Useful Questions ???

Hi ladies
I have my first appoint at the breast clinic tmrw, some of you have suggested taking a notepad to write down any questions that I may have & to take note of anything I’m told.
However I’ve no idea what questions I should be asking, I often feel quite intimidated by drs.
I’m guessing the types of questions will be dependent on what I’m told? What would you suggest?

As you’ve said, the questions will depend on what you are told - but it is possible they will want to do a biopsy. Hopefully, your mammogram and ultrasound will prove you have nothing to worry about and can go home, but if you have a biopsy you need to find out when your results will come through and how this will be dealt with. It may also be worth making a note of your breast care nurse’s name. I’m sure I was allocated one, but was so upset I didn’t find out who she was until quite a long way into my treatment. Also, it might be worth asking what is the best time to contact her. They are part time in my hospital and not all that easy to get hold of as they have to run clinics when actually at work. Sure someone else will come along now with lots of suggestions.
Hope all goes well for you today,
Margaret

Not really sure what advice I can offer you as I’m in the same situation. Do you have a friend or relative going along with you, if so it might be worth seeing if they can be the ones to ask questions as our brains tend to go blank in situations like this!
Hopefully someone can offer you a better insight. Let us know how it goes. Good luck xx