cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPPER ARM PAIN - TAMOXIFEN?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: UPPER ARM PAIN - TAMOXIFEN?

Hi I wondered if you were overcompensating with the 'good' arm rather than use the cancer side arm.  I have also had a pain in the good arm when carrying as I dont want to carry on the other side and get a terrible ache in the arm pit.  It was like having an orange stuck there so after a couple of times getting this I now carry and sometimes too much on the other side and being on Tamoxifen with elbow joint pain I have had some shooting pains down that arm or some throbbing.  Once I rest that arm I am ok again.  Just a thought and hope you find a solution soon.  I have just finished Tamoxifen and understand how awful it can be so I wish you all the best for speedy recovery to 5 years. xx

Highlighted

UPPER ARM PAIN - TAMOXIFEN?

Hello everyone, I don't post much on the forum anymore, but I do still "lurk".I am posting to see if anyone has any experience or similar symptoms to me (as I feel sometimes i am going crazy!) Brief history: Dx July 2012, chemo, ER+ node +, full axilla clearance left arm, left mx + recon , officially finished active treatment May 2013. I have mild lymphodema in left arm and i wear a sleeve.   I am now 45, borderline menopausal (thanks  chemo!) and have been on Tamoxifen approx one year. Tamoxifen really doesn't agree with me at all -numerous aches / pains, bloating, nausea, etc etc etc.  i had a ct scan /bone scan + mammo done Feb this year - all clear. Since April /beginning May I have had persistent pain /ache in my upper right arm (Non cancer side) some days its there all the time others it comes and goes.  Seen GP recently and had blood tests. - all clear.  Wondered if anyone experiencing similar pain whilst onTamoxifen or going through menopause?  I don't want to bother my consultant again, especially as all recent scans clear.  Not sure if it is muscular or bone pain - it just hurts.  Any advice gratefully received. Thank you.