Very angry today :(

Feeling very mad today , to summarise I went to my doctor 3 weeks ago who found a lump in my right breast @ 11 o’clock not mobile no skin involvement . My doc referred me to breast clinic and said she had marked this as urgent . Spoke to breast clinic who said as I’m under 35 (I’m in Ireland ) it would be a six week wait . As I’m a complete stress ball, I booked a private appointment was advised they would do an ultrasound and hopefully that would show it was nothing to worry about . Got ultrasound last week , this revealed solid lump in breast and they wanted to biopsy it straight away . Unfortunately I could’nt afford to pay for this and they said they would transfer to their public breast clinic and I’d have an appointment in two weeks and to ring them today to chase it up . Rang today and spoke to cancer coordinator ( her name and phone number was give by breast care nurse) well the cancer coordinator was the rudest woman I had ever spoke to in my life . She told me because I’m under 35 I have to wait a further 6 weeks , that I can’t just skip the queue because I went private ( believe me this wasn’t my intention ) . She said its probably just fibrocystic tissue , I asked if she had looked at referral or ultrasound and she said no . I said ok go you think then it’s nothing to worry about and she said well obviously only a biopsy can confirm that. I can’t believe she’s so rude , she also said she was going to give out to breast care nurse because people can’t skip the queue !!!

That’s terrible, some people have no tract at all. My husband’s boss asked him yesterday, if my news tomorrow isn’t good how well it impact on his work. Jeez, I was going mad, and it’s a woman!

Dear shopaholic

No wonder you are MAD!!! Anyone would be under those circumstances. I sometimes wonder how these people sleep in their beds- probably better than we do!! I do know a couple of ladies on here who live in Ireland and  had the six week wait. Thankfully they are both ok now. But that’s not the point. Why,  oh why doesn’t the Irish health system come into line with the one here in England??? It’s usually a 2 week wait maximum here. 

I know I can’t change things for you, but I did want you to know that  I was angry with your situation too. I hope you manage to either find a way around this, or find a way to cope for the next six weeks. Grrrrr!!! Bl***y Cancer Co-ordinator!!  :womanmad: :womansad:

Sending big hugs and best wishes

Poemsgalore xx

Thanks so much guys … I know the odds are its nothing to worry about but on these situations it’s so hard not too … I really appreciate your replies and now I no I’m not over reacting to this woman’s rudeness !!! Think I’ll be giving her a call or strongly worded letter once this is all over … Fingers crossed I get it over and done with soon xx

Sounds like your having a stressful time, cant blame you. Some people have no consideration for others, I am in same boat as you waiting for appointment will be 4 wks friday since I went to gp with lump. I have contacted hospital many times and today they finally told me that I was put on the 4 wk waiting list at the end of august so it will be 6wks by time im seen that will be 6 wks ive spent stressed and worried I think as I am only 24 they havent taken it seriously!
Hoping that we both get our appointment soon and you dont have to deal with the rude woman again.
X

Hunbun3 are you in Ireland as well ? I’ve just sent an email complaining about the rude woman I spoke to … It won’t get appointment quicker but maybe she’ll think twice before speaking to someone else like that :slight_smile:

No am in wales. Seems like england have got the quickest appointment rates by the time I get my appointment it will have been 6wks praying everything will be fine but I just dont know. Theres many rude people who work in healthcare as well as loads of genuine lovely ones also. Hopefully you wont need to deal with her again. I looked at going private and no way could afford it even though both me and my partner work full time.
Fingers crossed you get your appointment and all clear soon.