U Gotta Accentuate The Positive!

Hi Girlies :smileyhappy: wakey, wakey!

No offence but its getting a tad ‘dull’ on here so I thought I’d start a new thread. There can be joy after cancer and I’ve been thinking about how I’ve found new lease of life after going through the ‘cancer mill’ (unpleasant though it was). Here’s my list of ‘happy stuff’ - add yours to it.  

1. Losing weight, no effort (thanks chemo) :smileyhappy:.  

2) Got more energy due to less weight :smileyhappy:. 

1. Got a new zest for life due to 2)

2. I actually like my ‘new’ hair!  :smileysurprised:

3. I talk to strangers more :smileyhappy:

Re. 5) I was in a cafe and I was staring at a young man.  He looked back at me in a really hostile way (there’s a lesson here - never ‘assume’ that you know what someone is thinking!)  Anyway, I said to him “Wow, I love your outfit, you look really stylish” (because that was what I was thinking and I always blurt out exactly what I’m thinking now, unless it is hurtful or rude because that isn’t kind).  In a millisecond his whole expression changed and he gave me a big beaming smile!!! In fact, that’s my new resolution, I’m going to give people as many compliments as possible (they must be genuine of course, not just to butter people up) - gonna Love-Bomb the world!!!

1.  mmm thanks to the combined treatments and hubby’s cooking, I actually put on weight - BUT thanks to being talked into running the Race for Life, that has all come off now!

1.  Yes I also love my new hair - I had (strawberryblond) locks tumbling down my back which I was loathe to cut but chemo took matters into her hands and YES, I too love the new hair.  Chemo also gave me some blonder highlights (never had high lights before) and they look rather good!

1.  my happy stuff - it has to be the army of wonderful women I have met on this little detour (sorry, I don’t like the word journey, journies are fun things one explores brochures for - going to Egypt, Peru or Australia).  I have come into contact with the most supportive of women in the places I never expected to find

strawbs

Perfect timing. Awake feeling rubbish with back pain (booster jabs fun!) and was about to start feel sort for myself!

Ditto on weight…its going, want to keep it up.

My amazing network of support. Husband, family friends and work who are getting me through this. Love :heart: them.

Also, knowing I’m beating this crap. Tumor, gone. Chemo to make sure it doesn’t come back…50% done and counting. I’m fighting and I’m winning.

Oh and the ability to get ready so quick now…nohairnoproblem!!

The Flora Love Bomb explodes, defo gonna.be part of this revolution…

FiestyFlora - You are fabulous with your zest for life and love. Sending a love bomb right back to you, snd carryung this mission on today too.

Big smiles and warm hugs,

LL xx

Hi feistyfloral

I am sorry that you are having problems now, I have sent your message on to our manager to see if we can restore everything for you

Best wsihes

Lucy BCC

Its those Love Bombs, too sensitive any you have triggered a meltdown. They will find some super reinforced mainframe not to contain you, just ""cope “” with you and your enthusiasms for the 3Ls… Love, Life and Laughter. In fact you even showed the way by sticjing an L onto your name…
Will start a petition for your reinstatement in full if not resolved. Hang in.there fiesty woman, your public needs you. When on my “big” computer will try another pmto you

Ohhh yes , we have Mama Mia on tv tonight, hairbrushes, dodgy moves & vocals (mine not theirs) at the ready :smiley:

Hi there all :smileyhappy:

I pinched this thread heading from a well-known song and in the lyrics the next line is “eliminate the negatives”. I did quite a lot of serious thinking during the course of my treatment about ways to make the most of life from now on and there’s a lot of sense in this song. I get bouts of shoulder pain now and again (query arthritis or repetitive strain) and today I thought to myself why on earth am I still doing hand-knitting as a hobby (hundreds of small repetitive movements putting a strain on my joints) when I can buy lovely machine-knitted jumpers in M&S? So the wool is going to be donated to the nearest (cancer) charity shop. Freedom from the tyranny of the clacking needles - hurray, yet another positive!  Some of you may remember the television series The Forsyte Saga and Susan Hampshire chanting “every day in every way I’m getting better and better” - not sure if it works but what the hell it’s worth a try. That’s going to be my “latch on to the affirmative”.