Vascular invasion her2 er positive

Is there any way in the world i can avoid chemo? Had surgery already and it was grade 3 no lymph nodes involved and clear margins. Anyone heard of same situation and no chemotherapy? Any hospitals give herceptin without chemotherapy? Grasping at straws am I? Doc said its up to me what I decided xx

Hi there, i dont think Herceptin is licensed to use in the U.K without being given alongside chemotherapy, i can totally understand your reluctance to have chemo- the fear of it is far, far worse- its not pleasant, but not as bad as you expect it to be- side effects are managed by the nursing team, everyone is different i know, i worked throughout my chemo, reduced hours, life was pretty much as normal as i could make it! All the very best with what you decide to do, its your decision as the doctor says, but personally i would rather throw everything at it from the start, Good luck and let us know what you decide to do! Take Care x

Where in the world is it licenced? I’ve just chatted to my daughter who’s a nurse and she’s in the same mind as me. …just have rads and hormone therapy. Everyone has dormant cancer cells in their body. …I have clear margins and nodes (I will ask my oncologist when I see her if more surgery is an option? ) vascular invasion can be in anyones body. Theres nothing at all to say chemo prevents cancer popping up elsewhere in yrs to come. She says only a tiny percent of women questioned their potential treatment. I’m not one of those women…I’m not stupid. …I know its a risk but hey lifes a risk…I could get squished by a bus tomorrow! I don’t mean to be trivial or patronize anyone. I’m just a lady who goes with her gut feeling.I’m a reiki therapist too as well as a special needs teaching assistant and both of these elements factor in my thoughts for different reasons. Hope i don’t offend anyone. I’m the one who will have to live with my decision. Hugs to everyone.

I’d love to talk to someone who refused it. I’m looking forward trials too. X

Tina Yes there is a way to avoid chemo.  Just say no to it. BUT the question is whether that is the right decision long term. Have a look at the Life Over Cancer boOK by Keith Block or AntiCancer by David Servan Schrieber. xx