cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsure About This...

4 REPLIES 4
Paulie652010

Re: Unsure About This...

Hi taxemic so sorry to hear about your wife, me and my partner found out on Tuesday this week to say we are devastated is an understatement plus she's also got NHL ( non Hodgkin's lymphoma) so tough times ahead all I can say is be there when she needs you and also space when she needs it. It's a big shock for anyone but with all our support and love our partners will beat this.
Keep strong x
ann-m
Community Champion

Hi Taxemic

The helpline will be able to listen, advise & signpost, so it might be an idea to ring & talk things through.

I take it your partner is having chemo as well, so do look at the chemo threads & maybe she could join the monthly chemo thread, so that she & you can chat to others going through it at the same time.

You sound great & the fact that you are looking at how best to support her, means you will both get through this.

ann x

Taxemic

Thank you Ann. How can the helpline provide support for me? I'm scared of not being able to cope with everything at home on my own.
ann-m
Community Champion

Hi Taxemic,

Welcome to the forum, but sorry that you find yourselves here, diagnosis is such a shock. There is loads of support here from those of us at the stage you're at now, as well as those of us further down the line & out the other side, so do look at the other threads & do come & chat whenever you're both ready to.

If you haven't already, do look at the main site, where there's loads of info in all aspects of going through this, including for partners & family, as well as the helpline - number at the top of the page. 

wishing you both the very best,

ann x

Taxemic

Unsure About This...

Hi Everybody...I'm as new to this forum as I am breast cancer but sadly I'm about to learn an incredible amount very fast. As I'm sure with most if not all partners of cancer sufferers I don't even know where to start. Overwhelmed just doesn't even come close.

So my story is that on Monday my partner (who is 30) was diagnosed with Grade 3 Invasive Ductal Cancer. The tumor is just shy of 5cm and as we understand so far it has spread to at least one lymph node. Please forgive any spelling mistakes I make.

I'm unsure about this forum at the moment but I guess I would like the opportunity to talk to people in the same place as us as at the moment we feel very secluded and alone. Niether of us know how to come to terms with it and I suppose that makes us sound so nieve. 

But for now I just thought I'd make my first post and see where it takes me. We've got so many appointments and things to deal with but now I'm going to have a read through and learn about other peoples stories too.

My partner has started a blog of her journey for anyone interested, you can read that at www.myjourneyat30.com

Regards