Under-wired Bras - anyone told a no no

i saw my surgeon this week which is almost 12 months after my second WLE and full auxiliary node clearance. He said I shouldn’t be wearing under wired bras, I thought soft bras were only for after surgery not long term.

anyone else been told the same and given reason why - I forgot to ask him the reason why.

Hi Bondgirl, no - I’ve never been told not to wear them (mx and implant 2012) however I have days when wired bras are very uncomfortable. I found some lovely non wired bras online (not supposed to name names on here so message me if you want th details) which are so pretty as  well as comfy.

Hello Bondgirl

I’ve not been advised against underwired bras, when I see my breastcare team I’ve already removed my bra anyway.  Must admit I don’t wear a bra all day at home - find it more comfortable that way.I have found the post-mastectomy bras with pockets feel very heavy on the side with the insert in, and I wear M&S memory foam ones for “going out”.  I shall certainly ask at my next checkup but I would have thought it was OK as long as it didn’t “dig in” the wrong spot.

Best wishes, Poppyj

i was told by my surgeon that once healed that I could wear anytype of bra including underwired.  I went for a bra fitting and was advised by the fitter that the underwired bra’s actually cut into my breast flesh so it was best for me to avoid them.  I do have a couple that I wear when I go out for a couple of hours but during the day and general day to day i wear soft comfortable bra’s.  I am big busted though so that might make a difference ie 38E/F .   

Thanks everyone, think my surgeon is being over protective but will wear soft non wired daytime and sexy ones for going out xx

I was told I could wear under wire bras 8 weeks post DIEP.in fact,it was 7,as so fed up with wearing mastectomy bras for a year…felt great!