cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultrasound guided Core Biopsy Today

8 REPLIES 8
Zuleika

Re: Ultrasound guided Core Biopsy Today

Bonnie, I have been in your position. I had 3 breast bookies and 2 in the armpit. Then I had WLE and SNB, the lymph was clear, despite the ultrasound showing a lump and the biopsies. So there is hope from that part. I'm now waiting for mx and reconstruction then Tamoxifen.
I would echo the other posts and say, for me the waiting was the worst. It sounds weird, but when they said it was cancer, it was a relief, as i knew what the plan was.
Best wisheZ
Zuleika

Biopsies !!! Predictive txt !
Trisha_51

Hi Bonnie so sorry you've had to join our club but you'll find us a very friendly lot. Keeping yourself busy is definitely the way to go. Make sure you have some treats as well, days out, coffee and cakes with friends and of course lots of chocolate! I know it's easy for me to tell you that things do get better but they really do. Once you have a treatment plan you will feel much more in control. It's not an easy journey but is definitely doable. I'm over 6 months post diagnosis, have had WLE, SNB (no node involvement so no need for chemo) 15 sessions of rads and am now on Anastrozole for 5 years. I'm not the same as I was last year but I'm quite happy with the 'new me'. I do have the odd wobble (I'm only human) but generally I 'm fine. Do keep posting, ask any questions -none will be silly or too trivial- cry, rant or moan we will be here to listen and lend support. Hope everything goes well with your treatment, whatever that turns out to be, and keep us up to date with how you're doing. Best wishes Pat x
Bonnie8862

Thank you for your replies.
I should have made it clear in my original post that both lumps were confirmed as cancerous last week after FNA 's .
I have googled and wished I hadn't but there you go done now I learnt the hard way.
Paged - was a long appointment but done now .
trisha51 - you are dead right it does highlight the need for viligance even after nn all clear from a mamogramme . I cannot believe how quick this thing seemed to come up And in two places. I pray the nodes are clear I am so worried its so hard . How people deal with the waiting I don't know. I am keeping busy but my running is on hold for a day or two following the biopsy ..
powerjen

Hi when I went for the ultrasound biopsy I was told there and then it was most likely to be cancer, the biopsy confirmed this. They knew by how it looked on the scan, hope you have good news, the waiting is the worst bit x

Trisha_51

Hi bonnie, your post highlights the need for vigilance even after having the "all clear" from a routine mammogram. Not all lumps etc. show up on mammograms. I was diagnosed with BC in Jan this year, yet had a routine mammogram the previous April which had come back as normal. You are in one of the most difficult of places, the waiting room, at the moment. Please resist the urge to google, there are lots of out of date and plain inaccurate sites out there which will scare you half to death. Stay on this site or Macmillan. Keep posting and let us know how you get on. Hopefully you won't be joining our exclusive but very friendly and supportive club. Best wishes Pat x
paged

Hello Bonnie8862,
That sounds like a long appointment. I can't comment on the likelihood of cancer or calcifications, but thinkig of you and hope it goes well.
Deborah
Janet_BCC

Dear Bonnie8862

Welcome to the forum. As well as the support you will receive on here from fellow members you might also find it helpful to talk to one of our helpliners. They can offer you practical information and emotional support. Opening times are 10-2 tomorrow and 9-5 on weekdays. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Bonnie8862

Ultrasound guided Core Biopsy Today

I was told I had two lumps last week in the same breast 1x 1.5cm and 1 x 3 cm .
went today to have the ultrasound guided core biopsy and the lady took three samples from one lump all went fine . She then found ' irregular' pattern to the cortex of the lymph node and took three samples from this . The largest lump was a bit tricky as it was so so hard 'like a stone she said' however we got there in the end and all done now waiting for results.

has anyone had such a hard lump could it be calcification ? I am 51 with no history in my family of breast cancer and this came about very quick had a mamogramme last August and they did not call me back So assume all ok.
thanks for reading