ULTRASOUND APPOINTMENT

I’ve been sent one for Dec 21st, but I spoke to my breast care nurse for the first time in about 2 years this morning and she has said she will try to get it brought forward if possible. She’s told me if anything shows up on it I will be told there and then.

To reassure me she’s said it was good the mammo was clear; also the ultrasound wasn’t booked as an emergency, more a routine thing (had it been classed as an emergency it would have been done at the breast clinic asap). She’s of the opinion it’s more to do with the fact I wasn’t given an appointment last year as they didn’t see year 4 ladies, so it was 2 years since the Consultant had examined my breasts. She said it might even be on account of breast changes due to being post menopausal, plus where I had rads was rock hard for ages and this has now worn off and is just in one small area. She did also say that for most ladies the last few months of remission is the worst.

I had a massive row with OH on Saturday, he feels because I’ve been worried about getting to the end of the 5 years for months now that it’s taking over my life a bit and he has said he thinks I’m in danger of developing slight agoraphobia as I’m not going out as much as usual (for instance I haven’t been to the gym or yoga for nearly a month, keep making excuses about being too busy). I shouted at him that we do actually run the business from home,but anyway it ended up with me saying how dare he speak to me like that and being in floods of tears - this is very out of my character btw, I am just not a weepy person. Getting to the end of this year feels like torture at the moment!

To make matters worse I’ve just had a Christmas card this morning from a friend down in London telling me her father has sadly died, so I’m feeling really selfish now as she’s spending Christmas going through all his stuff. Her mum died of BC when she was at university.