Very Scared

I am paranoid that there is something wrong with my breasts and spend most of my time convincing myself that I can feel a lump and then the rest of the time convincing myself that I haven’t!

This weekend was one of those weekends, I was sure I could feel something in my right breast, a sort of large hard lump, this time I couldn’t talk myself out of it! I booked a Drs appointment first thing this morning, and went to see him at 3 this afternoon, I was really hoping he was going to say all was fine and it was just my over active imagination.

Unfortunatley he didnt, but he didnt agree with me as to where the hardness was he said he could feel hardness in another place, he said he would need to refer me to the breast clinic to be certain.

I asked him if he thought it was something horrible, he said if he was a betting man he would bet that it wasnt cancer, but the clinic would still need to check and would be able to put my mind at rest, the appointment should be within the next two weeks.

I am absolutley petrified!

Hi hkbaby and welcome to the BCC forums

I am sure your fellow users will be along shortly with support and you may also find it useful to call our helpline where you can talk your concerns over, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

The following link will take you to the BCC ‘Worried about breast cancer’ page where you will find lots of information which you may find helpful:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/worried?utm\_source=promo\_content&%3Butm\_medium=help\_you&%3Butm\_campaign=worried

Best wishes

Lucy

Hi, you poor thing! This is always the worst time, waiting and worrying, - you will suffer probably the most at this time in terms of anxiety and stress, by imagining all the things it could possibly be, and already feeling those emotions!

I can’t tell you not to worry … Well I can actually, but will it help? :wink:
I would ask you to bear in mind though that there are many reasons for breasts to feel lumpy and bumpy, (stupid things!) and there’s probably an 80-90% chance that yours will turn out to be nothing to worry about. At least your doctor is taking your concern seriously and arranging for you to he checked, even if he doesn’t think it is a malignancy!

Hang on in there, and do whatever you can to keep your mind occupied while you wait… And try to resist Googling as its easy to drive yourself crazy!!! (ie do as I say, and not as I did!!!) :wink:

Thank you for your kind and sensible words, I havent been anywhere near google since I went to the Doctors and he told me not to Google too.

I felt quite strange today as if it isnt really happening, kept myself really busy at work today, I cant beleive how much work I got through and at home my house is spotless!

Trying to keep positive and not to think about anything.

Got my appointment for the clinic today, Monday 29th at 9.30…I went into absolute panic mode when I opened the letter I suppose it made it real again (I am very good at denial!).

I have managed to calm down a little bit now, and keep telling myself nothing is wrong until someone tells me it is! I read on one of the posts here that a lady said “prepare for the worse but hope for the best” I am holding onto this thought.

I am hoping the very best for everyone that is in the same position as me and will carry on cleaning, cooking, meeting friends in the next week to keep my very over active mind from thinking the crazy things that keep popping in there!

Hi hkbaby
sorry to see you here but the support you will receive from the site is great. I was dx in Feb and still feel like its happening to some one else even though I’ve had 2 ops and started chemo! I was ale to work and keep busy until admitted to hospital by compartmentising my BC and life into separate boxes in my mind. This helped me not think to much about BC and also deal with things the same way when told them at each step. As Morwenna says try not to think about what if…stick with this will be okay whatever! :slight_smile:
kate
x

Ladies,

I had my appointment this morning and was told I had a cyst which the consultant dealt with straight away, I still cried at him! (he must of thought I was mad).

I want to say thank you to all of you, I have struggled with the last two weeks and have found a lot of comfort on this forum, you are all supportive and I wish every one of you the very best wishes and send you all my love.

Lots of Love
Julie-Ann (HKBaby) xxx

Wow great news take care Hun x

I well remember my first benign cyst, and having worked myself into a frenzy without the benefit of people to talk to on a site like this, how hard it was to put that fright behind me and move on with my life!

I think the trauma of this worry is underestimated and under-reported!

So go hug your loved ones, and have a long and happy life!! xx :slight_smile:

Fab news hkbaby - really pleased for you :slight_smile:
Thank you for coming back to let us know.
Hugs xx

Brilliant news HKBaby, take care xx