Very Worried

I was diagnosed in March this year and am currently having radiotherapy. A few weeks ago my Mom told me that her nipple is intermittently inverted. She has no history of breast cancer. She saw her GP 3 weeks ago who examined her and wasn’t concerned-he couldn’t feel anything suspicious. She also had a mammogram in April this year. However, she is quite concerned and is going to ring the Mammogram unit for further advice. I am really concerned- I can cope with my diagnosis (just) but don’t know what I would do if my Mom was diagnosed with the same, it would be just so unfair. I’m just looking for advice please. Thanks x

Dear Mac123

I am sorry to read that you have this further worry about your Mom, our helpliners are on hand for you to talk it over if you can call on 0808 800 6000, lines are open today 9-5 and Sat 10-2

Take care

Lucy BCC

Bump

Hi Paged

Thanks for asking-Mom rang Mammogram unit who advised her to see her GP for referral to BCN for full assessment. She is seeing her GP on Monday and will insist on referral.I am keeping everything crossed. Both my parents have been so supportive through my diagnosis and all treatment. It would be so b####y cruel if she too was diagnosed with breast cancer. Take care x 

Well, my Mom has been referred to the breast care clinic and has an appointment for Monday 21st Oct for triple assessment. Both she, my Dad and even my husband think all will be ok but I can’t let myself think that just in case it isn’t ok. Her nipple is intermittently inverted but does “pop back out” when she feels it. Part of me thinks that as she had a mammogram in April this year, surely that would have picked somethin up but then again maybe not-I really don’t know what to think but am very scared. Any advice/thoughts would be welcomed Thankyou

Mac x

Update on my Mom-she was seen for triple assessment today and has been diagnosed with “duct ecstasia”. I’ve never heard of this but the Consultant tells us its completely benign and not seen that often. Needless to say, we are all absolutely delighted that it isn’t anything sinister :smileyvery-happy: