Update: bad news

39 REPLIES 39
Highlighted

Re: Update: bad news

Fingers crossed for you Jane.
love shirl X

Highlighted

Jane.... I am so, so sorry to hear your news. I hope that you will very soon get confirmation that this is a regional recurrence - and not as bad as you fear. I have only just seen your post....and was very shocked . I know that you've always thought 'it' might come back, but the longer the NED went on the more hopeful Juliet and I were feeling. Guess it is typical of cancer that can lull you into false sense of security. Anyway, just wanted to send you all Juliet's and my love and support. You have been a real beacon for us....

with love,

Sharon

Highlighted

Hi Jane,

I don't come onto these forums that much any more - I've been trying to stay away since all of my treatment and surgery has finished.

I was devastated to read your post when I popped in earlier today - just wanted you to know that I too am thinking of you and hoping the news is as good as it possibly can be today.

With lots of love
Sue
x

Highlighted

Hey Jane! I don't check these forums much these days but I know you do - Jane I just wanted to say I'm really sorry. I can imagine how you feel or how I would feel and so I hope you'll contact me if I can help in any way.

Highlighted

Oh Jane.. Jane

Sorry.. just caught up with this news as ive been away for a week..

I'm really sorry to hear your news.. heres hoping that its a regional recurrence and that it can be zapped with some more chemo..

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are going on..

thinking of you.. my heart goes out to you

jakki
x

Highlighted

Sorry to hear the bad news Thinking of you, you are always such a tower of strength and information to those of us who are triple negative. Wish I could be more help to you. Best wishes

Lisa

Highlighted

Very sorry, Jane to hear this news. I have been following your posts since I first joined and value any information regarding research and new treatments on bc you pass on to us. I hope you get better news soon and will keep fingers crossed. I will be thinking of you and sending positive vilbes.

Highlighted

Thinking of you Thinking of you Jane, with fingers tightly crossed.

Catfan xxx

Highlighted

Hi Jane Hi Jane,

Thanks for posting your news. The alternating between hope and fear must be pretty tiring right now and I know that there is no way round these feelings.

I'll definitely be thinking of you next Tuesday and will metaphorically keep my fingers (and toes) crossed.

With very best wishes,

Sue

Highlighted

thinking of you. thinking about you xxxsuzee

Highlighted

Fingers crossed... Fingers crossed for you, Jane... xx

Julie
xx

Highlighted

Jane So sorry to hear about your recurrence, since I started posting on this site I have been anazed at your knowledge, and also the support and hope you give to everyone. Thinking of you today

Hugs

Marge

xx

Highlighted

thinking of you love sharonx

Highlighted

Hi Jane,

I'm sorry to hear about your recurrance. You seem like such a strong woman and I hope you come through the other side of this as strong as before.
Carla x

Highlighted

Thinking of you Jane,

It is our turn to be supportive of you. You have given much advice to others and are so well informed about BC. I sincerely hope that this is just a recurrence.

Margaret

Highlighted

keeping fingers crossed for you, Hi Jane
just wanted to echo what everyone else has said. When I was dx 2 yrs ago and made my first posting on this site, you were one of the first to reply, reading your wise words made me so much better, and since then I have kept an eye out for your posts and followed them.

I am saddened to hear of this recent diagnosis and I can only hope that you have no further spread.

For being someone in cyberworld Jane you have certainly touched alot of people and I am one of them, I wish you all the very best.

Lorri xx

Highlighted

keeping everything crossed for you Jane and thinking of you

Panda

Highlighted

Bad News Hello Jane

I am absolutely gutted for you, I follow your posts with great interest, just want to let you know i'm thinking of you and will keep everything crossed for the results of your scans.

Lots of love and best wishes
Lesley x

Highlighted

wishing you the best Dear Jane

Just logged in to find out your news - I am so sorry it was not good. I will think of you on Tuesday.

With love

Sarah

Highlighted
Community Manager

Crossing our fingers for you Jane Dear Jane

All of us on the Breast Cancer Care moderation team would like also to say sorry you have had this news and we are all crossing our fingers for your results on Tuesday. The response from the other forum members shows how much your contributions are valued on these forums. Your informative and supportive posts have given so much help to others over the past few years and we hope that you will be taking some strength and comfort to know so many forum members are now there for you.

Best wishes

The Breast Cancer Care moderators and hosts

Highlighted

We went through our first chemo together - we were both on AC and shared some of our experiences then. Since then I have 'progressed' and am currently undergoing a course of taxotere. You're very much in my thoughts at this stressful time and I hope the news is as good as it can be.

Highlighted

Dear Jane

I am so sorry that you are back on the roller coaster. You have always been an enormous support to so many of us in so many different ways I hope that we can support you over the coming days, weeks and months.

You are a truely amazing person and I just so wish this wasn't happening to you.

Thinking of you and sending you love and warm wishes,

Becks and gang
xxxxxx

Highlighted

Jane So sorry to hear your bad news. Really hope the scans are clear.
I can only imagine how difficult this is to deal with.

Thinking of you
Kim

Highlighted

So sorry to hear this Jane. We have "spoken" quite a few times, though not recently. I was diagnosed about the same time as you and also like you I was given a poor prognosis because of loads of nodes. I just logged in today to put out my own question and was devastated to see your post...........

Highlighted

Dear Jane

I am so sorry that you are having to face up to all this again. I joined this rotten club shortly after you, although I don't post much I have followed your story with interest.

I really hope that things are not as black as they seem to you at the moment. I guess we are all thinking 'there but for the grace of God go I!'

Please let us know how you get on - I will be thinking of you.

Di

Highlighted

Jane I was so sorry to hear the result of your test. I hope you get all the information and emotional support you need here - as you have helped so many others, including me, over the past few years.
Thinking of you, and hoping for good news from your scan,
Ellie

Highlighted

recurrence I know that you will deal with whatever the outcome is but oh how I wish you didn't have to! Wishing you the very best x

Highlighted

Thinking of you Jane and hopeing you get some good news soon. Josie x

So sorry Jane

I am sorry to read about your recurrence. I sincerely hope that it turns out to be "only" regional.

I can only remotely imagine how you must be feeling right now. Your posts are always so honest, informative and interesting. I hope you can draw support from this site and the other site right now as you have always offered so much support to others.

You are very much in my thoughts.

Love

bjj xx

Highlighted

Words fail me....... Jane

I cannot express how sorry I was to hear your results. I was diagnosed 3 months later then you were and am always expecting bad news because of my poor prognosis.

I have always followed your posts because they are so interesting, honest and you are a very articulate lady. You have helped many people with your posts and I hope that you are able to continue for a long time to come.

I imagine you must feel just like you did when you were first diagnosed - completely and utterly devastated. Just to say that I have always said that if I have a recurrence I will have no further treatment as I want to enjoy my life whilst I am feeling well and able. Just remember we do have options!

This disease is such a b******!

Keep strong Jane you are doing really well under the most difficult circumstance. You are in my thoughts.

Love and lots of hugs
Joanx

Please keep us updated.

Highlighted

Sorry Hi Jane

Im really sorry to hear your news...i cant believe after 3+ years its reared its ugly head again...this disease is absolutely awfull...you must be shocked..

Wishing you good results from your CT scan and Bone scan...

Julie
x

Highlighted

Dear Jane

Just to say I've been thinking about you a lot recently and will continue to do so as you wait for yet more results. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that your scans are clear.

Meanwhile.......take care.

Jo

Highlighted

Dear Jane, thinking of you. Belinda.xx

Highlighted

Jane

So sorry to hear your news. Hoping very much that it's only a regional recurrence and not a secondary spread.

I shall be thinking about you. Take care
Anthi

Highlighted

Fingers and everything else crossed I have been thinking about you alot today. I am sorry that you have had a regional recurrence and have everything crossed that there is no secondary spread on top off it.

I have put it in my diary to check the forum. Next Tuesday is the day when I go to see the surgical team for a routine followup, so it will be on my mind.

This has really affected me, even though I am pretty optimistic about my own odds now. Cancer Research UK called right after your last post and boy was I a soft touch. They said they were planning on doubling the number of trials and I am a sucker for a clinical trial right now. Been buying alot of eggs, too, since one of my neighbours sells them to raise money for Cancer Research (lovely fresh free ranges ones). And I will be putting lots of stuff out in the CRUK door to door collection on Wednesday. I am even thinking of donating my computer time to 'Compute Against Cancer" grid instead of the World Community Grid (even though I have alot of points racked up with the World Community Grid). Compute Against Cancer seems to offer cold hard cash to nonprofits whose members donate computer time, so Breast Cancer Care might want to take note!

It is just so unfair that you finally started to feel more optimistic and this happens. Take good care of yourself.

Christine

Highlighted

dear Jane so sorry Dear Jane

I had feared the worst but what can you do? Soldier on and get the best quality of life you can regardless of whether it is a regional recurrence or more. I hope it's regional - good luck with the scans and I hope they are not painful.

I am flying to the united states tomorrow but will try and log on as I am staying with a friend.

Mole

Highlighted

So sorry about the news, and here's hoping that it is NOT what you fear.

Highlighted

Hello Jane Am really really sorry to read your news - its just s**t.

Keeping my fingers crossed that all your scans will be clear...the wait is awful - hang in there.

xxx

Highlighted

Update: bad news Thanks again everyone who responded to my last post, and those of you who've e-mailed me through the other site or from way back when we could contact each other through this site.

I have a cancer recurrence in my chest wall and clavicle lymph nodes. Had a CT scan today and will have bone scan on Weds...results of these next Tuesday. I'm hoping this is 'just' regional recurrence and not secondary spread as well...fearing the worse but hoping for the best. Whichever it will be more chemo.

Feeling pretty exhausted right now... a kaleidoscope of emotions and thoughts. But you all know that and its this sense of connection in cyber space which helps so much.

Jane

Highlighted