1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update from suew

Re: Update from suew

Mygel

You could always blame it on the anaesthetic and that you didnt know what you were doing 🙂 🙂

Helena xx

Sue

It was someone who said about the sleep spray, I use lavendar essence oil which I rub on the edge of pillow when I need it, it works but it is strong!!

Woo hoo nearly home time, mind you I hope you have a big brolley it is absolutely persisting out there, just as I start my annual leave 😞 hey ho I will just have to find indoor things to do for now

Helena xxx

I got dreamcream because sleepy was sold out x I also bought boots botanic sleep spray I think it was Helena recommended that but haven't tried it yet as only got it Wednesday wished I had dream cream or lavender spray last night x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Hate having cannula out !!!
Jill1998
Community Champion

I tried Sleepy but found the smell too overpowering .Tried 2 Valerian tablets - 1 had no effect, 2 made me feel sick but not sleepy -back to the drawing board !!! Awake at 2am last night !!! An hour earlier than usual !!!

Nurse just check drain and wound said all looks good just waiting for doctor can wait to have canula out I hate them x

Jill did you try sleepy hope you managed to sleep x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Nice to see you out the other side Sue and hopefully not in too much discomfort .How frustrating to have your stuff locked up when you have a long night to fill !! Hope they let you home today -hospital days drag .

Thank you Cathy x

Another step forward, Sue.  Thinking of you.

😂😂😂😂😂 Sue ........... I'm all mouth and no trousers lol so no alibi needed 😆😂😆😂 Just massively greatful to be getting home today. Can't wait to curl up on my sofa and chill with tea on tap! Hope you get out sooner rather than later ....... it's like getting a 'get out of jail free card' isn't it?!?!

So glad the chemo hasn't been to harsh Rhona. Long may it continue!

Xxx

Morning Michelle stop putting in writing your intent to batter/kill/maim healthcare staff lol if it's in writing we can't make up an alibi when you get pushed over the edge 🤣🤣🤣🤣🙃
Hope your feeling better xx

Morning Rhona I didn't really sleep and my kindle was in my stuff too so very frustrating but a lovely nurse went and found me a book to read which I finished already lol

So glad you are not nauseous on day 3

I got codeine again so will be taking it along with my laxative medicine ....., maybe that's s little too much sharing lol 😂 xx

Glad to hear it's all done Sue and happy that no vomiting this time 👍🏼😁 Bet you can't wait to get home. I'm having drain one out today and then home. Drain 2 hopefully out Monday.

Jencat ......... rather you than me 😂😂😂

Rhona, slept ....... but very fitfully. What sleep I got was more down to exhaustion as opposed to the tablets. The doctor popped in this am but was with Mr J so couldn't batter her 😂😂😂😂

Hope everyone is feeling good this am and if not god then at the very least, ok.
Love to all xxx

Morning SueW

Glad your surgery went well. My second op (margin shave) was at 4.45 too. It's a long time to wait. How annoying about your phone, but hope you were feeling sleepy anyway. Not being sick is a big bonus. I'm day three chemo and not had any nausea at all which I am very happy about. Need some prunes, but enough about that Smiley Tongue

Hope you have a good post op day and that pain meds keep you comfortable. Just take it easy.

Rhona xx

Hopefully should be coming out today with appointment for Monday for drain removal and another one in 2 weeks for results of auxiliary clearance x

Sue

Great to hear from you and that you are the other side of surgery now.  Are you coming out today?

Make sure you rest now, onwards and upwards

Sending you a very gentle hug

Helena xxxx

Jencat

I couldn't imagine coping with a bunch of 5 year olds. Looking after myself is enough!

Michele, hope you had a sleep, or does the F1 need to go into hiding?

Rhona xx

Morning all surgery went ok but couldn't update yesterday as didn't go down until 4.45 by the time my op was done and I was taken to ward was 8.15pm and my case (and phone) was accidentally locked on the admissions ward so no means of contact but my positive for yesterday is that this time I wasn't sick after surgery xx A little sore but doing okay x hope you are all okay x

I've got the answer for that Michele and Rhona, spend a day in school with 5 year olds, add to the mix some outside games and one of the children choosing you to chase them round the circle (well hobble round holding post-op boob!) and then throw in a Staff Meeting for good luck=exhaustion! xx

Michele, I  could have obliged with the mallet as I was also awake at that time. What night sedation have you taken that works? I've taken Zolpidem and it knocked me out. Here's hoping  Promethazone works for you or the F1 better go into hiding. I've just taken my second dose of dexamethasone of the day, so hope I am not in the wide awake club tonight xxx

Rhona I was begging for that mallett at 4.30 this am!!!!  I'm going to have a serious fight with the F1 tomorrow morning if I don't sleep tonight.  I dozed from 5am to 8am, woke at 4 am the day before.  She's obsessed with zolpidem even though I've told her it doesn't work for me, she's now prescribed promethazine!!!! I will try it tonight and if it doesnt work I will hunt her down and knock her out with that bloody mallett Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Jill1998
Community Champion

You will certainly make an impression !!!

Well the consultant won't forget me lol xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

You will certainly brighten up their theatre list with your bright pink hair Sue !!!

Thank you all will be at hospital for 1 so if not on later will catch up on everyone's updates later xxx

Ali good to hear about your results

Whytefawn, thinking of you today, waiting is definitely horrible, but I hope for the best results for you

Michele, hope that mallet wasn't needed.

Rhona xx

HI SueW

Lovely to hear your good news about your scan. WIshing you a speedy recovery from your op today xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Great news Ali !!
Jill1998
Community Champion

Good luck today Sue !!!

Ck how was yesterday Hope not too traumatic .... I messaged too xxx

Good morning Sue
How nice to wake up to some good news from a lovely lady.
Best wishes for a successful opp today.xxx

Morning Shirley I am a little more anxious about this 2nd surgery and I will admit nervous about the drain and will be staying in hospital overnight but once lymph node clearance done and I am healed will be ready for the next stage xxx hope you have a great day xx

I was just reading comments and thinking same as you Sue, about how pleased we all are we just need surgery, chemo etc. In previous lives we would have been devasted! But now any small bit of hope or good news is clung onto.
Great for everyone for positive tests results, fingers crossed for those with results still to come.
Hope all goes well today Sue, you are bound to be anxious, personally my surgery was one of the easier bits as I was told when I woke up the cancer had gone, so the relief made up for any discomfort. Xxx

Ali thank goodness so thrilled for you too isn't it strange how we can celebrate even knowing we got surgery and chemo to face but for me I will just continue to take every bit of good news I can wherever it comes from x

Michelle hope you have managed to get some sleep x

Cassie got everything crossed for you Hun x

Everyone else may all your news be good news xx

Wide awake first time in ages so know it is aniexty About surgery so though I might as well make use of the time do doing some washing and unloading dish washer . Xx

Excellent news Ali 🎉🎉🎉
Huge buckets of luck coming your way for results Whyte 🍀🍀🍀🍀
A big pile of hugs and love for your surgery tomorrow Sue 🤗❤️ 🤗❤️
And several glasses of prosecco for you Jen to help you manage the 5 year olds and staff meeting 🥂🥂🥂🥂
I can't sleep after paracetamol, brufen and a zolpidem! My nurse has just given me some oxycodone. If that doesn't work would one of you send me a large mallet!!!!!! 😂
Sweet dreams all and luck and love for tomorrow ladies xxx

Absolutely fab news, Ali !!
hugs
ann x

Delighted for you SueW. Good luck tomorrow. I Got good news today too as both the ct and bone scans were clear!! Phew!! It was the hardest day ever as i had convinced myself that the cancer had apread! My apt was 3pm and i didnt think my legs would carry me into the room. Anyway as this tiny cancer which was in 23mm of benign calcifications is grade 2, ER+ and Her2+ i am starting chemo in 2 weeks alongside herceptin and Perjeta. I will probably have 6 cycles and a month after treatment finishes i will have a masectomy. I will lose my hair. Mad to be relieved at this treatment plan but i was. Thank you God for good results and thanks for everyones support and good wishes. Whytefawn i will say a prayer for you tomorrow as i know exactly how you feel xx

It's a shame your appointment is so late, at least mine was in the morning (although my consultant was running 40 mins late, the waiting was unbearable) You probably won't be able to concentrate at work, but maybe better than sitting at home?

Like you, I have never felt so terrified and I was convinced the CT scan (and the bone scan when I had it. Fortunately I already knew before yesterday that was ok) would show something up as I felt I'd got pains everywhere. Funnily though, I don't feel too bad today, just think I was over thinking everything, which is normal.

Hope you manage to get some sleep tonight xxx 

Thanks Jencat I know you and Sue know exactly how I feel! My appointment isn't until 4.30 so got to wait all day. I'm technically working tomorrow but don't know how much I'll be able to concentrate. I don't think I have ever been this terrified or probably ever will again! After this I don't think I can be afraid of anything ever again!

Cassie x

Hi Cassie, I understand how you're feeling this evening, I was exactly the same yesterday. Thinking of you and really hoping and praying that you receive the same good news as Sue and me. What time is your appointment tomorrow? Sending you a big hug xxx

Thanks Sue I hope everything goes smoothly for your surgery and looking forward to seeing you back on here.

Cassie x

Cassie good luck x yes it's so nice to read and report good news x big hugs and I had helenas tough big girlpants off jencat so I am passing them on to you x if I don't reply tomorrow when you post won't be because I don't care wil be because I in surgery but will be back on forum asap xx

Wonderful Sue!! Well that's two with clear scans this week let's hope I can make it 3 in a row tomorrow. I'm now at the stage where I don't want to go for my appointment I'm so terrified.

Cassie x

Wonderful news. Sending huge love and hugs xxx

I am so thrilled with all your support x love and best wishes to each and everyone of you xxx

Sue, if I don't sleep well tonight, I reckon I will tomorrow! A day with 5 year olds plus a Staff Meeting should do the trick! Smiley Happy xx

Stop!  You're making ME cry now.

Mega hugs coming through to you right now Sue xxxxx

I have barely stopped crying tonight but happy tears. I apologised to my consultant gir crying and he said he would rather have my happy tears than my sad ones from last time we met. I did warn him that as I am seeing him tomorrow for surgery he may get tears again and he said weeping women are part of his job lol. He asked about my hair and I told him it was the rebel in me kicking back at bc before I shave and he said well done so that made me happy too oh my god I am an emotional wreck . I hope you have a good nights sleep and can enjoy going in to work tomorrow xx

Sue, I'm so glad I swopped working today for tomorrow because I didn't sleep well last night so woke up feeling tired and I felt a bit teary this morning. I think it was a mixture of relief that the scans were clear and remembering the bc nurse correcting me when I said I'd got breast cancer to no, you had breast cancer. Even now as I type this I could quite easily cry again! I'm so pleased that you're fine too and you didn't have to wait any longer for results xxx