Utterly exhausted all the time?

I’ve had 5/6 chemo sessions now, switching from EC to Taxotere on 4.
I’ve now got to the point where I’m constantly totally exhausted, everything I do entails great effort on my part, even simple things like cooking or washing. I’m still managing to do most things but I have a serious attack of the idles.

Is this the cumulative effect? Even if I sleep for 8 full uninterrupted sleep I feel wiped out on waking still. My sleeping patterns are screwed up though and I’ve not been able to have the usual mid afternoon 2 hours sleep so perhaps that’s making it worse.

I found tax totally exhausting.My onc actually reduced the strength of the dose by 20% for 5 & 6.
I was so exhausted that I just stayed in bed days 2 and 3 following treatment, as I could only just about drag myself to the bathroom.
Steroids mess up sleeping patterns too, so you seem to be fighting everything at the same time.I was much better by week 3 but then it all started again.
Did improve at the end of chemo, but then started 35 rads!
You are getting nearer the end now so the hardest part is over.Just be kind to yourself and listen to your body.Just have duvet days and watch useless tv and dvd’s.Nothing that will test chemo brain.
I tried to schedule everything for week 3 and tried to do something nice in that week, if I could summon the energy!
Big hug and good luck with the rest of your treatment.take care of yourself.
Linda x

Thanks Linda.
I’m in Week 3 now but still feel totally zonked, perhaps it’s because I had such a horrible time of it with loads of SEs and my body is protesting and trying to recover now.

I’m bored bored bored of taking it easy :wink: Just want to go back to being superwoman on duracell batteries. This sedantary me is not me.

Last chemo on Tuesday - Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooop!
I’m hoping that once thats past that I’ll be a lot more energetic, though not looking forward to rads, not the rads itself, the travelling, 2 1/2 hours a day at least. FOr a month.