole expression changed and he gave me a big beaming smile!!! In fact, that's my new resolution, I'm going to give people as many compliments as possible (they must be genuine of course, not just to butter people up) - gonna Love-Bomb the world!!!!