Ugly scar after lumpectomy turning in on its self?

Hi I just wondered if anyone else can give me some idea of what my scar should be looking like now?

I had a lumpectomy to my right breast and armpit done on the armpit side of my breast at the top.  I had to have it redone due to not getting clear margins, after the first surgery the surgeon said my scar needed ‘releasing’ anyway as it was very puckerd, I assumed that meant that the actualy scar line was clinging to the breast material underneath which is pretty much what it looked like

So I had the 2nd surgery to get clear margins and sure enough the scar line seemed much less ugly and not stuck to underneath tissue but as time has passed ( I had sugery 3/4 weeks ago) the scar looks to have reattached again?  Is this usual? my scar looks as though the two sides of drawn together skin are turning inwards so there is not line to see just the kind of crevice that you would need to pull apart to see where the cut was.

I start radium on Monday so dont want to reoperate just yet but can anyone tell me if this sounds normal and if I need to do anything about it, it is pretty ugly but I can live with it if I have to

thanks

X

Hi Andreaj,
I hope you are well. I too had to have a second surgery because of unclean margins. The first time, the scar was a nice smooth line. Now the scar is exactly how you described yours, a crevice, skin caving inward and it is even hard alongside the incision. I am wondering how everything with that turned out for you. Did the scar remain? I am thinking about plastic surgery. I need to do radiation too (and I heard that further changes the shape and consistency of the breast tissue. I am looking forward to your response.

Hi ladybowler. Yes- I can start radiation. I am still wondering what to do about this ugly scar. I believe that I must decide quickly because after radiation my options will be limited: