366737posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using you own hair to make a fringe

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Using you own hair to make a fringe

Batty19, did you ever make a fringe from your own hair? If so, I would be interested to hear how you did it.
Hope you are doing ok. x

I like forward planning lol. I bought my wigs and scarves etc before i even had my surgery.  Wanted to do it on a nice day,, when I was well, positive etc and we had lunch out. I am a very organised person and did not want to wait till after surgery when i might not have been up to it.  They sit there on dressing table waiting for the fateful day when all my hair drops out.  I begin chemo on 14th April so dont expect they will be sitting there too long.  Good luck xxx

Thanks for the thoughts and ideas. The idea of using my own hair was that hopefully I would still look like me! This is just forward planning as I haven't yet got my start date for chemo but expect it to be before end of the month.

Hi Batty19, welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support you have here please see our hair loss booklet which contains advice about various head wear including fringes:

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/breast-cancer-hair-loss-bcc5...

Please also feel free to call our helpliners for further support and information, lines re open Tuesday 7th April weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Take care
Lucy BCC

what a good idea wish I had thought of that lol.  I have just bought a fringe on a head band to wear under hats/scarves etc. I hate to be without a fringe as I have a very high forehead.  It also has some hair down the side too, so I hope I wont look too bald lol. this together with all the headscarves etc I hve bough and the two decent wigs, will, I hope, last me throughout the nightmare bald period.  I start my chemo on 14th so am up and ready for whatever it throws at me lol - good luck  val xxx

Can't help there, Batty, but when I was in Claire's accessories last week I did notice all sorts of faux hair products, one of which was a clip in fringe. Might be easier to find a way to attach something like that to a turban than trying to do something with your own hair?
Kitt
X

Using you own hair to make a fringe

has anyone made a fringe from hair lost because of chemo, to make a fringe to use when wearing a scarf(turban). If so can you give me any tips?