US results shows BIRAD 3. I am Scared. Help!

Hi, I am a 19 year old girl and I have just gotten back my Ultrasound test results. This is what it says.

Conclusion

There are a few benign appearing breast nodules bilaterally which are probably fibroadenomas. These nodules may be followed up sonographically in 6 months time to assess for interval stability.

No definite suspicious sonogrpahic mass lesion is identified bilaterally.

May need further action

BIRADS 3- Probably benign finding. Initial short-interval follow up suggested.

From my knowledge, I do not have a family history of breast cancer. My doctor told me that Birads 3 has a 5% chance of being malignant and I have to go for further ultrasound scan. I am seriously freaking out right now. Even teared at the clinic. Although it sounds as if it is mostly going to be alright, 5% is still a large %. I am really afraid that I might have breast cancer and have my breasts removed. Just the thought of it makes me want to cry again.

Can someone ( Preferably a professional) please give me another opinion? What does the description in the results really mean? Is there really a possibility that it is breast cancer?

Thank you

Hi 

I am not a professional but there is a helpline on here I think would be helpful for you to talk to. 

I amsure the doctors would not be so casual about it all if they suspected something sinister. They can tell a lot with an ultrsound so try to relax a bit. Easier said than done I know but honestly, it sounds like you are in good hands and being looked after. 

Hope this helps, please ring the help line for some assurances and comfort. 

Sending love

Lorna x