Urine Infection

What a day I’ve had.

It started at around 1 am this morning, I needed to pee pee and OMG it felt like razor blades. Every 5 mins the same thing, only as the night wore on, despite trying to drink I was getting dehydrated.

Eventually at 5 am hubby drove me to the local emergency of the hospital, some 15 mins away. I had to go to the loo 4 times on the journey.

Came back with an antibiotic to take, took one at the hospital and have basically slept almost all day except for the odd drink and pee pee.

But I am happy to say that now at 10 pm I am feeling better and I’ve got rid of all those razor blades. What an amazing job anti biotics do!

My next chemo is due on Monday, is this likely to set it back do you think? I hope not.

Hi Peackock,

I really sympathise, in fact it was one on my worst side effects when I very first started chemo.

I had just two bad nights and ended up cleaning the whole of the house!! just didn`t know what to do with myself, and like you the antibiotics did the trick.

Since then I always made sure I had antibiotics in the cupboard “just in case” and it never came back.

Glad you are feeling better,

Take care,
Janx

Sorry peacock!!

Yes Janx good advice, no need to go through that again so I will ask the Onc for a prescription just in case.

One thing is for sure though, I AM going to drink more water, I thought I had drunk enough but obviously not.

Bye for now

x

Hi peacock try cranberry juice for you urine infection, if you do not like the taste mix it with apple juice. Several of the chemo drugs irritate the the lining of the bladder, hope this helps x

Hi Peacock,
i agreed with sleepyjean as I had the same before and i found it very effective. better still,try and get the sugar free ones as bacterias love the sugary level…

Veeluz