cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninterested breast clinic Dr help ?

9 REPLIES 9
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Uninterested breast clinic Dr help ?

That is rubbish treatment. What is the matter with some professionals. In their line of work you would think they would be trained in delivering news even if they were unable to perform what they should have on the day, there are ways of delivering this message. 

I have to do this in my line of work every day, watch what I say, how I say it. If I didn't I would lose my job.

I hope you get some answers soon.

xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Mary32, I think I will try phoning both Hospitals in them morning.

I have phoned the hospital where I went for tests (but as you know didn't get any) 5 times and left message which I have not had a reply to 😕

I think I may ring PALS as well. I have just been looking at the reviews for the clinic on the hospitals website and there awful 😞 

mary32

Hi Trinitymel

I think at this point I would go on the offensive and insist on some action.Contact the breast clinic, the other hospital where the doc said you might have the ultrasound. Stamp your feet and have a tantrum!

Mary

Guest user
Not applicable

Well I finally got to see me GP today and he was not impressed with my treatment at the clinic, and really not happy that I'm still waiting for a ultrasound scan 😕 said he would do his best to hurry it up, but as it wasn't him that referd me there, that there is only so much he can do 😞 He did say to go back at the end of the week if I haven't heard any thing 😞 so still in pain feeling ignored and badly treated, stuck in limbo land not sure what to do 

hope all you ladys are doing well xxx

mary32

Hello

What about a big hug this morning?

Thinking of you.

Mary

Guest user
Not applicable

Still no appontment for the ultrsound and I cannot get in to the drs till next week 😞 realy could do with a hug today.

Magical_Moon

Hello TrinityMel,
Your experience with the doctor at the breast clinic is very unfortunate. No wonder you still have concerns.
Waiting for investigations is the most difficult time anyway without having to deal with your current symptoms too.
I think you are doing the right thing getting another appointment with your GP. Hopefully your GP will be able to see you sooner rather than later.
Good luck.
Wishing you well.
M
Guest user
Not applicable

Yes I have a sometime white some time pink (bloody) discharge but not all the time. Nothing today.

I think that the normal procedure is to do an ultra sound ( I'm to young for a mammogram but he said the radiologist was off sick,)

I know its unlikely to be cancer but I expected to be checked properly and I have a high pain threshold but I'm in agony to the point where the pain has been so bad that I have threw up.

I have already waited 3 weeks for an emergency appointment I would go private but I just cannot afford it.

I think I will make an appointment with my GP in the morning.

Thanks for your reply x

mary32

Hi

I'm so sorry you have not been reassured by the doctor. I would not have been either in the circumstances. 

Perhaps you could go back to your gp and discuss whether this is the usual approach at the breast clinic. Where I am they would normally do mammogram and ultrasound then possibly a biopsy if anything shows up.

Are you getting a discharge from your nipple? I would have thought that it should not be ignored.

Take care.

Mary

Guest user
Not applicable

Uninterested breast clinic Dr help ?

Well I feel like my appointment was a joke 😞 the dr prodded both breasts a couple of times, and said there was nothing wrong, He also the lumps on my ribs are not there ! (the nurse at my GP's spotted them when I told her I had pain in that area. As she did a proper breast exam)

He told me that any discharge was from the mastitis I had in the past, which was 8 years ago 😕 ( I breastfed another child for two years with no problems between them and now ?) and the rash from my bra rubbing (never has before and its fitted properly)

He said I need an ultra sound but there was no one to scan me today so I would have to wait for an appointment  at my local hospital.

He was not interested that I'm in a lot of pain, witch is making sleeping impossible. And when I said I had lost my appetite he just said that happens as you get older, I'm 31! My mum asked why I needed an ultra sound if there was nothing wrong and he just looked at us blankly and said it will be in a little time and they will look at the address and send you to Hartlepool. I was still to shocked from the lack of a proper exam to ask any thing.

Although friendly he seemed to be totally uninterested, should I go back to my GP or just wait for the ultrasound? I don't feel reassured at all. I think I was in shock at the time but now I cannot stop crying 😞 I feel like I'm back a square one in the waiting game.